Chapter 13 - Blind Date

Be with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             Jong Kook looks at her and stops the urge to wrap his arm around her. They were two people with hurtful memories together and with that reason they can’t be together anymore. He’s serious from taking a step forward and asking Chae Won to date him. He’s determined now to make himself happy again.

 

            “Ji Hyo-yah…” he said and tries to calm her. “I’ll bring you home…” he added.

 

            Ji Hyo stands up, wipe her tears and looks at him intently.

 

            “I’m not going anywhere Ji Hyo-yah…I want to be happy again…and I’m sorry if…you despise seeing me…but…I’m not going…I’m living my life here…I don’t want to go…” Jong Kook said seriously.

 

            Hearing those words from him, Ji Hyo felt heavy inside. Why is she so selfish? Even until now she’s always like this. The world doesn’t only revolve for her. He has a life on his own and she does too. Being hurt once again by him, she should stop blaming him for it. She’s the one who felt this way again. Jong Kook didn’t do anything wrong for her to feel this way. He’s just living his life the way he wants it to be.

 

            She turns her back on him and walks away. Her tears keep on falling. As soon as she was too far away from him, her knees gave up and she buries her face to her hands. She cries more to lessen the pain she feels.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

            Ji Hyo took her 5 days leave from work. She said to her kwajang-nim she’s having her writer’s block and she needs to get fresh air some place. She went to Jeju.

 

            She needs to freshen up her mood and accept things as they are. She walks holding her camera. She takes pictures of scenery and different people. She felt calming doing those things. What she really love.

 

            Ji Hyo’s taking pictures when someone bumps at her.

 

            “I’m sorry…” a little girl bows and said.

 

            She smiles at her and pats her head. “It’s okay…aren’t you hurt?...” she asked.

 

            The little girl shakes her head and smiles sweetly at her then leaves.

 

            She stares at her walking away. She sadly smiles and looks at the sky.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

            Jong Kook went inside the Writing Department where he knows Ji Hyo works. Someone already greeted him on his way there, those who work while taping on his house. He went here because Chae Won said that her Unnie wants to propose a project to him.

 

            “Jong Kook Oppa…” El said as soon as she sees him.

 

            “Hello El…” he said.

 

            “Kwajang-nim already told me about the project…She’s not around now she has an urgent meeting…so I’ll brief you instead…” she said. “Are you okay with that?...” she added.

 

            Jong Kook nodded. They went inside a meeting room. He sat down and El gets coffee for them. He notices Ji Hyo isn’t around. He felt relieved knowing that.

 

            “Here’s your coffee…” El gave him the coffee.

 

            “Thank you…” he said.

 

            “Before we start…How are you Oppa?...” El asked.

 

            “I’m good…” he said.

 

            El looks at him like calculating if what he said is real. “Okay…then let’s start…” she said.

 

            “Okay…” Jong Kook said.

 

            This is a project for a commercial Oppa…and kwajang-nim wants to feature your furniture’s…this is how the commercial flows…” El said and let him check the script.

 

            Jong Kook reads the script. The script is about a happy family living in a house.

 

            “A cozy house with your furniture’s in it…table, chairs, cabinet and sofa…” El explains.

 

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter