Chapter 11

Now that you are here

Seungcheol head was killing him. And after listening to his father scolding him through the phone for ignoring his previous calls and because of his rude behavior at the party, Seungcheol just wanted to sleep till the next year.

“I had to tell Jeonghan you were here. He was calling you all night.” Hoseok appeared with two cups of coffee in his hands.

Seungcheol thanked him and proceed to drink the beverage with his eyes closed. He wondered how long he could prolong his stay without Hoseok kicking him out.

“You know you have to return to Jeonghan, that’s the right decision.”

Seungcheol sighed. After his father’s company started doing business with the Yoons, it seemed that Jeonghan was always the right decision. But when he returned to his apartment, half scared of Jeonghan’s anger, he found a sleepy Jeonghan watching a movie in the living room.

The other turned to look at him when he opened the front door and gave him a small smile.

“I guess the stress make us act crazy.” He said standing up and grabbing Seungcheol’s hand to pull him to the sofa.

Seungcheol blinked. He didn’t know what he was expecting the other to say, but it was definitely not this. 

“Aren’t you mad?” He asked confused.

“Are you going to stay with me?” Jeonghan asked and Seungcheol almost choked.

“What?”

“My father made an entire drama about you leaving the party, but I don’t care.” He said looking down at their connected hands.

“But I do care. I’m sorry. I…”

“Whatever it is I’ll cover it up, you know that.”

Seungcheol sighed.

“I need you here with me. I will be appointed as general manager as soon as the new hotel reaches the break-even point. We need to have a strong image.” Jeonghan said breathing heavily and Seungcheol could feel how his hands were shaking.

So he just sighed again and didn’t say a word. But on the inside, he scolded himself for acting crazy because of Jihoon, when he was well aware that Jeonghan was under a lot of pressure and needed his support.

So he gave his fiancé a hug and Jeonghan returned it with a long sigh.

“Maybe you should take some vacations before you start your new job?”

He knew Jeonghan loved to travel; they had been in so many places as soon as they graduated from university. But after they started working, they had only traveled because of work. And it had been a while since they had been in a date or hung out with friends in a non-work related way. Maybe that was the reason meeting another person seemed so interesting, maybe-

“I’m too busy for that Seungcheol. My father-” Jeonghan started.

“Stop. Don’t start your sentence with ‘my father says’…Aren’t you tired?” Seungcheol could hear the exasperation in his voice.

He had never complaint about the other’s working schedule and tried to be understanding about how different their upbringing was and the pressure on Jeonghan’s side, but he was tired of listening Jeonghan talk about his father’s words as if it was the law. This was one of the things that always created tension between them.

He could see Jeonghan’s shocked expression, but then his face turned into a serious one and with a stern voice he said something that left Seungcheol speechless.

“Since I was a kid my father prepared this plan for me and I never had a chance to choose.  I worked my entire life for this, everything I did was to be worthy of this position. And I’m tired; I have been so tired I wanted to die. I broke my heart by giving up so many things because I was afraid of ruining this plan, but I have learnt to get away with some of my own choices. And now I have found a balance and I’m so close to the goal. That place will give me the privilege to create my own plan, but until then….” Jeonghan bit his lower lip as tears pooled in his eyes.

Seungcheol could only look at the other in shock. His own father was always meddling in his life and wanted him to accept a higher position in the company, but Seungcheol never felt like he couldn’t choose. Jeonghan had told him about the pressure of being the heir of Yoon Hotels, but the other had never been so blunt about it, always keeping the deep thoughts to himself. And Seungcheol felt the need to protect and support Jeonghan more than ever before.

But on the hand, other thoughts were flooding his mind. He knew he wasn’t Mr. Yoon’s first or even last choice to be Jeonghan’s husband, but somehow Jeonghan had managed to get them engaged. And Seungcheol didn’t want to think about Jeonghan sticking with him just to prove a point or to go against his father’s options for a suitor.

“Let’s go to sleep Seungcheol. Tomorrow we have the meeting to see the results for the opening party project.” Jeonghan said giving him a small smile, no more tears in his eyes.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In the following week after the party, Mingyu had canceled many appointments and had tried to spend a lot of time with Jihoon. And since they had already finished the process for the collaboration song and the artists were focused on the performance, Jihoon tried to free his schedule too.

They never talked about what happened after the party, but Jihoon could feel Mingyu’s gaze on him every time he turned around. They had spent great moments eating out and going to the movies and such, but it felt like there was a delicate curtain between them. He knew Mingyu didn’t know about what happened, but the other didn’t ask and Jihoon didn’t dare to tell.

“Maybe we should return to Japan.” Mingyu said lying on the bed next to Jihoon, his gaze fixed in the ceiling.

 Jihoon could only stare at the other in shock.

“I know you have been here just for a short time, but....” Mingyu said, his face showing sorrow.

“Do you think we were happier in Japan?” Jihoon felt guilty for asking that question.

“I think you were…” Mingyu said turning to look at him and caressing his face.

Jihoon could feel his eyes moistening. “I’m sorry.”

He suddenly felt Mingyu’s arms around him.

“No, I’m sorry. It’s just….I wanted to spend this week with you because I’ll have some projects in Europe for a month.”

Jihoon could only sigh. He couldn’t blame the other for working; he loved his work as much as Jihoon enjoyed staying in the studio creating music.

“I’m going to miss you.” The taller said giving him a kiss on the cheek and Jihoon finally let his tears flow.

His heart was in pain because he didn’t want to hurt Mingyu, but after the last week with the other, he had noticed how holding his hand or kissing him wasn’t the same as when they were in Japan. And yet, he felt like he needed Mingyu here to anchor him; because after being pestered by Soonyoung, Jihoon had finally managed to ignore everything related to Seungcheol. And maybe he could finally start rebuilding his relationship with Mingyu.

But after a long silence, in which Mingyu tried to wipe his tears away, Jihoon said with a determined voice.

“I’ll make a song for you.”

And he could see how Mingyu’s face lit up after listening to his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading~! In this chapter I wanted to show a bit of the dynamics of both couples.