It Begins

Of Idols & Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I cannot believe I’m doing this right now.’ Jennie thought as she sat next to Irene. The girls had forced, more on Jennie’s side, to get on the log ride with them. Jennie was with Irene, Lisa with Wendy, Chaeyoung with Joy, Yeri and Seulgi sat together, and poor Jisoo was behind them sitting next to a boy who was trying and failing to flirt with her.  

 

Jennie was already feeling the sensation in her stomach. The girl couldn’t handle being on water. At all. She easily got motion sickness. “Can’t I just wait at the exit? Jisoo can ride with you.” 

 

Irene smirked, “Why? Are you scared of a little water? Wow, and you’re supposed to protect me?” She slyly remarked. 

 

Jennie scoffed, “I can protect you, I just don’t like water rides.” She wasn’t about to tell Irene that she gets sick easily, it would make her look like a total wuss. 

 

“Jennie unnie, is your motion sickness acting up again?!” Lisa yelled from her spot. 

 

Jennie pursed her lips and rolled her eyes, she looked back to Lisa, “Yeah, Lis, I’m okay!”

 

Irene chuckled, “You get motion sickness?”

 

“Yeah, I do. But I can’t help it.” The bodyguard said, looking away from Irene. Her cheeks were turning red out of embarrassment. It’s not like she cares about Irene’s view of her or anything. 

 

She felt a hand on her arm and she looked back, meeting Irene’s soft gaze, “Hey, it’s fine. It’s a quick ride anyways. I don’t think they would let you out now though.”

 

Jennie gulped, she had never noticed how beautiful the Red Velvet leader was until now. ‘No, Jennie. Don’t do this to yourself again.’ The bodyguard chastised herself in her head. She quickly looked away and muttered a “whatever.” 

 

Irene glared at the squad leader and crossed her arms, “You’re the one who’s afraid of water.”

 

“I’m not afrai— AHHH!” Jennie screamed as the log descended from the high hill, she had been too lost in thought and hadn’t noticed there was a steep hill coming up. 

 

“THAT’S THE SPIRIT JENNIE-AH!” Jisoo screamed as she lifted her hands in the air. 

 

“UNNIE, YOU’RE NOT HELPING!” 

 

After that, Jennie was thankful that there were no more drops, and sat frozen in her seat, hoping to Jisoos that the ride would be over, she really needed a trash can right now.

 

‘As if this day could get any worse.’ Jennie thought as Irene stood up to get out of the log-shaped boat, the squad leader quickly followed suit, but during her haste to stand up, the log rocked a little too much and it flipped over, taking her with it, into the water. 

 

The other girls stood shocked by the exit gate,  Chaeyoung and Jisoo went to get her out while Lisa laughed to the side, nearly falling to the floor. The Red Velvet girls had no idea what to do, so they decided to walk out of the exit, as to not block it from others who were trying to leave. Lisa noticed this through her fits of laughter and followed quickly, she couldn’t leave the girls for a second, especially not Wendy.

 

“Unnie, grab my hand,” Chaeyoung and Jisoo stretched her hand out to Jennie, who was grasping the ledge and took hold of the girls’ hand, hoisting her up. “Are you okay?”

 

Jennie coughed, she had accidentally swallowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter