Chapter 17

Now that you are here

Thank you, thank you so much for the bunch of comments in the last chapter. They made me so happy :D :D :D

This chapter is just Jihoon's POV, so I hope you enjoy~! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What happened was definitely not what Jihoon was expecting. Seungcheol’s kiss was just as he remembered and he panicked after he realized he wanted more. But when the kiss ended and Seungcheol showed his beautiful smile Jihoon couldn’t help but smile back.

And in that moment he decided not to care if he was making a mistake, he wanted to enjoy the moment. It didn’t matter anymore if Seungcheol was engaged to someone else or if he was in a relationship. He felt crazy with excitement with the music like magic spell over both of them, and the only thing he could see at the moment was Seungcheol. He felt intoxicated because this was something that he had never felt before, and even if it was scary, he decided to enjoy it.

So he decided to forget his ‘one song’ idea and just kept dancing with the other. It was a new feeling to just enjoy without worrying about the future and just to feel without needing an explanation. And with Seungcheol’s hands on his waist and his on the other’s neck and hair, his only wish was for the other to feel the same way as he was feeling. And in his mind and heart many more songs started developing.

When he had arrived to the subway station and Seungcheol had seemed so happy to see him and had caressed his hair, Jihoon was still hesitating if he should stay. But he was really hungry, so he guessed it was better to enjoy the food; after all, it would be just like going out with Soonyoung. But as they kept talking he realized things would never be that simple with Seungcheol, and being the center of the other’s attention made him flustered.

But when they stood near the stage surrounded by the dancing crowd, Jihoon decided that it was in his hands to make this outing awkward or enjoyable, so he focused on enjoying the music. What he wasn’t expecting was to suddenly feel Seungcheol’s hand on his face and then his lips.

“Jihoon?” He could feel Seungcheol caressing his waist returning him to reality. “The band is leaving; do you want to go eat something?”

Jihoon checked the time and it was 11pm, they usually met from that hour onwards, but this time Jihoon knew that if he stayed with the other things would escalate more than just a kiss, if Seungcheol’s lips on his neck were any indication.

“I need to return home… I have to…mmm…finish some songs.” He took a step back and bit his lip knowing that the other had noticed his excuse.

Because as much as he had enjoyed the festival with the other, with the music gone, all the complicated thoughts started appearing again. And if he had read Mingyu’s last message right, the other was going to return in three days and Jihoon was desperate to talk to him. And even if Seungcheol avoided talking about it, the reality was that he was engaged and if Jihoon could turn crazy just because of a kiss he didn’t want to think what would happen if they took things further. And yet, he still accepted Seungcheol’s offer to drive him home.

During the ride he felt really nervous, he wanted to tell the other he was thinking of breaking up with Mingyu, but not because of him, but because he had realized he was no longer in love with Mingyu. And because he didn’t want the other to think he was going to start a hidden relationship after his marriage, he wanted to give a closure to all of this.

He turned to look at the other, but Seungcheol seemed to be in deep thought too, so he stayed quiet enjoying the light rain that had started falling.

“Jihoon, we are here.” He felt the other caressing his hand and he blinked.

He hadn’t realized he had fallen asleep, but he was grateful that he had avoided the awkward ride.

“See you tomorrow?” Seungcheol asked with his eyes full of hope, but Jihoon had already decided he would wait for Mingyu before he met Seungcheol again. If he was going to be honest about his feelings, he needed to talk to Mingyu first and then discuss with Seungcheol about his situation.

“I’ll be busy; I’ll let you know when we can meet.” He said rapidly turning his face away from Seungcheol.

He heard the other sigh before he felt it.

With a kiss to his cheek Seungcheol said. “Goodnight Jihoon.”

And before he could make a bigger mistake Jihoon got out of the car and waved goodbye before entering his apartment building.

He let out a big sigh when he finally entered his apartment and saw his reflection in the mirror. It had been a conscious decision to dye his hair black again. His hair was black when he met Seungcheol for the first time when he was a teenager and his hair was black when he first met Mingyu back at the university. He wanted to believe dyeing it black again would allow him a new beginning.

And as he kept staring at his reflection in the mirror he touched his cheek where Seungcheol had just kissed him. Then his lips where the other had kissed him before and finally his hand that other had caressed softly. And before he noticed, he was sitting inside his home music studio, headphones on his ears and papers full of lyrics. He felt the same euphoria as when he was dancing with Seungcheol, his kisses and his smile and the possibility of something more between them.

And he didn’t stop until he poured all of his feelings on songs without caring about the time; and when he finally checked it was already 5 am and he hadn’t eaten anything or slept a bit. So he walked to the kitchen feeling like a zombie, ready to make some ramen and then finally going to sleep.

When he woke up it was already afternoon and without caring about his phone, he started watching a movie in the TV while he ate more ramen and then went to sleep. He felt like he needed to sleep more if he was going to work the next day.

And he was grateful his phone hadn’t died in the middle of the night and his alarm still rang, but because he stayed in bed longer than needed, he had to run if he didn’t want to be late to his meeting with Bumzu to confirm the songs for Seungkwan’s new album.

But as he was about to leave, he realized he didn’t know where his wallet was and he started looking for it fanatically. He searched in his room, the kitchen, the living room and finally in his home music studio, only to find it there below a few of his music papers. He grabbed the wallet, but before he turned to leave, he read a few of the lyrics. Those were his real feelings, the ones he had felt deeply in his soul after he departed from Seungcheol. And for a moment he thought of bringing one of them to the meeting, but then he realized that he couldn’t. Just like the first song he wrote about the other, if anyone was going to read those lyrics or hear those songs it would be Seungcheol.

So he just left the studio leaving the door open, and ran out of the apartment when his poorly charged phone started ringing with a call from Bumzu. And even when he was late to the meeting, he was able to confirm the track list for the album to the executives and managers and spent the rest of his day checking other half composed songs with other producers.

He got so busy that he was planning to sleep as soon as he arrived to his apartment, but as soon as he opened the front door, he noticed the shoes and the luggage in the living room. Mingyu was back.