Chapter 10

Now that you are here

Thank you for subscribing and commenting~ :D In the last part of the chapter I added Mingyu's POV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seungcheol took another shot nodding his head slowly with every sentence Hoseok said.

His entire speech was full of ‘are you crazy?’, ‘Jeonghan is going to kill you’, ‘I need another drink to understand this’.

But what really resonated in Seungcheol was ‘do you even know him?’

That was the exact reason Seungcheol didn’t understand why meeting Jihoon again affected him that much. He never believed in love at first sight, and he knew this wasn’t love, but there was this intense attraction he felt for the other that didn’t let him think straight.

As soon as he found Hoseok, he pulled him out of the party and they ended up drinking in his friend’s apartment. He could see how Hoseok face transformed from a teasing expression to a confused one to an exasperated one.

“Seungcheol, you need to stop this. How do you even know he didn’t look out for you on purpose? If he is close to the models we would have heard about him before. Do some research about him for your own safety; I don’t believe this is a coincidence.”

“Hoseok…” Seungcheol said with a tired expression. “Have you listened to what I said? He was really shocked when Jeonghan called me Mr. Choi, we never said our last names. I’m sure he wasn’t expecting me to be the heir of Choi Company.”

Seungcheol had once told his friends about how he got his first kiss stolen by Jihoon, but for Hoseok to believe that Jihoon would search for him only for convenience was something he couldn’t accept.

“Anyway, you need to stop this. You said that he could be dating a model and you are engaged to Jeonghan. This would be a complete mess if somebody else find out, Mr. Yoon would hunt you down.”

“I know…” Seungcheol said burying his face in the back of the sofa.

“Then what’s the problem?” Hoseok said sitting beside Seungcheol.

“I-….I want to see him again.” Seungcheol responded turning to look at his friend and Hoseok frowned.

“Seungcheol, I won’t agree with you cheating on Jeonghan, but if you need to do it with that guy for this to end then just go and finish this.”

“It’s not like that Hoseok! When we were at the beach we talked about the most random things. Our favorite ice cream flavor, our favorite colors and songs. We talked about the beach, the weather and took pictures. We talked about our first encounter in the festival….I almost told him about my mother. I felt that comfortable with him… And I kissed him, I wanted to kiss him. But I did it because I wanted to take a part of him with me and I wanted him to keep a part of me. I wanted to close our teenage story and he really looked like an angel. I didn’t think we would meet again like this.”

“So you want to be with him?”

“I don’t know…..” Seungcheol said burying his face in the back of the sofa again.

“This is so mess up.” Hoseok said taking another shot.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jihoon couldn’t remember the last time he drank like this, but after listening to Soonyoung’s speech he needed to drink.

‘Can’t believe you hid this from me!’, ‘are you crazy?’, ‘are you going to break up with Mingyu?’

“I don’t know….” That was all Jihoon could answer to those questions. 

“You do understand he is engaged, right? To another heir…”

Jihoon nodded and put his face against the table.

“Are you going to destroy your relationship of years with Mingyu just for an escapade with an heir?”

Jihoon didn’t know what to answer to that. Was that what he was for Seungcheol? Just an escapade?

But it had felt so real back in Busan. Like the other was really interested in him. Even when they didn’t share much personal information it still felt intimate.

“I wrote songs about him…” He said softly when he felt Soonyoung petting his hair.

“Then leave him like that, as a distant muse. You don’t want to hurt Mingyu, right?”

Jihoon sat down straight again and shook his head. He would never want to hurt Mingyu. He had been there for him all these years and he had a special place in Jihoon’s heart.

“Is this the end of this then? You are not going to search for him, right?” Soonyoung said putting his hands on top of Jihoon’s shoulders.

“What if I see him again?” Jihoon said softly “It could happen…”

“Then you ran away! His fiancé is going to hunt you down if he knows.”

“I just want to talk to him.”

Jihoon really wanted to talk to Seungcheol again. It would be like meeting him for the first time. He felt like he knew half of the person he was and his mind had created a fantasy for the rest. But if he got to finally meet the real person Choi Seungcheol- heir of Choi Company was, he could finally let go of this dream-like encounter at the beach.

####################################################################################################################################

Mingyu kept calling, but Jihoon never answered. The last time he saw him was when told him he was going out for some air, and then he disappeared for the rest of the night. He asked some of his friends at the party about his boyfriend’s whereabouts, but just one of them told him he saw Jihoon with Mr. Choi and the heir of Yoon Hotels. Mingyu wondered what the two heirs would want to talk about with Jihoon. He was a famous producer, but not many people knew his face outside of the music world.

He decided to return to their apartment trying not to worry so much about Jihoon, because he knew parties weren’t his forte. But when he didn’t find him there he started to worry for real. He decided to call the other again, when he received a message from Soonyoung saying he was with Jihoon and Mingyu should come and pick him up. Mingyu had learnt to accept the close relationship Jihoon had with Soonyoung, but it did bother him that the other hadn’t told him about leaving the party and going to drink with his friend.

“Jihoon?” Mingyu said softly trying to wake up the other so it would be easier to carry him to the car.

The other opened his eyes a bit and when he noticed him, he hugged him with such strength Mingyu almost fell on top of him.

Soonyoung gave him a worried look before telling him to keep an eye on Jihoon.

Mingyu nodded and left the apartment with a clingy Jihoon in his arms.

He had noted Jihoon weird behavior since he arrived to Seoul. At first Mingyu had taken it as getting used to the city and work, as he was too busy to stay for long with Jihoon. But then he started thinking if what made Jihoon uncomfortable was his presence. In all honesty, Mingyu thought Jihoon would break up with him when he decided to move back to Korea.

He knew their relationship had suffered the consequences of one year of being separated, but maybe things went beyond that. They had been so busy during their last months in Japan together that he wondered if what they were doing as a couple was just a habit.

“I miss you.” He said softly, kissing Jihoon’s head after putting him in the passenger’s seat.