Ties That Bind

Of Idols & Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as Jennie woke up, she immediately went to her boss’ office, to see if they made any progress while she rested. Truth be told, she was nervous about the whole situation. She was the only one who really knew Chahee. After all, they were best friends and girlfriends. Jennie knew Chahee wouldn’t waste any time, trying to antagonize her. She didn’t care in what way, but she always knew how to get under Jennie’s skin. 

 

The squad leader sighed heavily and shook her head, she couldn’t think negative like this. It will only make her unfocused on the task at hand. And with that, she knocked on the door and heard a faint come in.

 

She entered the room quietly and was greeted by the smiling faces of her members and bosses. 

 

“Hey, unnie. Feeling better?” Lisa asked her leader, as soon as she stepped into the room.

 

She let a little smile grace her lips as she nodded once to them, answering Lisa’s question. “Hey, any progress with the plan? I thought I could help make some suggestions?”

 

Solar shook her head, “It’s okay, Jennie. We’ve already came up with a decent plan, at least for now. We don’t really know when Chahee will make her move so we have to kind of wing it.”

 

Jennie hummed as she sat next Lisa, looking at all the papers that were scattered on the table in front of her. “So, what did you guys come up with?”

 

“Well, we figured we’d have to let Red Velvet know first about what’s going on and have them pack their essentials tonight and have them stay here for the time being.” Moonbyul started as she handed Jennie a paper with what seemed a finalized plan of what they were going to do. 

 

“We’re going to go straight to their dorm after this. The sooner we tell them, the better.” Jisoo commented, receiving nods from Lisa and Chaeyoung.

 

“After they are safe here at the agency, we’re gonna send out some of the teams to help scout the outskirts of Korea.” Chaeyoung explained next. “There’s no way Chahee would have her headquarters in the city.”

 

“So it would be in the country side, like in a warehouse?” Jennie interjected, squinting her eyes in thought.

 

“But do you think she would be dumb enough to actually expose herself that easily to us? It’s Chahee.” Lisa spoke up, adding a twinge of venom in her voice at the mention of Chahee. “There’s no way she would be out in the open like that.”

 

It was silent for a few seconds, as they thought of where Chahee could possibly be.

 

“Underground.” Jisoo came to a realization. “She has to have some sort of underground basement or something.” She chuckled in disbelief. “It’s Chahee, she likes to be discreet, hidden in the shadows.”

 

“That’s right, so even if we were to check any warehouse surrounding Seoul, we wouldn’t really find her.” Solar inquired.

 

“Unless we find a hidden door or some kind of latch in a warehouse.” Jennie murmured. 

 

“But, how would we know which one? There could be thousands of warehouses everywhere. We wouldn’t have the time for it.” Chaeyoung answered with furrowed eyebrows.

 

Jennie clenched her jaw at the obvious choice. “Unless we bait her.”

 

The rest of them gasped. 

 

“NO! SCREW THAT. HELL NO.” Lisa jumped up from her seat and crossed her arms. “There’s no way I’m letting you do that, Jennie!” Whenever Lisa didn’t call her leader with honorifics, they knew she was being serious.

 

“Jennie, are you insane? You can get seriously injured or end up dead the second she captures you.” Jisoo stammered, looking at her cousin as if she grew two heads. 

 

Before anyone else could add their two cents in, Jennie said. “No. Chahee wouldn’t do that. She would torture me at best. She’s sadistic like that. Besides, I would have you three close by, you would follow wherever she’ll take me.”

 

Jisoo, Chaeyoung and Lisa all have a deep sigh. 

 

“I mean, it’s not a bad plan, but it’s also extremely dangerous.” Moonbyul voiced her concern over this suggestion.

 

“But it’s our best shot,” Jennie affirmed, standing up and faced everyone else that was in the room. “If we go around looking for her, she would just keep moving around, we would never catch her.”

 

Lisa grimaced, “I don’t agree with this plan, but you’re right.” Jennie smiled slightly at that. “Jennie is our best bet, to even come close to finding Chahee. But how would we bait her? We can’t make it look too obvious what our plan is.”

 

“Let’s just figure it out one step at a time, but first we need to warn Red Velvet.” Moonbyul said, writing down everything that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter