Chapter 9

Now that you are here

Thank you for reading my story~ In the last part of the chapter I added Jeonghan's POV 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh, excuse me. I’m Yoon Jeonghan, manager of this hotel. Hope you are enjoying the party.” Jeonghan said his practiced speech in front of Jihoon and Seungcheol could only sigh.

“I’m sorry, but I need to discuss an important matter with Mr. Choi. If you could excuse us, he will definitely contact you. Business partners and clients are the priority of Choi Company.” Jeonghan continued with his practiced smile.

Seungcheol wanted to say something, but he could only look back at Jihoon’s confused eyes. It was like Jihoon was looking at him for the first time. And it seemed like he wasn’t having a good first impression.

“Mr. Choi.” Jeonghan said patting his arm softly.

Seungcheol didn’t want to follow him, but when he saw Jihoon turning his back at him, he knew this would turn even messier if he stayed.

So he just followed Jeonghan inside and was met with Mr. Yoon who started talking about how they had confirmed the room for the press conference of a drama that Mrs. Yoon wanted to see. And Jeonghan stayed there expressionlessly, but Seungcheol could see his tense shoulders, just like every time he was next to his father.

And Seungcheol felt like the worst person in the world listening to his fiancé’s father talking and with his fiancé there, but all he could think about was Jihoon’s expression looking as he had been slapped awake.

“I need to go…I need to check something about….work…” Seungcheol said interrupting Mr. Yoon and looked around trying to find Hoseok.

If looking for Jihoon could turn the party into a mess, at least he needed someone to talk about his internal crisis.

He didn’t care that Jeonghan called him back or that he ignored one of the guests that greeted him. He needed to let everything out of his chest.

He wanted someone to tell him that this was a mistake. That no matter how excited he was to see Jihoon, he wouldn’t feel bad if this wasn’t a mistake. That he wouldn’t be acting like crazy if this wasn’t wrong.

He had let Jihoon affect him more than he should for a person he barely knew and whatever it was he had felt for the other in Busan must be forgotten and things would return to normal.

So he could work as always, concentrate as always, be with Jeonghan as always. No matter how much a simple encounter with Jihoon had lighten up his life, Jihoon had seemed so betrayed after listening to Jeonghan’s words that Seungcheol just wanted to stop this mess once for all.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“Mr. Choi.” Jihoon repeated softly as soon as the other two left.

He knew Mingyu worked as a model for some of the Choi Company’s magazine issues and worked with fashion designers affiliated to the company, but today he had found out two new things from Mingyu’s friends conversation that he didn’t know were related to him at all.

Mr. Choi was the heir of Choi Company.

Mr. Choi was engaged to the heir of Yoon Hotels, Yoon Jeonghan.

And he had witnessed one last piece of information that made him rethink everything that had happened that day at the beach.

Mr. Choi was Seungcheol.

Seungcheol.

The same guy that had seemed so free while dancing and laughing with him. The same guy that had caressed his hands softly and had kissed him hard.

But Jihoon felt like he was seeing him for the first time. Like he wasn’t looking at Seungcheol, but at Mr. Choi.

With a shaky laugh he grabbed his phone and called Soonyoung.

He couldn’t hide it anymore and he knew he could only trust Soonyoung with this new information, these new feelings.

He could feel his hands trembling as he waited for the other to answer.

What was he supposed to say?

Hey Soonyoung, remember Seungcheol? We met again and kissed. And I haven’t been able to stop thinking about him. I even wrote songs about him. But guess what? He is the ing heir of Choi Company. Yes, the company Mingyu works with. And he is ing engaged.

Jihoon didn’t understand why he felt his eyes watering.

He had admitted in Busan that he didn’t know a thing about Seungcheol and that was fine. He had accepted the fact that maybe the other was in a relationship or even had kids. He shouldn’t be feeling this shocked, this betrayed.

“Jihoon, what’s wrong?”  Jihoon heard Soonyoung’s worried voice over of the phone.

“Come pick me up Soonyoung, I need to get out of here.”

He gave the other the name of the hotel and stayed in the balcony begging the sky Mingyu wouldn’t appear looking for him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jeonghan couldn’t understand what had just happened. His father had a frown on his face and looked at him like scolding him for Seungcheol’s actions, but Jeonghan was just confused.

After returning from Jeju, he had been so busy with the preparations for the opening party that he was really tired and if he returned to their shared apartment they would barely talk and go to sleep.

He wasn’t oblivious, he had noticed Seungcheol wasn’t the same as always, but he tried to think it was because the other had been in Busan. He knew all about his mother’s sickness and how Seungcheol had been worried about staying with his grandmother, but he didn’t want to make Seungcheol think about that more than he already was. It was better if he was focused on the advertisement plan for the party and coordinating the special article in the magazine.

Jeonghan didn’t want to think of himself as a selfish person, but this was his great opportunity to show his father he could do it on his own. That he could coordinate everything with the business partners and the employees and he could make the investment in the new hotel even more profitable.

And he had considered that the other was also stressed, but he hadn’t expected Seungcheol to cut his fathers’ conversation and leave. Also Seungcheol kept hanging out with his friends instead of staying by his side to meet potential clients.  And also who was that guy that Jeonghan had never seen before?

So many things to ask, but Jeonghan didn’t have time to go after Seungcheol with his father pulling him around to greet the different group of investors at the party. He just wished that at the end of the night he could talk to Seungcheol calmly and settle whatever it was that was making the other act like crazy.

Because Seungcheol was still a bit of a revel among the heirs of their age, most of them had already taken top managerial roles or were about to be appointed as general managers, but Seungcheol was still a small department manager. Jeonghan’s father hated that fact, but Jeonghan couldn’t complain. If that was what Seungcheol wanted and if it kept him by Jeonghan’s side, he wouldn’t complain.

Jeonghan didn’t want to let go of what he had now, no matter what his father say or the pressure on both of them. He felt comfortable this way and if he had to keep covering Seungcheol’s job decision and keep postponing their marriage to keep this balance, he would do it.

He would not make the same stupid mistake he did when he was younger.