Discord

Behind the Smile

Back at SM Building

 

Minho and Taemin looked up startled as Key stormed in through the recording room door.  They had been watching Minho’s drama on an iPad, laughing at Taemin’s cameo as an old man. 

“Key-umma, what’s the matter?”

                The irate singer was angrily pacing in the limited space, tense waves pouring off his body.

He was muttering to himself, occasionally stopping to throw his hands about in the air.

“Key, seriously, you have to calm down.  Did Jonghyun-hyung do something stupid again?”  Minho stood up and stepped in front of Key to halt his pacing.

Key flashed him a look, and stood with his hands on his hips, head hung low, chest heaving with emotion.

 

Taemin hurried over and grabbed Key’s arm with both hands.  “You’re scaring me, what is going on?”

Key sighed and finally looked up, an angry glint still sparking in his almond eyes. 

“Is Onew-hyung around,” he asked.

                “He just finished the first part in “Stranger” and then manager-hyung wanted to talk with him so they went off somewhere, and the sound engineer hasn’t come back from lunch yet, so we were just taking a break before we got started again.”  Minho tilted his head, a puzzled look on his face.

Taemin just bit his lip and whispered, “Is hyung is okay?”

Key patted his hands reassuringly, “It’s not that, Taeminnie.”  He puffed out a breath and spilled.

“You know how I was going out with a friend for lunch at his parent’s café?  Well, I was chatting with him back in the kitchen when I saw ____-ah come in.”

                Taemin looked over at Minho.  “Didn’t Onew-hyung say that she was going to stay in and work, and that’s why she couldn’t do lunch with us?”

Minho nodded, and they could both hear Key’s teeth grinding together. Key was nearly growling as he spit out, “And she met with some man there too.  He kissed her hand!  And she was laughing and blushing! “

Taemin recoiled, shocked at his vehement tone.

Minho tried to calm him down once again.  “Maybe you just misunderstood?  Maybe he’s just a friend from the fashion world?”

Key was shaking his head before Minho even finished speaking.

“Then why would she lie to Jinki-hyung?"  He snapped his head toward Taemin.  "Why was she crying, and why was she so comfortable with this person that she would let him touch her cheek and ,hmmm, tell me that!”

None of them noticed the door swinging open behind them.

Taemin protested, “But, hyung, you know she would never cheat, she’s just not that kind of person.”  He trailed off with a hopeful, pleading look.   

Key was too frustrated and upset to keep his temper leashed for one more second.

“FACE IT!  _____-AH IS CHEATING ON JINKI!  AND IT’S GOING TO BREAK HIS HEART WHEN HE FINDS OUT!”

 

A quiet voice rang in the silence after Key’s shout.   

“Did you just say that my girlfriend is cheating on me?”

 

All three of the boys winced and turned to see Onew standing in the room, looking as if he had just be stabbed in the stomach.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Short update is short.  ;/    Gosh, you guys, I'm such a horrible author right now.  I have totally been distracted and not editing anything i've written lately, and that means I'm not updating like I should, and that's all disappointing.  BUT, BUT, BUT  I have been reading all of YOUR fab stuff and trying to leave comments so I'm not completely out of the loop.  *tiny sigh*  I feel so guilty right now.  I will try to at least update short ones as more time comes available.  I hope you guys are still interested in seeing the end of this story~~~~~ OTL