Special Chapter: WenLis

Of Idols & Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: I have no idea how some of the medical stuff works but I hope I'm explaining things right. Anyways, sorry if it's a little sad at the beginning.]

 

Wendy sniffled as she rode in the ambulance with Lisa on the gurney, barely breathing through the oxygen mask. She had lost a lot of blood but it was a miracle she was still alive. Wendy didn't care if she smelled or that she hadn't had a proper nights rest in a while, the only thing that mattered was Lisa. Her Lisa. When she had gotten shot in front of her, Wendy didn't know what to think. All she saw was Lisa's eyes widening and her jaw dropping as the bullet penetrated her body. Watching as she fell to the floor, her hands clutching her stomach. 

 

It scared Wendy, it terrified her. She felt like she lost Lisa then and there and when she had to be taken out of the warehouse, she didn't want to leave Lisa behind. But what could she do? She had to follow orders.

 

Wendy was shaken out of her thoughts when she heard the heart monitor flatlining. Wendy's eyes widened at the sight. 

 

She grabbed on to Lisa's cold hand in between hers, holding it close to her chest. Her eyes filled with tears as the paramedics brought out a defibrillator. 

 

"1...2...3... clear!" The paramedic shouted, pressing the two pads on Lisa's chest, sending a shock through her body. Wendy watched as the shock lifted Lisa's chest up. It didn't work.

 

"Please, baby, please. Don't give up, please." Wendy whispered, leaving a light kiss on the knuckles of Lisa's hand.

 

"Again. Clear!" They did it once more.

 

Nothing changed.

 

"1...2...3. Clear!" 

 

Wendy was in hysterics at this point, not knowing what to do, seeing that Lisa's heart rate wasn't changing. She closed her eyes and sobbed. "No, Lisa, please you have to wake up. Please. I can't live without you."

 

"I'm sorry, Ms. Son. she's–"

 

Beep.

 

Wendy's eyes shot to the heart monitor, watching it as Lisa's heart rate increased. She smiled through her tears, kissing Lisa's hand again. "That's it, Lis. You're so strong."

 

The paramedics gave a small smile of relief to each other, just as they made it to the hospital. They quickly took Lisa into surgery to get the bullet out and to patch her up, while Wendy was taken to get her body checked out to make sure she had no injuries.

 

***

 

Lisa's eyes fluttered open, she closed her eyes immediately, not used to the harsh light in the hospital room. She blinked several times, trying to adjust to the light. She heard a gasp and felt someone hold her hand next to her. She slowly opened her eyes and look to the side, seeing that it was her girlfriend, Wendy.

 

Lisa gave a small smile, squeezing Wendy's hand lightly. She opened to say something but nothing seemed to come out. was dry.

 

"Oh, let me get you some water, baby." Wendy said as she grabbed the cup of water from the nightstand, bringing the straw up to Lisa's lips, letting her drink some of the cool water.

 

Once she was done, Wendy put the cup of water back and sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter