Plotting

Behind the Smile

cred: brainyquotes

 

Ha Sang Baek  POV

It had been two weeks since that interloper moved into his workspace.   Two weeks since he had been summarily put out on the street.  Two weeks since he had bothered to research this James character, this rookie designer that SM had decided to use.  Two weeks since he had discovered that James wasn't a man but rather a woman...and that she had talent.

 

Ha Sang Baek had heard about the presentation for the President.  He knew the details and the almost impossible deadline.  Thankfully, his former assistants weren't averse to talking a little cash on the side in return for information.  Of course they had no idea that he was the one purchasing the insider info.  He had a convoluted process by which their gossip was dropped to a random location, picked up by a second man and taken to a post office box, rented to a false name. They had no idea that he had a private investigator follow them on drop-off days, taking pictures and recording their activities.

After all, he would need blackmail to force them to sabotage the presentation.  He still couldn't believe that the James woman had allowed them to continue working for her, knowing that they were connected to an irate former employee.

 

He never would have allowed it.  Being paranoid in this business meant staying alive; especially when claims of plagiarism were rampant, and getting your look out before the next guy got his similar look out was critical. Innovators weren't necessarily the people that came up with an idea, but were the first to get that idea out to the market.  

 

So, her stupidity will work in my favor.  I can only hope she continues to make amateur mistakes.    

 

He turned in his swivel chair, the slight creaking noise barely audible over the controlled chaos swirling through the converted warehouse.  His spring collection was slowly taking shape.  In it would be pieces originally intended for SHINee-for the album that was snatched from him.

 

Watching his workers cut and piece together his vision used to fill him with a sense of pride, but no longer.  Now all his thoughts were bent on revenge.  Honor must be satisfied.  He could not rest unless President Lee Soon Man knelt and begged him to return.

 

It’s time.  I need to create some small problems for her.  Just those tiny little hiccups that add up until she breaks under the pressure.

 

 He smiled- the ugly expression lingering on his lips, twisted and sour.

 

All I have to do is sit back and watch as she scrambles to recover, as she realizes there is no possibility of success, as she accepts the fact that she is a failure. 

 

His hands tapped together in a measured beat, calculating and cruel.

 

I only have to wait to see her crash and burn, and then sweep in like a hero to save the day.  I’ll graciously accept the apology, and graciously charge triple my fee. 

 

He chuckled in muted glee at the thought, turning back to his desk to place several very important calls- calls that would start the landslide of destruction he had so carefully planned.

 

 

 

 

A/N: What dark events are in store for you?!?  So many....accidents....happen in the workplace.  *evil leer* Sorry the chapter is so short, but I don't want to give too much away yet!