Devilish Child

Beauties of Nations

Chapter 30

Devilish Child

Junmyeon makes his way towards the crown prince's palace. When he was about to turn a corner, someone from the other side of the corner turn and bump into him. Junmyeon was pushed back a couple of steps since the other person was a much larger-built guy.

"Are you not going to apologize? Attempting to harm a third rank General is a crime!"

Junmyeon dust off his clothes then look up to the taller guy and said, "Sir, it is you who bump into me. Why must I apologize for your action?"

The general narrows his eyes angrily at Junmyeon, "Who are you? What business do you have in this part of the palace? Answer me!"

It has been quite some time since someone speak to Junmyeon this way. He isn't angry though; it simply amuses him. Everyone that knows Junmyeon knows that he doesn't get angry at anything. Nothing is good enough to rile up such an emotion from him.

"I am Junmyeon. I have important reports for the Crown Prince."

The general snicker at his reply, "Why would anyone send such a nobody to meet and report to the Crown Prince?" He looks Junmyeon up and down then smile meaningfully. Although he is a third rank general, but even to this day he still hasn’t had a chance to meet with the crown prince. This would be the perfect chance for him to meet with the crown prince in person. Also, if the news in the report is good, he can get rewarded for it. "Tell you what. I'll let this matter go and not punish you for it. But this isn't a place for you to be so you need to leave here right now. Tell me the important reports and I will relay it to the Crown Prince."

Junmyeon smile at the guy, "That I cannot do. Please excuse me, I think we've both wasted enough time." He takes a step forward, planning to walk around the general. However, this guy wasn't planning to let him go.

The general reaches out and pushes Junmyeon back, "Do you not understand what my rank is? I can have you punish for your insolence against someone of my status. You will do as I tell you or be punish!"

"Although I do not have a rank but I do not see any reason why I should fear you. Good Sir, please be understanding and let me through."

The general was done with Junmyeon. He raises his fist, ready to strike down the shorter man.

"Stop!"

The general stop midway and look towards the voice. He sees the crown prince's head general walking towards them. "General Akagi," he immediately greeted Jongdae.

"What's going on here?" Jongdae asks.

Junmyeon look towards him and smile, "You sure have good timing Jongdae."

Jongdae let out a sigh then pushes the third rank general out of Junmyeon's path. "The Crown Prince is looking for you. Hurry to him," he said to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon nodded then left.

The third rank general was busy thinking who Junmyeon is to dare call the first rank general by his name so casually. He didn't see Jongdae's fist flying towards his head.

"Hiroki, do you have a death wish?! Why would you pick trouble with him?" Jongdae asks.

Hiroki rubs the spot that Jongdae just hit, "I'm sorry General Akagi. But who might he be?"

"He's a dangerous guy. Don't mess with him in the future or you'll get yourself kill."

"Dangerous? He looks so weak though…"

"Don’t judge people by their appearance. Your sword and brute force aren’t the only thing that can kill in this world. Since you were just promoted to third rank and placed under my wing. Don't go causing trouble for me. If you get yourself kill because of some stupid reason like trying to assert your power over someone who seem weaker, I will not bother explaining it to your father."

"I understand…but earlier, he mentioned that he didn't have a rank?"

Jongdae shook his head at the newbie, "Do your best to remember that the people around the Crown Prince are all people you should not mess with. Especially Junmyeon. Since you're new so you don't know, but everyone in this area of the palace knows him. He's the Crown Prince's personal Advisor. He might look weak but he can have your whole family massacre with just a few words." Jongdae pats Jaeseok's shoulder, "You need to learn to just observe, listen and not speak. Working under the Crown Prince isn't the same as working under the King. Status ranking don't mean as much in the Crown Prince's or his people's eyes as it does in the King's and the other nobles' eyes."

Hiroki gulps, "…if… if the status ranking system that shapes our nation's governing network doesn't matter… then what does?"

Jongdae made an unreadable expression then said, "Usefulness."

---

Junmyeon steps through the door of Kyungsoo's study room. The crown prince of Japan was t down his favorite bonsai tree. He looks up and smile at Junmyeon then go back to focus on his bonsai.

"You always seem to be in a good mood whenever you trim that bonsai," Junmyeon said as he makes his way over to Kyungsoo.

"Control. I can snip away unwanted growth," Kyungsoo trim away some more leaves then place his scissor down, "You seem to also be in a good mood."

Junmyeon picks up a basket and wipes all the trimmed leaves on the table into the basket, "I had a pleasant encounter."

Kyungsoo picks up his bonsai and places it back by the window, "With Jongdae? He was on his way out."

Junmyeon laugh lightly, "You make a good joke, my Prince. General Akagi would never think of an encounter with me as pleasant."

"But it's pleasant for you, isn't it?"

"Only you get it."

The two of them proceeded to the tea room and settle down in the seat cushions. Junmyeon began heating up the water and proceed through the tea ceremony *.

"Reports from Korea just came in," Junmyeon said as he handed the finished tea to Kyungsoo, "The Korean King had passed away."

Kyungsoo takes a sip of his tea, "Took him long enough. By assassination?"

Junmyeon nodded, "By his Concubine."

"She was a useful pawn. It was wise of you to have the Korean royal family's background investigated awhile ago."

"She probably never thought that her personal maid, who had been feeding ideas to her, was one of our spies." Junmyeon take a sip of his own tea then continue, "There was one unexpected factor though."

"Oh?"

"The execution of the Queen by the newly crowned King of Korea."

Kyungsoo's lip crack a satisfy smile, "I like this new and unexpected player. It will be interesting here on out."

Junmyeon shook his head at Kyungsoo's excitement, "I had thought that with the assassination of the King, the Concubine will be executed. The Queen will then be in power and the First Prince will be crowned King. However, things unexpectedly played out a little differently. I didn't take into account the Queen's love for her King, and the First Prince's foolishness to aid his younger brother by letting his own mother die."

"Don't sweat the details, Junmyeon. Our objective was simply the death of the Korean King. We can place the new King on our observation list."

Junmyeon smile, "You're right. With this, you've won the bet with the King. Congratulations."

Kyungsoo down the last of his tea, "Otosan probably didn't expect it to be this soon. Do you think he'll hand the throne over willingly now?"

"You've became quite humorous since the trip to China," Junmyeon takes the empty teacup from Kyungsoo, "Soon? The King never even expect you to succeed in having the Korean King killed. He probably doesn't even remember that little bet he made with you. To him, it's like handing a toy-shaped candy to a little innocent child to keep the child occupied."

Kyungsoo snicker, "So I am a little innocent child?"

"Do you think a little innocent child would be plotting for his own father's death?"

Kyungsoo thought for a bit, "No?"

"Is that a question?"

"You're not going to humor me?"

Junmyeon let out a sigh then stood up and headed towards the door. "You're a devilish child," he said without looking back at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo lean back on both his arms and look up towards the ceiling, "then you're serving a devil's child?" 

Junmyeon crack a smile before exiting the door, "I am."

---

It took several days for Ruyi's injuries to heal. Her mentality has also recovered slowly. At the least, she's no longer plagues by nightmares of the horrid experience a young girl like her was put through. When she was well enough, the Zhang sisters had invited her for a chat with their father. Ruyi was already thankful that the Zhang sisters saved her again, but when she heard the offer from them, she couldn't help but cry. Ruyi doesn't know how she'll ever repay the kindness of the Zhang family. She had immediately got on her knees and bow to them, vowing she'll commit her life to serving them and if her loyalty to them ever wavers, she'll kill herself before letting them dirty their own hands.

The Zhang sisters quickly help her get up. Meiyin said, "Don't say such crazy things. It's not like we're making you sell your soul to us."

Yueyin nodded and use her handkerchief to wipe away Ruyi's tears, "Just think of it as a live-in job. You can stay and work here for as long as you like. If there's ever a day when you wish to leave, all you need to do is let us know."

Ruyi nodded, still tearful but too grateful to be able to utter any coherent words. Weimin smile at the scene, happy that his daughters are so much like their chivalrous mother.

"Now that Ruyi agrees to stay. Madame Lin, please arrange a position and work in the residence for her," Weimin said as he looks towards her.

"Sir, I was thinking of having miss Ruyi become the young misses' personal maid. This has been a problem that has been weighing on my mind for awhile now. It is not proper for two young misses to share one personal maid. Although both of our young misses are low maintenance in most aspects compare to a normal noble young miss, but now that they're older things like social events and future marriages can't be avoided. Especially when marriages come around, it is tradition that the personal maid follows their young misses to the young misses' in-law house. We can't be expecting to have Xiaolan running back and forth between two houses or letting one of our young miss not have a personal maid that she can rely on," Madame Lin sigh, "I've thought of assigning several candidates in our residence to the two young miss but if it's someone who can't understand their personalities and behaviors then it won't work out. Luckily, Xiaolan grew up with them so she was able to handle being the personal maid for the both of them until now. Since I couldn't decide on a good candidate, I let the problem drags on. However, now that miss Ruyi joins us and it seems the four of them clicks well together, I think she'll be a good choice to help out Xiaolan."

Weimin thought about what Madame Lin said and nodded in agreement. He hadn't thought of these details because when he married his wife it wasn't through the same kind of traditional means. His wife was a wandering martial artist so their marriage had no involvement with her side of the family. In fact, he had never even met them or know where they're at. His wife had simply told him to think of her as an orphaned. She had looked sad every time he accidentally brought it up so he never mentioned her side of the family ever again. Madame Lin was his wife's personal maid, but she wasn't Yiling's maid that followed Yiling from Yiling's family. Madame Lin became Yiling's personal maid some time after her marriage with Weimin.

"I see what you're saying Madame Lin. Then let's have Ruyi become the girl's personal maid. She'll be given the same position and privilege as Xiaolan. As for which one she'll specifically serve, we'll leave it up to the four of them to decide it themselves," Weimin said.

The girls cheer excitedly. Madame Lin instructs Xiaolan to guide Ruyi as her senior. Madame Lin wanted to instruct other things but the four girls were too happy and excitedly to listen, so she gave up. Riding on the happy atmosphere, Meiyin ask if they can take Ruyi outside since she had been cooped up inside her room for several days. Looking at their expectant faces, Weimin couldn't say no so he waves them off.

---

The Zhang sisters, Xiaolan and Ruyi stroll slowly on the busy street as they browse the different stalls. Meiyin continuously offer to buy Ruyi many things but Ruyi continuously turn down the offer. Yueyin knows that Meiyin is still feeling guilty towards Ruyi and is trying to make it up to her in any way she can. She had informed her father of the details of the incident. They've both spoken with judge Wei to have him investigate this group of thugs. There has not been any progress yet but habits die hard, and Yueyin is sure that those thugs will act again since they think they can get away with it every time. She observes Meiyin and Ruyi for a bit then turn towards Xiaolan and smile kindly at her.

"Eldest young miss, if you look at me like that it makes me want to confess all my crimes," Xiaolan said as her lips also break into a smile. "I am not jealous of the special attention that Ruyi is having and I will never be even if it continues later on. I don't know the full story, but I can guess why the second young miss is acting that way. The first time we've met, I already thought of Ruyi as such an unfortunate girl. I have nothing but compassion for her. I wondered if your family hadn't picked me off the streets back then, would I have experience the same things Ruyi did. Would I have been lucky enough like she was to meet you both at the right time? I had thought of this as I was taking care of her last couple of days… but then I realized, there's no point in wondering such things. I am very lucky!" She beams at Yueyin, "Besides, it's not like you two will stop favoring me now that you have Ruyi right? You guys just have one more person to favor that's all. Also, she's not trained enough to help get you two out of trouble just yet. I will flaunt my pride in that aspect for a little longer!"

Yueyin laughs at Xiaolan and hug her lovingly, "Xiaolan, we grew up together. You're already like a younger sister to us. Don't ever forget that."

"Tao dage!" Yueyin and Xiaolan turn towards Meiyin upon hearing her shouting out. They saw her dragging Ruyi towards the equally surprised Tao. They went over to join them.

Tao was out buying alcohol for Master Wong when he heard his name over the noisy street. In all his life, this is the first time he has this many girls surrounding him. He doesn’t know what to do so he blanked out. "Uh…" was all he managed to utter.

Meiyin pouted seeing as he doesn't seem to recognized her or maybe he is trying to pretend he doesn't know her in public. She was about to get mad at him when her sister spoke up, "Meiyin, could it be this is the first time Zitao see you dressed like a girl?"

Meiyin look down at her clothes and gasp. Her hands quickly flew up to pull down her face veil, "Tao dage, it's me!"

"Xiaoyin…?" Tao mutter hesitantly since he doesn't seem to recognized his junior sister. The face is hers but the way she's dressed… if he hadn't known she was a girl he would have definitely believed that lie of hers about having a twin sister.

"How could you not have at least recognized my voice?" Meiyin inquired.

Ruyi patted her back reassuringly. "Perhaps the streets were too noisy," she waves at Tao, "It is nice to meet you again Zitao."

"It has been awhile since we last met. Thank you for always taking care of my sister," Yueyin greeted him.

Xiaolan also said her hellos, "This is our first time meeting, but I've heard much about you from the second young miss. It is nice to meet you young master Huang."

Tao wanted to greet them back as it's a polite thing to do, but having four girls staring at him is making it very difficult for him. Tao can't function under this kind of pressure.

Yueyin smile and said, "Xiaolan and Ruyi, can you help me with something? I want to buy a gift for Madame Lin but can't decide on what to buy. Let's go into that store over there." She had already figured out Tao's discomfort around females awhile ago after a couple meetings with him. She just kept it to herself and decided to stop visiting Meiyin during their practice as often as she used to. "Please send my greetings to Master Wong when you meet him," she bid Tao farewell then turn to Meiyin, "we'll be waiting for you in that store over there."

Meiyin nodded, understanding her sister's intention. Guess it's still too early for her Tao dage to see her dress this way and be surrounded by one too many girls. "Sorry Tao dage, I got excited seeing you so I didn't think about it…" she apologized.

"It's… it's ok," he answered stiffly.

Meiyin looks down at the alcohol jars that Tao was holding and pouted, "Is Sifu making you buy alcohol for him again? At this rate, the alcohol seller will start thinking that you're an alcohol addict at such a young age."

"Y… yeah…" Tao replied, a bit stunned with her beauty now that his attention is on only her.

 Meiyin eyes him suspiciously, "Don't you have to go to work at this time?"

Tao nodded.

Meiyin let out a sigh, "You can't keep on letting Sifu picks on you like this. He's just using you so he can continue to be the old hermit in that cottage of his. I haven't even seen him step foot outside of the forest since that time he went to pick up our swords."

"I… I know…" Tao stuttered.

Meiyin looks at Tao then decided that it's probably best to let him go now. "Let's meet up to train later today. I have to get back to help my sister now… I'll see you later Tao dage…" she trailed off.

Seeing her turn away sadly to leave, Tao felt a sense of loss and called out, "Xiao…Xiaoyin!"

She turns around and looks at him questioningly. He musters up all his courage to say, "You're… you… you look very nice today."

The both of them blushed bright red and ran off in opposite directions.

---

Tao got to Yixing's palace a little later than usual since he had to drop off alcohol for Master Wong. Both his mother and Master Wong knew about him getting a new well-paying job but didn't know that it was as a guard for a prince. Since he had to keep Yixing's identity a secret, he only implied to them that he's working as a guard for Yixing's family. His mother had asked if she can come to visit him during his work and thank Yixing's family personally for giving him such a good opportunity. However, Tao had to lied to his mother for the first time in his life and told her that Yixing's family is after all a rich noble family, not everyone of them is nice like Yixing so it's best not to bother them. Huang Xueyi had narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him but ended up letting it go since she didn't think he would lie to her.

There's a lot of guards, maids and eunuchs in the imperial palace and the place was so huge that it took Tao awhile to get used to it. He doesn't wander around after getting through one of the side gates though, and went straight towards Yixing's palace through the path that Yixing had shown him. He was very worried about all the rules and etiquettes that he saw other guards perform, but as Yixing had promised, Tao was exempt from it within Yixing's palace. With this many guards surrounding the ins and outs of the palace, Tao didn't see the point of Yixing having a personal guard. The third prince explained that each prince is to have their own personal guards to accompany them and ensuring their safety wherever they go, but since both Luhan and himself had thought that it wasn't necessary at first, neither of them had chosen one. Tao wondered if he hadn't stepped in to help them back then, would the two of them have come out of that assassination in one piece. Are these two prince idiots in disguise or are they always this reckless? Either way, it doesn't sound like Tao's job will always be easy.

Tao stepped through the main door of Yixing's palace and was about to head to Yixing's room when an eunuch run up to him and tell him that Yixing was waiting for him in the guests' quarters. Tao thanked the eunuch and followed him there. The eunuch showed him to a room and quickly left. Tao pushes the door open and stepped inside. As soon as he closes the door behind him, a rain of arrows shot out from several places at him. He immediately uses yueliang to dispel all of the arrows. If it had been someone else, they would have probably become a porcupine already but this is like child's play to Tao.

After dispelling the last of the arrows, Tao let out a sigh as he takes a look around the room. This wasn't the first time since working for Yixing that he has experience these kinds of situation. At first, it had only been silly and minor tricks like spilling hot water on him or pushing him roughly when they pass by. Tao knew that they were just oldies picking on the newbie, so he put up with it. He gets it that some of them were frustrated with him for getting special treatment so he never mentioned it to Yixing. However, it seems this time someone got serious and finally attempted for his life. Though since they weren't experts, this set up they had wasn't enough to even scratch Tao. He bent down to pick up one of the arrows and inspect it. He stares at the walls where the arrows were shot out from and wondered how long it had taken them to set this little surprise up for him.

Tao let out a sigh. He was thinking if he should report this to Yixing after all. Minor conflicts were fine but an attempt at someone's life was not. Someone else could have been seriously hurt or die by this. To think they even dared to act this openly, just how loosely managed is Yixing's palace?

Tao was still staring at the walls and lost in his thoughts when he heard someone call for him from outside the door. "Young master Huang? Are you in there? The Third Prince has been waiting for you, why are you in the guests' quarters?" Tao recognized this voice, it was Dahai, Yixing's personal eunuch.

Dahai was looking for Tao when an eunuch came over to tell him that he saw Tao going to the guests' quarters. Dahai hurried over since Yixing has been waiting for Tao for awhile now. He heard some noises from afar and guessed that Tao must be in that room. He questioned Tao as he pushes the door open.

Tao saw the glint of the arrow head as they were getting ready to be dislodge from the wall. "Sh*t!" was all he could yelled out as Dahai pushes the door open and activated the arrows trap. Tao wasn't worried for his own safety but rather Dahai's since he doesn't have the martial arts skill to dispel or dodge the arrows flying his way. Tao unsheathe yueliang and chop up as much of the arrows as possible but from where he's at, he cannot get to the arrows shooting out from the other side of the room.

Tao was about to flip over to block in front of Dahai when he sees Dahai being pull back and push outside of the line of fire. Tao's eyes widen when he saw who it was that saved and trade places with Dahai. Tao gritted his teeth and flip over as fast as he could and knock down the rest of the arrows before they could get any closer to that person. Tao was not going to let this little scheme cause him to lose his job so soon.

When the last of the arrows drop to the floor, Tao let out the breath he was holding. He silently thanked his sifu for all the grueling training he was given to increase his speed and reaction. He turns around to see Dahai panicking over his savior. Tao came over to them and asks, "Are you alright?"

Yixing nodded. This is the first time ever since meeting Yixing that he saw Yixing looking angry. Yixing asked him if he was alright and to tell him the details. Tao let out a sigh and told him how an eunuch led him to this room. Dahai also shared his own experience.

"It looks like this is an attempt to get rid of both myself and Dahai. The mechanism was set up so that it will be activated twice. Once, after I closed the door. Second, after I am presumably dead inside the room and Dahai come to open it," Tao explained and accompany Yixing into the room to inspect it. "They probably didn't expect for you to show up though," Tao commented.

"I am glad and relief that it wasn't an assassination attempt towards our Prince," Dahai said. Tao nodded his head slowly in agreement, but remembering how close the arrows got to hitting Yixing earlier, it might as well could have been counted as such an attempt.

"Tao…" Yixing call out as he turns to face Tao, "This wasn't the first time you were assaulted right?"

"Uhh…" Tao averted his eyes, "What makes you think that?"

"Your nonchalant way of explaining. It's like you've been through it but didn't expect for it to be so bad this time."

How sharp was all Tao could think before Yixing turn away and asked Dahai to gather everyone in the main courtyard. Once all the eunuchs, guards and maids in Yixing's palace were gathered, Yixing asked Tao and Dahai to identify the ones that had tricked them. Yixing had the two eunuchs whipped until they confessed who instructed them to do so. At the end of the investigation, several eunuchs were revealed to have been involved in all of Tao's incidents. Yixing left Dahai in charged of the questioning of these people because he was called away by the emperor.

Later when Yixing returned, Dahai have the guards brought out the eunuch that was behind it all. Dahai had recognized him as the nosy eunuch that questioned about Tao last time when consort Yang visited. Dahai reported this to Yixing. It seems this eunuch acted out of jealousy towards the special treatment that Yixing show towards Tao. The eunuch also had a grudge towards Dahai for having him whipped.

"I worked for you for so many years! I devoted my all to serving you but what do I get in return?! Nothing! I was the most loyal to you, so when the opportunity came, I was excited thinking you'll chose me. But instead you chose Dahai to become your personal eunuch! As if that wasn't enough, you trample on my pride even further by promoting him to be the head eunuch! Then came this newbie out of nowhere and suddenly he gets to have all the special treatment! What are we in your eyes?! Just some expendable lowly beings that you don't even bother to look at?!" the eunuch shouted at Yixing.

Yixing was silent for a bit. Tao stood to Yixing's left and Dahai stood to Yixing's right. The two of them exchange a glance at each other. Tao doesn't know what to say since he wasn't familiar with this kind of situation. On the other hand, Dahai have a lot to say but decided to keep quiet and wait for Yixing's judgment.

"I've never thought of any of you as expendable. You might not believe it but I personally chose each and everyone of you from the list of thousands to work for my palace. I didn't choose at random; I chose you because I thought I could place my trust in you. I don't expect all of you to fully be loyal to me but as long as you were being responsible with your jobs, I let you do as you please. Dahai was chosen as my personal eunuch because I noticed greater potential from him and most importantly, he caters well to my needs. You said you were the most loyal but you bullied and threaten the life of those close to me. That is not loyalty. That is simply your own greed for status and power."

Yixing paused, letting his words sink into the eunuch. "I imagined you were hoping to rise to a certain height of power so that you could control your own fate within this imperial palace. I know the life of eunuchs and maids aren't the best, so I allowed you all some degree of freedom within my palace. Dahai might seem strict, but I know he understood my perspective and turned a blind eye to a lot of things. As for Tao, I guess it is my fault for not making it clear. He is my benefactor and my friend. I do not see a problem in granting my chosen personal guard special treatments. He was already lenient with you for all the other assaulted attempts on him, and yet this time your greed and jealousy went so far as to have him kill…" Yixing glares at the eunuch and his other followers.

The followers shake with fear and beg Yixing to forgive them, "Third Royal Prince, please forgive us! Please spare our lives! We know we are wrong. We won't do it ever again. Please spare us!"

Yixing shook his head in disappointment at them, "I cannot have such people working for me. Since neither Tao nor Dahai was hurt this time, I will spare your lives. Receive your punishments then leave. Never return to my palace again." Before leaving, Yixing instructed Dahai and Tao to watch over the punishments for the nosy eunuch and his followers.

After Yixing left, Dahai glare daggers at them. "Your lives were mostly restricted within the Third Prince's palace walls so you probably don't know how good you have it here. Don't come crying and begging later on, you will never get another chance," Dahai said then instructed the guards to take these eunuchs back out into the main courtyard and whip them.

Tao doesn't know what to do so he just let Dahai lead. Tao grimace at the crying sound of those eunuchs as each whip landed on them. Dahai noticed Tao's discomfort and said, "Young master Huang, you best not pity them now after all that they've done to you. This is already a very lenient punishment."

"It wasn't things I couldn't handle though… and this is already lenient?"

"If you're always going to be this soft hearted, how will you chop down the enemies and properly protect the Third Prince as his personal guard?" Dahai turn towards Tao, "This is indeed a lenient punishment. It might look cruel but those wounds will heal. If they were in other palaces, they could have been executed already. No one else would have wasted so much words with them like the Third Prince did."

Tao grimaced again when one of the eunuchs cried out in pain and collapse on the ground, "So what will happen to them now?"

"They will be separated and send to various places in the imperial palace to serve a different master. If they're lucky they'll get send to some decent masters or sent to do hard labor jobs."

"And if they're not lucky?" Tao asks.

"They'll get send to lions' dens to serve and be torture until death."

Tao have a feeling that Dahai wasn't talking about an actual lion's den. He thinks he finally got a real glimpse of what life is like in this imperial palace, and he's not sure if he like it.

 


Author's Notes:

* Have you guys seen a Japanese's tea ceremony? It's so… what's the word? Regal? I don't know, it's just so pleasant to watch. Who here is a matcha tea addict like me?

Otosan - father (in japanese)

Yay! More subs! Welcome!

As always, I am thankful for everyone's interest and support for this story. Stay safe!