~ 19

Married Off To The Prince

The Cha's continued to have a talk about the photoshoot. It was nothing anymore towards them, but they couldn't stop talking about Taekwoon's debut on these photos. Taekwoon did an amazing job today, so it surprised the king and the queen that Taekwoon was already doing such an amazing job while he never have stood in front of a camera before.

''Thinking back about how well Taekwoon did today, I think that he definitely has no fear to show up in front of a camera. He should join us for photoshoots more often, even if we have one in public.'' the queen said and Taekwoon's eyes widen when he looked at her. They wanted him to join them when they were going to do another photoshoot? Taekwoon really wanted to decline that, but Hakyeon would make him say yes.

Taekwoon wasn't a big fan of that idea now, because he didn't like it if vampires would see him like this. Jae Young in particular, because Jae Young would keep asking him how he was doing and would keep talking to him. But if these photoshoots would happen again, that meant that Taekwoon couldn't help but give in to it. He couldn't decline the offer.

''It's okay Taekwoon, we'll make sure that no one comes close to you.'' Hakyeon said as he wrapped his arms around Taekwoon. Taekwoon looked at him with a faint smile, but couldn't get used to the idea that they even would take photos at places in the public. Ofcourse, they were secured by guards. But still, Taekwoon didn't like it if everyone in the kingdom could see this.

Taekwoon wasn't used to this much of attention, but he hoped that the other photoshoots would wait a little. Taekwoon still was a rookie to the life of the royals, so he at least wanted to get some time to take it all in. It was still unknown when everything would change again when Hakyeon would be crowned as the new king. And on top of that, Taekwoon would get the same pressure on his shoulders. Because the fate that was waiting for Hakyeon, was also waiting for Taekwoon. But in his case, it wouldn't be that hard, because Hakyeon was the one who was going to rule over the kingdom and Taekwoon would show up next to him as his husband.

''I-I just don't want my friend near me, because he'll keep asking me lots of questions. It's been a while since I've seen him and I don't want him to ask me questions all the time. I'd like to talk to him again one day, but I want to take my time with the conversation.'' Taekwoon said and Hakyeon nodded as he looked at Taekwoon. Hakyeon would do whatever it takes to protect Taekwoon, even in public.

''Don't worry Taekwoon, we'll take enough guards with us and they will keep the crowd away from you. We are very much aware of your situation, so we will do everything to make it as comfortable as possible.'' the king said and Taekwoon smiled once he looked at the king. The Cha's were very supportive towards him and he appreciated that.

Then, a maid came in and brought the Cha's something to drink. The Cha's really deserved something to drink after this photoshoot and they accepted the drink with a smile. Even Taekwoon accepted the drink the maid offered him.

''You've done well today, Taekwoon. I'm more than proud of you.'' Hakyeon said as he kissed Taekwoon's cheek. This was nothing to Hakyeon, since he was born into this world. But now that Taekwoon was his, Hakyeon understood Taekwoon's point of view. Taekwoon made Hakyeon realise how the vampires were like and how their behaviour was. On top of that, Hakyeon learned how Taekwoon was like before he was pulled into this world.

''I agree with you Hakyeon, Taekwoon did an amazing job. He surprised me with how well he did, because I didn't expect someone like Taekwoon to be this photogenic.'' the king said and the queen chuckled as a reponse to what the king just said. Both had seen Taekwoon change after the engagement of the two was announced to the public. Taekwoon came in as someone you could expect, closed off and scared. But Taekwoon changed after he grew closer to Hakyeon and Hakyeon honestly loved it, because he fell in love with Taekwoon right after he came in.

''Mum, dad, don't forget that Taekwoon isn't used to these things because of his background. We still have to train Taekwoon in other things that might come our way.'' Hakyeon reminded his parents about it and the two nodded. They sometimes wanted to go way too fast with everything and were a little too proud of Taekwoon being the newest addition to the Cha family.

''Ah right, sorry Hakyeon.'' the queen said and took a sip from her drink. Taekwoon remained silent during the entire conversation and silently drank from his drink. The Cha's continued their talk and Taekwoon just listened to them. Everything was new to him after this slight amount of time. Even now that he was married to Hakyeon, Taekwoon still hadn't turned this life into his own. The marriage came pretty quick, so Taekwoon had issues in getting used to everything.

Hakyeon's head was resting on Taekwoon's shoulder and Hakyeon giggled when his grip tightened. Now that Hakyeon was married to the partner his dad chose for him, Hakyeon fell more and more in love with Taekwoon and he would be there for Taekwoon. Even if Taekwoon struggled with his life here.

''Don't worry Taekwoon. Just share with me anything that is on your mind, even if I can hear your thoughts.'' Hakyeon joked and Taekwoon looked at him with a serious expression on his face. Taekwoon wanted to share a lot of things with only Hakyeon, because Hakyeon could comfort him a lot. 

''H-Hakyeon, can we go upstairs later on? I just want to talk to you alone.'' Taekwoon spoke in a soft voice and Hakyeon smiled as he nodded. He rather wanted to go upstairs now instead of doing that later, so the two made sure that their glasses were empty and they made their way upstairs.

Hakyeon closed the door once they have made it to their bedroom and Taekwoon sighed deep. Hakyeon sat down next to him and took Taekwoon's hand in his. It made him feel worried to see Taekwoon like this at this moment, so he wanted to know what was going on.

''I just need you to comfort me now, because everything happened so fast. I... I feel like I lost track of myself. The way I am now, I don't think I'm ready to rule over the kingdom on your side.'' Taekwoon sighed deeper this time and Hakyeon kissed Taekwoon's cheek.

Taekwoon was right, everything happened so fast. At the day Taekwoon came in here, their engagement was announced to the public and they got married a few weeks later.

''Don't worry Taekwoon, I'm here for you. I understand that it all happened so fast, but you will do an excellent job on my side.'' Hakyeon said in a comforting tone and kissed Taekwoon. Taekwoon needed all of his support and love, so that everything could sink in.