Princes of Korea

Beauties of Nations

Chapter 8

Princes of Korea

Korea:

Stepping out of his door, the First Prince of Korea take in a deep breath. His steps slow as he breath in the scent of spring. A smile spread on his face as the sunshine warms his body. He made his way towards his younger brother’s living quarters, flirting with the maids as they greet him along the way. A wink here, an air kiss there. He’s satisfy with how much he can make them swoon over him. He always enjoy spring because it brings with it a kind of warmth and cheerfulness to this cold palace. Talking about cold, there’s no place colder in Korea than his younger brother’s living quarters.

He steps through the main door and made his way across the courtyard to the main room. As soon as he push the door open, something flew at him. He quickly dodge to the side as the object flew past him and crashed on the floor loudly behind him. He looked to identify the assault weapon that was thrown at him. He shakes his head as he recognized the poor beautiful ceramic teapot that was gifted to the royals by the western merchants last month.

“Sehunnie, don’t you know assaulting your sibling is a capital crime?” He said as he made his way into the room.

The younger one glared at him “Don’t call me that.”

“Sure, Hunnie. Did you rolled off the wrong side of bed again this morning?” He asked again teasingly but Sehun didn’t reply. He look to where his brother was glaring daggers at and saw the poor maid kneeling on the floor. She bow with her head all the way to the floor, visibly shaking in fear. “What happened?” he questioned the maid.

“I’m so sorry...I...I...accidentally po...pour the hot tea on the Crown Prince’s hand a...and documents” Her voice tremble and drown with tears as she speak.

He let out a sigh. He can understand why she’s so scared because harming royalties are heavy punishable crimes no matter how small the injury is. What’s worse is that the cause of it is probably from her gazing at Sehun and lost in her own fantasy world. Unfortunately for the maid, that is two of the many things Sehun hates the most - being stare at in that way and people not focusing on their jobs.

“Sehun…” He spoke up, planning to help the poor maid but one glare from Sehun and he knew there was no saving her. So he just look sadly at the maid as she was being drag out by two guards.

Once the noisy crying maid is out of earshot, Sehun shook the water off the papers in his hand again before sitting back down in his chair. “What do you want Jongin?”

The First Prince of Korea dip his fingers in the spilled water on the table and flick it at Sehun’s face, “That’s Jongin hyung for you, brat.”

Sehun tsk at his older brother, super annoyed. Even though he’s the Crown Prince and everyone fear and respect him but Sehun doesn’t understand why he can’t get Jongin to stop being as annoying and irritating as he is. In the entire kingdom, aside from the King and Queen, Jongin is probably the only one that dare to talk to Sehun that way. Killing your sibling is a capital crime...Sehun keeps having to remind himself that.

Sehun just ignores Jongin and resume reading his documents. Jongin reach over and yank the document from Sehun’s hands. He look to see what the younger one was reading then tossed it back on the table. It was just some boring soldiers training reports. “I heard that Father has summoned Chan and Baek.”

“So?” Sehun said, picking up the reports.

“Aren’t you at least a bit curious? Think about it, since when do the both of them get summoned together for any task?”

“They could have been summoned together for different tasks.”

“Not likely, you know he always summoned them separately. He’s aware of their hatred for each other.” Jongin said as he boredly flicks water at the back of the report Sehun is holding.

Frustrated, Sehun slam the papers on the table “I swear to god Kim Jongin, if you don’t stop I will ki”

“Hyung” Jongin interrupted him.

Sehun scowl at Jongin. He knows what his annoying brother want and he was not willing to give in. But Sehun also knows his patience aren’t as good as Jongin, so he was not going to win this battle. He does not plan to be annoyed by Jongin any longer.

“Jongin hyung, can you please get the f out of my place?” he said with gritted teeth.

Satisfied, the First Prince smiles “Language Sehunnie, watch your language.” He couldn’t help but laugh out loud when Sehun gave him a death glare.

---

Baekhuyn was on his way to the Crown Prince’s living quarters when he came across a crying maid being drag by two guards. He puts up his hand to stop the guards. He asked them what happened and after they finished retelling what happened, Baekhuyn shook his head. He told them to not kill her but kick her out of the palace instead. The guards wasn’t sure at first but after Baekhuyn said that he’ll take responsibility they agreed to do as he told them to. The maid had bowed down to him repeatedly and thanked him for saving her life before being escorted away by the guards. Baekhuyn looks at her disappearing back and feel sorry for her. The poor girl probably didn’t know that she’ll be facing a tough life once she’s out of the palace. People will pick on her and no one will hire her once they learned she was a maid that failed the royals and was kicked out. Baekhuyn thought that it should still be better than death that’s why he saved her. He turns around and continues on his way to Sehun’s place.

He wasn’t surprised to see Prince Jongin exiting from the Crown Prince’s main door. Annoying his brother is the First Prince’s daily dose of joy. Baekhuyn steps aside and bow to him as he walk by. “Baek, come see me later” Jongin said before disappearing around a corner.

Baekhuyn can guess what Jongin wanted to see him about. It’s most likely has to do with the King’s summoned this morning.

He make his way through to the Crown Prince to discuss businesses of the day. Baekhuyn wonder if he should start coming by before Jongin’s visits to Sehun’s place daily. The irritated mood the Crown Prince is currently in isn’t helping with discussion about certain matters.

---

China:

Liufei was on her way back to her place from Yifan’s palace. Disappointed to learn that he was out taking care of business for the Emperor. That’s when she saw Changan, Luhan’s trusted eunuch, rushing Imperial Physician Shan towards Luhan’s palace. Worried, she quickly ran after them to the Second Prince’s palace.

As she step through the door of his room, she can see Luhan sitting in a chair with Yixing by his side helping him to take off the piece of cloth on his arm. Changan hovers worrily behind Luhan as Physician Shan opens up his box of medicine.

“What happened?” she asked.

Her sudden appearance surprised everyone in the room and they look towards her.

“Greetings Princess” Changan and Physician Shan said as they bow to her.

“Forget the greetings! Tell me what happened? Is it bad Physician Shan?”

“Xiao Fei calm down, it’s just a little scratch.” Luhan spoke up.

“You call that a little scratch? Did Royal Father sent you out on a dangerous mission?”

“It’s not your business to know” Luhan said with gritted teeth as Physician Shan tries to clear out the crushed plant on his wound.

“When will it ever be my business to know anything?!” Liufei yelled and ran out of the room.

“Feifei!” Yixing calls after her.

 


Author's Notes:

There they are! 3 more members from exoot12. I'm still missing a few XP