~ 6

Married Off To The Prince

Everyone talked a lot with Taekwoon and they wanted to get to know more about Hakyeon's fiance, such as how Taekwoon was chosen. They knew about the announcement the king made at the time he was going to choose for Hakyeon's partner, but they didn't know how Taekwoon was found and how the king thought that Taekwoon was the perfect match for Hakyeon.

Hakyeon perfectly explained that his father went undercover and that he went to a lot of public places to see which vampires were perfect candidates, but it was until his father saw Taekwoon in a cafe. His relatives chuckled when they heard the full story.

''So your fiance was found in a cafe? How lovely?'' Jaehwan asked and Hakyeon chuckled. Hakyeon became more relaxed around his relatives, now that they accepted Taekwoon. Sure, vampires with the name Jung weren't the friendliest. But Taekwoon proved them wrong, because he at least has his manners.

Taekwoon still had to get used to this big family, because he was an only child in his family. So it was new to Taekwoon that royals had a huge family.

''You look like you don't like it here, Taekwoon.'' Hongbin mentioned and Taekwoon shook his head, because he did like it here.

''Actually, I do. But I have to get used to this big family, because I grew up as an only child. So that I'm surrounded by such a big family like this, is very new to me.'' Taekwoon defended himself and a lot of 'ah' was heard in the room. They were very surprised that Taekwoon was used to a quiet household and that he never knew how a big family like the Cha's were like, they loved to spent a lot of time together and the bond with the members of the family were very strong.

''What about your parents, Taekwoon? Do they know about you being engaged to Hakyeon?'' Wonshik asked and Taekwoon looked with a plain face at Wonshik.

''I live on my own for years. The bond with my parents isn't well and my father abused me multiple times, so I moved out when it was time for me to move out. And after that, I never saw both of them ever again. So they truly never really cared about me. I'm pretty sure that they have seen the announcement of my engagement to Hakyeon, but I'm sure that they don't care about me being engaged to Hakyeon. I don't even exist for them anymore.'' Taekwoon explained and everyone's eyes widen. They didn't see that coming and Hakyeon in particular.

Hakyeon pulled Taekwoon closer and wrapped an arm around Taekwoon's waist, resulting in Taekwoon's head resting on Hakyeon's shoulder. Taekwoon didn't let go a lot of emotion about the troubled relationship with his parents, but none of the Cha family could blame Taekwoon for that.

''You can forget about that now, because you entered a family in which we care about each other. Believe me, we will make you feel welcome and comfortable in the family. Now that you're engaged to Hakyeon, we won't make you feel like you're an outside. You proved to us that you're not one of those Jung vampires that we know about.'' Jaehwan assured and Taekwoon had a faint smile on his face when he looked at Jaehwan.

''Guys, what do we have to say about how Taekwoon is dressed? I'm surprised about that.'' Wonshik spoke up and everyone looked at Taekwoon. Hakyeon smiled and over Taekwoon's hand.

''He impresses me by how he looks for someone who isn't from royal descent.'' Jaehwan comments and Taekwoon carefully nods to thank him for that compliment. This was the outfit that Hakyeon gave him when he was introduced to the vampires as Hakyeon's fiance and Taekwoon loves to put this one on a lot.

''Well thank you all. I gave this outfit to Taekwoon when he was introduced to the vampires as my fiance. I gave it to him, because I thought it would look good on him and I wanted him to keep that. I feel proud when he wears it, because he looks so royal in it.'' Hakyeon said and placed a kiss on Taekwoon's temple, resulting in a chuckle coming from Wonshik and Hongbin.

Everyone was surprised that somone like Taekwoon would look very royal already, while he didn't have had much training yet. Until Hakyeon would get married to him, Taekwoon had to learn to act and to live like a prince.

''If Hakyeon will rule over this kingdom and once he is married to Taekwoon, I'm sure that Taekwoon will do well next to Hakyeon.'' Jin Ha spoke up and Taekwoon bowed a little bit. He was very uncomfortable right now, because he wasn't used to recieve any compliments like these. But he already knew that he would recieve those compliments a lot more now.

Everyone agreed that Taekwoon was pretty cute, so they kinda understood it a little bit why the king chose Taekwoon as Hakyeon's fiance. No other vampire would be a better match for Hakyeon.

''I'm actually looking forward for all of us to have a meal with Taekwoon, I really wanna know how he is like during either lunch or meal.'' Jin Ha continued and Taekwoon looked at him. It made him even feel more uncomfortable, because it already took him a lot of courage to get comfortable around Hakyeon and his parents during the meals.

''Oh don't worry Taekwoon, we'll do everything to make you feel less uncomfortable. We understand that all of this is new to you.'' Hongbin assured Taekwoon and Hongbin placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder. Hongbin wanted to be there for his cousin's fiance and hoped that Taekwoon would accept this offer from Hongbin.

Taekwoon looked at Hongbin and slightly nodded. He got more comfortable around Hakyeon's family now and he told himself that he would get used to these personalities a lot more now that he was engaged to the heir to the throne.

''Welcome to the Cha family, Taekwoon.'' Jaehwan said with a big smile on his face and Taekwoon couldn't help but smile brighter. He was glad that Hakyeon's family didn't really care that Taekwoon was just an ordinary vampire instead of being a prince.

Hakyeon pulled Taekwoon closer and kissed Taekwoon right in front of his relatives. Hakyeon didn't care anymore, because all the tension was gone now and he was glad that everyone accepted Taekwoon. Taekwoon was a family member to them and they would treat him as if he always had been a Cha.

''I love you Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon said as he heard 'ahw' coming from his relatives.