Chapter 10 - Her tears

Be with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             Ji Hyo wakes up around 3am. She hears groaning coming from Jong Kook. She fell asleep on the sofa she knows but she’s on the guest room. She goes to his room. He keeps on groaning like he’s so in pain.

 

            “Hey~…are you okay?...” she asked.

 

            She puts her hand on his forehead. “You’re burning…hey…hey…open your eyes…” she worriedly said.

 

            But Jong Kook isn’t responding to her. He is so in pain and has a high fever.

 

            “This won’t do…” she said and dials 119. “Hello…please send an ambulance here…immediately…” she said and also tells them their location.

 

            Ji Hyo runs to the restroom and gets a towel and a basin with water. She immediately wipes Jong Kook to help it reduce the heat of his body.

 

            After minutes an ambulance arrives, Jong Kook was carried to the stretcher. Ji Hyo follows him. They ride the ambulance and brought to the hospital. Ji Hyo holds his hand tightly. He’s still burning and unconscious.

 

             As they arrived at the emergency room, Jong Kook has been treated immediately. Ji Hyo is so nervous looking at him. She bites her nails from nervousness. Jong Kook started to chill and he’s still unconscious.

 

            The doctor immediately treats him. They injected him a medicine for his fever. They took off his cast and sees that his foot is swollen same goes to his elbow.

 

            Ji Hyo sees it. “What did happen?...He seem so okay earlier…” she thought.

 

             “The sprain isn’t healing…it looks like he has sever relapse…” he added. The doctor looks at Ji Hyo and asked. “Did he do something heavy or anything? Because it looks like it…That’s why it’s so swollen that cause him to have a high fever…It’s good that you brought him here immediately…it might get worst even more…” he said.

 

            “He didn’t do anything…” she said and thought about how she woke up on the guest room. “Don’t tell me…you…Why did you carry me?...” she thought.

 

            “He’s now okay…he needs to be admitted…for a few more test…we’ll bring him to his room…” the doctor said.

 

            “Thank you Doctor…” she said and walks near Jong Kook. She holds his hand. “Why do you keep on making me worry?...” she said and tears fall from her eyes.

 

            After minutes, Jong Kook was brought to his room. Ji Hyo didn’t leave his side. As soon as they were in the room, Jong Kook opens his eyes.

 

            “Hey~…” Ji Hyo said.

 

            “Wa--ter…” he said.

 

            Ji Hyo gives him a glass of water. She helps him and let him drink.

 

            “What happen?...” he asked.

 

            “You push yourself too much…it isn’t healing…it is so swollen…and you have a high fever…if I didn’t woke up…something bad might happen to you…Why…Why did you do that?...” she said sadly but with a feeling of guiltiness and sadness.

 

            Jong Kook knows what she’s saying. He carries her when she fell asleep while watching movie. He feels so uneasy letting her sleep there. She won’t be able to sleep well. She looks so tired from taking care of him. So he carried her, he tolerates the pain and brings her to the guest room. He didn’t thought it will get worse. He feels so sorry now. Ji Hyo looks so guilty from what happen.

 

            “Look what happen to you…You should have just let me sleep there…” Ji Hyo burst.

 

            Jong Kook holds her hand. “I’m sorry Ji Hyo-yah…I’m sorry for being so foolish…I want you to sleep well…I didn’t mean this to happen…” he said sincerely.

 

            Ji Hyo’s tears started to fall. Seeing that Jong Kook got flustered. He wants to hug her but he can’t even lift himself. He reaches her face and wipes her tears with his hand.  

 

            “I’m sorry…Please stop crying…” he said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter