She’s Back

Of Idols & Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie groaned as she opened her eyes, squinting at the bright lights that were shining above her.

 

“What the hell?” She murmured as she blinked several times, trying to adjust to the lights.

 

“Oh! Jennie unnie, you’re awake!” She heard from her right side, then she heard footsteps and a door opening. “Doctor Park! She’s awake!”

 

She felt a hand rest on hers from her left side, “Jennie, how are you feeling?” Jennie smiled slightly at the soft voice.

 

She moved her head slightly to the side and saw it was Irene who was holding her hand. “I’m fine, I just have a slight headache.” She whispered and squeezed Irene’s hand in a comforting gesture. “How are you? Are you hurt? What happened?”

 

Irene cupped Jennie’s cheek, “Slow down, relax. I’m fine. The rest of your team got there on time before the man could do anything to me.”

 

Jennie touched the hand that was on her cheek and looked into Irene’s tired eyes, “I’m sorry you had to see all that. I’m glad that you’re safe,” she looked away as tears started to form in her eyes. “I failed to protect to you.”

 

“Hey now, you didn’t fail. You did well. Don’t beat yourself up over it.”

 

“How long was I out for?”

 

“Maybe a full day, it wasn’t long.”

 

Before Jennie could respond, the door suddenly opened and a grinning Lisa came in, followed by Chaeyoung, Jisoo and the doctor who was in charge of her. “JENNIE UNNIE!”

 

Before Lisa could run to her, she was hit in the back of the head.

 

“No touching the patient, Lisa.” The doctor said with a slight smirk as she watched Lisa rub the back of her head with a pout.

 

Irene quickly removed her hand from Jennie’s cheek and composed herself, running her fingers through her black hair. “Oh, hello again, doctor Park.”

 

Doctor Park laughed, as she noticed Irene’s cheeks becoming red. “Please just call me Dara or unnie. Doctor is so formal.” She playfully said and walked towards Jennie, holding a clipboard. 

 

“Jennie-ah, how are you feeling?” Dara asked as she looked at her heart rate and vital signs on the monitor, writing it down on her clipboard. 

 

“I’m fine, unnie. Just have a slight headache.” Jennie answered as she adjusted the bed so she was sitting up. “And I’m a little dizzy, but other than that, I feel good.”

 

Dara smiled and gently ruffled Jennie’s hair, “Great, luckily the guy didn’t hit you hard enough to cause a serious head injury. You have no internal bleeding which is also good. If you’d like, you can be discharged in a bit. But we’re keeping you, just to make sure you don’t faint out of no where, sound okay to you?” 

 

Jennie nodded and Dara took her leave to check on her other patients. She looked towards her squad members, “Girls, as soon as I get discharged, we need to talk to Solar unnie. Maybe even Byul unnie.”

 

“Do you think it’s that bad?” Chaeyoung asked. “Do we really need Special Ops?”

 

“We just need her opinion, and you know Byul and Solar unnie have more than enough confidence in us to do this on our own.”

 

“Whatever you say, boss.” Lisa said, knowing that it wasn’t a good thing if Jennie wanted to talk to the BOTH the main bosses so quickly.

 

Jennie turned towards Rosé, “Chae, call Hwasa and Wheein, I’m going to have you, Jisoo, and those two Irene to her home.”

 

Chaeyoung gave a firm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter