Chapter 16

Now that you are here

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing~ :D This chapter is only Seungcheol's POV. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seungcheol had mustered all his courage to invite Jihoon to the festival at the Han River. It was like an unspoken agreement that they would only meet for late dinner when nobody they knew could see them. But Seungcheol really wanted to do other things and hopefully the other wouldn’t run away from him because of that. Seeing Jihoon’s face under the festival lights and dancing with him was an image he couldn’t erase from their meeting in Busan.

But before he started worrying about the other’s answer to his message, he needed to talk to Jeonghan. Their romantic relationship was practically inexistent at this point, but he didn’t want to hurt the other if rumors started spreading. He suspected Jeonghan knew about why he was rejecting his dinner invitations, but he wanted to make things clear and finish their relationship; he had let the other ignore him for too long.

As meeting with Jeonghan had turned even harder than meeting the president, he had scheduled an appointment during working hours. But when he entered the meeting room he saw Seokmin, Jeonghan’s assistant, waiting for him with his usual smile.

“Manager Yoon apologizes for his absence, but he had a last minute meeting with the investors. But I have all the information needed for the new event if you want to discuss it.”

Seungcheol sighed, but stayed. After all, apart from searching for more information about Jeonghan’s whereabouts, the details for the next event at the hotel needed to be discussed.

Jeonghan had been staying at his parent’s house according to the last information he could find from Seokmin and if things didn’t change, Mrs. Yoon was surely going to book the grand salon for their wedding in the next few months.

“Seokmin-ssi, please schedule a meeting with Jeonghan in any free time he has in his schedule. I really need to discuss something important with him.”

The other nodded and started checking said schedule.

“Mr. Choi, I will send you the meeting times and you can confirm them.”

Seungcheol agreed and left the room after they finished discussing the event, excited to find if Jihoon had answered the message.

But he hadn’t, and instead he had many messages from Wonwoo asking him to return to the office because they had a problem with one of the clients. Seungcheol frowned and practically ran to his car. But that was only the beginning of a tortuous day.

He had to solve the problem and he had to reschedule his meetings in order to talk directly with the client. And when he thought things were finally doing well, other problems appeared while the deadline for the new projects seemed to be just around the corner.

So when he finally arrived to his apartment feeling faint, he just wanted to sleep. But then his phone rang and when he checked the message, a radiant smile appeared on his face making him feel like he could run to Jihoon’s studio just to hug him.

It was a simple “OK”, but for Seungcheol it meant Jihoon was also considering seeing him in another context. And now more than ever, he wanted to be able to talk to Jeonghan so he could see Jihoon without worrying about his engagement. But with the luck he had, Seokmin had suddenly changed the meeting options for the next week instead of the current one, and when Saturday arrived, he decided to focus on Jihoon.

The other had told him to meet him by the subway station instead of picking him up from his apartment and Seungcheol had accepted. But he was getting more and more nervous as time passed and Jihoon was nowhere to be seen, but his heart almost stopped when he finally saw the other in his jeans and usual hoodie, but his hair was black. And he had to put his hands inside his jacket pockets because he just wanted to hug the other and caress his soft hair.

“Your hair is black now.” He said feeling excited just to see the other.

“Yeah…” Jihoon said not looking at him in the eye and that shy attitude was too much for Seungcheol, so he couldn’t help himself and caressed the other’s hair.

“It looks really nice.” He said softly feeling elated that Jihoon hadn’t moved or removed his hand.

“Let’s go eat something. The recording schedule got messed up and we had to finish today without lunch.” The other said frowning.

Seungcheol nodded and wondered if holding the other’s hand would be too much, but Jihoon was already walking towards the festival area.

The park was full of people, groups of friends, families and couples and that image made Seungcheol realized that they could be seen by all of them. Any worker of Choi Company or Yoon Hotels or Jihoon’s coworkers could see them together. And that realization made Seungcheol stop in his step.

“Seungcheol?” Jihoon had stopped and turned around realizing the other wasn’t following him.

“I…I…” He didn’t want to express his thoughts because surely Jihoon would leave if he realized what was happening.

But Jihoon just seemed confused and without saying a word he walked back until he was in front of him.

“Let’s go.” He said suddenly grabbing Seungcheol by the wrist and pulling him towards the food booths.

And with that simple skin contact all his hesitation disappeared, and with a smile on his face he followed the other, ready to have a great night.

Jihoon bought almost every food he saw, but didn’t accept the boat ride, so they end up sitting at the riverbank watching the sunset. After talking a bit about the food, the festival and Chan, Jihoon started rambling about his stressful week while he kept eating and Seungcheol stopped trying to look anywhere else than Jihoon.

He wished he could have ended things with Jeonghan before so he could tell the other that he was single. That he was there with honest feelings waiting for him. That he was sure Kim Mingyu would move to Europe to keep working and that Seungcheol’s life would be a misery if Jihoon decided to leave with the other. But until he fixed his own life, he couldn’t ask anything more from the other.

“I like the music they are playing.”  Jihoon said, looking at the band on the stage that had attracted many people.

Seungcheol refocused on what was happening at the moment, and if he had managed to make Jihoon come to the festival with him, he wanted to believe he could make the other dance with him.

“Do you want to dance?” He asked with his eyes full of hope.

Jihoon looked back at him in silence for a long time and Seungcheol started feeling nervous. In Jihoon’s eyes he could see more than his own reflection. There were so many things the other was thinking but wasn’t saying.

 “Just one song and then I’ll leave.”

Jihoon had spoken with such soft voice Seungcheol wasn’t sure if he had heard correctly.

“Jihoon, what-.”  But the other was already standing up with his back facing the older.

Seungcheol wasn’t sure what to think. Jihoon had never been so easy to persuade, but he had accepted to come with him to the festival without questions, had grabbed his wrist and had accepted to dance; but at the same time it felt like his mind was far away.

“I like this song.” Jihoon said close to his ear, his hand on Seungcheol’s shoulder so the other was leaning a bit downwards.

They were now surrounded by many people that were dancing and Seungcheol felt a bit dizzy.

Jihoon was showing his beautiful smile and the lights made him glow in an ethereal image that Seungcheol was sure would treasure till the end.

 They started swaying to the music and Jihoon followed every chant requested by the main vocalist and he seemed to be having the time of his life. He was the embodiment of happiness and Seungcheol decided to just follow his heart.

With his eyes closed he felt everything, the cheers of the crowd, the band playing, the smooth skin of Jihoon’s cheek and the softness of the other’s lips.