Say What?!?

Behind the Smile

A/N: So I was going to wait to post this update, but I couldn't help myself. BAM! DOUBLE UPDATE!!  Enjoy!!!

 

 

 

The water was running, and you held your fingers under it, gauging the temperature.  You blessed the fact that it took a second to warm up because it gave you a minute to think.  He finally asked the question you’d been dreading ever since the funeral arrangements had been finalized.  You’d been tossing and turning every night asking yourself what you were going to do next.  There were all kinds of options, all equally possible. 

 

The water began to scald your fingertips and you quickly adjusted the cold water to get the correct degree of heat.  The silence dragged out, and you knew you’d have to tell him what you’d decided.

 

But where to start?  What should you say?  You wondered how he’d react.  Would he be happy? upset? surprised?  Well ultimately, I guess it won’t matter as much to him as it will to me.  We’re just friends, and friends support each other no matter what, right?  Then why am I hesitating?  

 

You finished messing with the cups and shut off the faucet.  Grabbing a towel to dry your hands, you finally turned to face him.

 

 

The look on her face scared you.  It was sort of sad, and your heartbeat sped up as you recognized that face.  You’d seen it before, too many times.  It was her “last look”.  Her “goodbye” face.

She looked down for a minute, obviously gathering up some courage.  She took a deep breath and exhaled loudly before locking gazes with you.  

 

 

It seemed like her lips parted in slow motion.  Your heart pounded, slamming as if to hammer its way out of your ribcage.   Oh, this WAS NOT happening.  The light seemed to dim a little with your dread.

 

 

 

Onew-ssi,  it was a hard decision, but I’ve decided---,” she began.

“_____,  I was going to wait, but I’m too excited.  SHINee wants you to be the lead stylist for our concept design on the new album,” you interrupted, speaking loudly to drown out her voice.

“-----I’m going to stay for a while.”

“BWOH?!?” – “WHAT?!?”  you both exclaimed simultaneously.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:  Hahaha.  Short chapter, but all DRAMA!  What do you think of Onew’s plan?  Did your decision to stay surprise you?  It surprised me, and I wrote the darn thing :D  People, this story is coming to me like a gerbil on acid (by which i mean I'm writing like crazy).  More updates soon! *hugs*