Ride #12

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was greeted by a black screen the moment I opened my eyes. Puzzled, I scanned the room to realise that I have fallen asleep in the production suite last night. My back hurt from the bad sleeping posture last night and I thought my bones were going to crack when I try sitting up. To my surprise, I wasn’t the only one who camped in the office, as I saw my boss sleeping next to me. His body seems a little too long for the chair and I bet he is going to experience the same ache when he wakes up from the awkward sleeping position.

“Sehun,” I shook Sehun’s body gently and it didn’t take very long to wake him up. He looked confused when he woke up but the confusion on his face was replaced with a deep frown as he straightened his body.

“Ah!” Sehun groaned as he rubbed his back with a painful expression. I can’t help to feel bad, if it wasn’t for me, he would have gone home and have proper sleep on his big fluffy bag, instead of cramping himself on the office chair that is obviously too small for his long body and limbs. “What time is it now?” He yawned while he did some simple stretching exercise.

I looked at my watch, “It’s 8.” And I am starting work in another 30 minutes! I quickly checked my work progress and I am praying that I am almost done. I have no idea when I knocked out last night but I am really hoping that I don’t have a lot of things left. Otherwise, the audio team is going to skin me alive for my incompetency. As the desktop screen lit up, I heaved a sign of relief to see that I was almost done with sorting out the audio files. Perhaps in another hour’s time, I will be able to finish everything.

“I am so sleepy,” Sehun whined like a kid and he was about to shut his eyes again when I shook his shoulders.

“No no you can’t sleep again. People are coming in to the office soon and you should leave quickly, before anyone spots you leaving the production suite.”

“Let them see!”

“No! They are going to suspect something because you don’t belong here, Sehun.”

Sighing inwardly, Sehun nodded at my words and decided to make a move. I mean, he just cleared the rumours yesterday and wouldn’t it be contradicting for him to be seen with me again? However, before Sehun stepped out of the production suite, I called for him, “Thank you for your company last night.”

Sehun chuckled, “Anything for you, sweetheart.”

 

Indeed, I finished everything within the next hour and it felt like a huge burden was taken off my shoulder. I ejected the thumbdrive and left the production suite, and just nice, I happened to catch Baekhyun and Secretary Do chatting with each other at Baekhyun’s cubicle.

“Morning Hera,” Jaehyun greeted me as he appeared from behind me.

“Hey Jaehyun.”

Jaehyun then paused in front of me and knitted his brows as he looked at me from head to toe. Why? Do I look like trash? Or do I smell because I didn’t take a bath last night?

“Didn’t you wear this outfit yesterday?” He questioned.

“I worked over time last night and I fell asleep, so I didn’t go home.”

“Oh, but that jack-”

“Jaehyun!”

Jaehyun’s sentence was cut midway when one of the art directors, Sooyoung, called for him and he rushed to her desk immediately. After Jaehyun left, I continued with what I was doing earlier on and even before I approached Baekhyun, Baekhyun and Secretary Do have noticed my presence. I bowed and they acknowledged me.

“I have finished everything,” I passed the thumbdrive to Baekhyun and he seems immensely grateful.

“Wow Hera, you are a life saver! Thank you so much!!”

I smiled and when I directed my vision to Secretary Do, I realised he was staring at me intently with his brows arched as if he was trying to say something but he couldn’t sort his thoughts. I tried not to get affected by his deep stare but deep down, I am. What’s there to stare? Do I look like a complete disaster from working overtime last night? I merely didn’t bathe for a nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter