Shattered Glass

Of Idols & Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was another day in the BlackPink household, today they had the day off from guarding Red Velvet, since the girls had a day off as well. It had been almost a week since the amusement park incident, everything was going smoothly, except for the times Jennie and Irene seem to argue, which was almost all the time. Jennie had never met anyone so infuriating yet so interesting in her life. Although Irene was constantly annoying her, Jennie could feel herself growing soft for the Red Velvet leader. She would never admit that to anyone, maybe just her sister, Taeyeon.

 

The girls were all laying around the living room, just lazying around as they usually did on their days off. Lisa was on her phone, laying on the sofa with her head on Jisoo’s lap. She was giggling quietly to herself, most likely texting Wendy. Jisoo was also texting on her phone with her girlfriend. Chaeyoung was strumming on her guitar, sitting in the corner on a beanbag chair. While Jennie was on her laptop, sitting on the other couch, going through emails from Solar. 

 

“Jennie-ah, are you really working right now? Would it kill you just to relax for a few hours?” Jisoo asked, looking up from her phone. 

 

Jennie glanced at her cousin, stopping her fingers on the keyboard, “I’ll just answer this email and then I’m done. Who are you texting by the way? From what I recall you didn’t have a girlfriend?”

 

Jisoo blushed slightly and smiled down at her phone, “Do you remember when we were bodyguards for Twice? Well I kinda got close with Momo, and from then on we’ve been talking. We’re actually going out on our first date today.”

 

Chaeyoung stopped strumming her guitar and looked at Jisoo with a bright smile, “I knew it!” She looked towards Lisa. “You owe me dinner for a week, Lis! I told you she was talking to Momo.”

 

Lisa groaned and sat up, removing her head from Jisoo’s lap. “Dang it, I thought it was Dahyun.” 

 

Jisoo’s jaw fell in shock.

 

“Wow, you really bet on my cousin’s love life?”

 

“I mean-IT WAS CHAEYOUNG’S IDEA!” Lisa grabbed a pillow and hid her face in it, knowing well that either Chaeyoung or Jisoo we’re ready to hit her.

 

Jisoo hit Lisa on the leg twice, hard, “There, that’s all you get as punishment, you’re lucky I’m in a good mood and plus, “ she smirked. “I would’ve bet way more than just dinner.”

 

Lisa took off the pillow and looked blankly at Jisoo. “Only you. Anyways, I’m actually going out with Wendy unnie too.” Lisa spoke, grinning widely like she had just won the lottery.

 

“Unbelievable, you just met her, Lisa.” Jennie raised an eyebrow, closing her laptop. “Don’t you think you’re moving too fast?”

 

Lisa sat up and shrugged, “Wendy unnie doesn’t seem to mind, besides we’re just getting to know each other.”

 

Chaeyoung put her guitar back on the stand and stood up and stretched. “Yeah, I have to get ready too, Joy unnie is coming to pick me up. She said if I didn’t go with her she would drag me, so I have no choice.”

 

Jennie laughed, “Please, I’ve seen the way you look at her. Don’t think I don’t see it, I’m the most observant out of all of us.”

 

Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out and made her way to her room, “Maybe you should go out with miss Bae, unnie. You two need to get along better.”

 

Jennie gaped at Chaeyoung, “No! Absolutely not. I already deal with her enough.”

 

“You’re not the only one who’s observant, Jennie-ah.” Jisoo smirked. “You like her, don’t you?”

 

“N-no! You know I don’t get attached easily anymore, not since...” Jennie frowned and blinked away the tears that were forming in her eyes. She shook her head. “Argh! Why can’t I get her out of my head?”

 

Lisa smiled sympathetically and put her arm around Jennie’s shoulder. “It’s okay, Jennie unnie. It’s normal to feel what you feel, sometimes love comes unexpectedly. Maybe Irene unnie can heal you, you never know.” 

 

The squad leader sighed, “Why can’t you be this smart and wise for everything, Lis?” Lisa gasped dramatically and put her hand on her chest.

 

“That hurt!”

 

Jennie laughed and squeezed Lisa’s waist after giving her a hug. “I’m joking, but thank you.” She looked towards Jisoo, and Chaeyoung who had come back after hearing Jennie laugh, she was never one to miss anything. “All of you. Thank you for everything. You’re the best team and family I could ever ask for.”

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo rushes over to Jennie as well and pulled her and Lisa into a group hug. 

 

“It’s too early for this.” Jennie said, as the air left her body. 

 

The girls released her, and Chaeyoung smiled brightly, “You can’t expect us not to be mushy after you said that, unnie!” Then she sighed happily and said. “Just know, anywhere you go, we go too. That’s a promise.” She held out her pinky finger and the others followed suit, all silently smiling as their fingers intertwined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter