More Moments

Behind the Smile

Your POV

 

You woke up with a mumble and a giant, kind-of-ouchy stretch.  You slowly pulled your head out of the covers, squinting against the change in light.  Sunshine was pouring in through the window, the beams stretching out like a hand to rest on the empty bed beside you.   Wait- empty?  You immediately glanced around the room, confirming that the only person in it was you.    You struggled upright, groaning at the sore muscles in your shoulders and back.  Rubbing at them, you walked slowly down the hall to the bathroom. 

 

Given that you were never really a morning person, you weren’t really surprised when you cracked your elbow on the door frame.   Just another day in the life....Cursing silently, you winced and moved to the sink to brush your teeth and wash your face.

Much better.  Where are the guys again?  It’s too quiet for them to still be hanging out here…

Scraping your long hair up into a messy bun, you headed back toward the kitchen---empty, just as you thought.  But a note was left sitting on the table, next to a covered bowl of rice.

We were all scheduled for an early photoshoot.  After that we head off to dance practice, so we’ll be out of the house for a while.  Feel free to stop by the company if you want-you have my number so text if you come, and we’ll come and get you.  We still need to talk about the job details-so let me know when you have some time.  Eat breakfast, Key left some side dishes in the fridge, See you soon.

                Onew

You sighed, digging in the scary depths of the fridge for those sides- how can I be this hungry?   The food disappeared as you stuffed your face.  mmmm....Yummy.  Guess I need to get back to the house, change into my    “work clothes”, and get started with the day.

 

You were in a taxi headed over to the SM building, and your thumbs were aching from all the texting.

All of the boys had texted at least once this morning, and Key most of all.  Surprisingly, it was Minho who used the most emoticons- Hmmm…guess he really does have a playful side….

Your poor phone would surely melt down in your hand by the time you actually arrived at the building.  Giving up on the digital world for a moment, you yanked a sketchbook out of your awesomely large bag and started some quick designs for the new concept as the taxi kept crawling through traffic. 

 

The taxi pulled up at the large building (thank god traffic had cleared up a bit) and you swung right into the lobby, texting Onew that you were there.  Looking around, you noticed that all the staff appeared to be dressed for a magazine shoot.  Good thing you had taken the time to put together a stylish outfit

It’s much busier than I expected- lots of people doing the “fast walk”.  *giggle* Wonder if they’re just trying to look busy, or if all this activity actually means anything.

“Noona!”

 

Heads turned at the loud exclamation, and all motion seemed to slow for a second as Taemin ran up and gave you a quick bow.   Before you could bow back, he grabbed your hand and started tugging you along- chatting happily at no one in particular.  You took a quick glance around; and were forced to blush once again at becoming the focus of so many eyes.  “Tae- you should maybe let go of my hand- people are staring…,” you said, trying to be just loud enough for only him to hear. 

“Oh, these people, don’t worry, noona- they won’t say anything.”  He waved a hand around in a vague flying gesture that you guessed meant everyone else.  “But if I did this,” he started, turning suddenly to grip you in a tight squeeze, “then we might start some rumors!”  He laughed, even as you gaped at him in horror- you could hear muffled gasps from some of the girls over behind the reception desk.  He released you with a cheeky grin, and resumed pulling you toward the elevators. 

 

You heard the buzz of conversation swelling behind you along with stifled giggles.  You could almost hear the wheels of the gossip mill start grinding away.  You were still aghast at Taemin’s flirty move- When did he start being so bold?   He looked back to check your expression, and grinned at your shocked look.  Little rascal- he knows exactly what he’s doing.  You stood in silence as the floors dinged by, starting to mull over the possibility that you weren’t even a true employee yet but may have gotten into a scandal already.

 

Noona, that’s not a good look for you, you know?

What look,” you asked, confused.  The doors slid smoothly open at the 6th floor.

“Oh, the one where your mouth is wide open- looks like you could fit a whole foot in there if you tried-,” he laughed, darting out into the hallway to avoid the quick swat you aimed at him.  He backed up, galloping along to keep away as you haltingly ran after him with fist raised in mock-anger. 

credit: lala516-deviantart

 

“Don’t run,” you growled, “it will only make the punishment worse when I catch you!”  The two of you kept up the game down the long hall before landing hard against a practice room door, out-of-breath and giggling. 

“_____-ah, you’re not mad at me are you,” he whined, chin resting on the back of his hands as he leaned against your shoulder, looking up at you with a cute puppy-dog expression.  

Your heart melted again at his sheer adorable face, and his bright smile as you threw your hands up in defeat.  “Aissh- I guess not, you pest, that aegyo is lethal!”

 

The half-disgusted look flipped to one of panic as the door was yanked open behind you.  You stumbled back, the sensation of falling making your heart skip a beat as your large bag went flying from the crook of your arm.  You had a split second to think -This is going to hurt- and you braced for impact.

 “Gwen-chana?”    “Noona!”    “BWO?”     “_____-ah!”    “Aish-this girl!” 

Shouts burst out from every direction at once.

 

It took a second for you to breathe again as you realized you hadn’t hit the floor.  A sturdy arm wrapped around your waist and another behind your neck.  It was as if someone had choreographed a perfectly timed romantic dip. You opened your eyes (which you had squeezed shut in anticipation of pain) to meet a concerned stare from Minho, more round-eyed than usual.  Your left arm was folded up, your hand smashed firmly against his chest, while the other arm dangled toward the ground.  Your faces were terribly close to each other, close enough that you could feel his warm breath as he asked again, “Gwen-chana?”  You awkwardly nodded, noting that his eyes flickered over your features, before he nodded and straightened, setting you upright with ridiculous ease.

credit: Raffy Macapaar-Mr. Brightside blog

WOW.  I mean, wow. Can’t help but be impressed by that bod-WAIT!  That’s just not right, what you’re thinking, _____.  But, what I could do wit-STOP IT.  *mental cough*

 

You were still standing in his embrace; it seemed like he was holding on until he was sure you were steady on your feet.   Your hand slid limply from his chest down his abs, managing to note they were just as firm as they had looked from that brief glance last night, before you realized were it was located. You jerked your hand away and toward the hem of your shirt, pulling away from his hold and trying to keep it natural-looking like you weren’t embarrassed to within an inch of your life-AGAIN. He smiled softly and titled his head at your clumsiness.

What is it about these guys that I’m always doing awkward stuff around them- holy schmoly, it would be nice to look like the cool, in-control professional that I am, instead of such a massive dork!

 

 

 

A/N: Okay, sorry guys & gals- My updating has slowed b'c my job is SLOWLY DRIVING ME INSANE.  I'm going to try for an update every couple of days, but no promises...I hope you'll continue to love me anyway? *pretty please* YAY- 25 subscribers (thx aomtihnmaahn)!.....yet still i hunger for MORE!  Please recommend this story if you like it :D

COMMENT, COMMENT,COMMENT- I ADORE COMMENTS! 

*showers everyone with with flyers reading "Commenting Makes Your Hair Shiny & Smooth"* LOL