I’m Only Human......

Artificial Soul

The tension and silence permeated the entire room. Byul holding Dayhun by her neck, while Momo began shaking her head. 

 

“Sorry Dayhun....”~Momo murmured as she took 3 shots at Byul. Solar took aim shooting Momo’s gun out of her hand. Momo’s shots piercing through Dahyun’s shoulder striking Byul’s metal arm making her recoil. Dahyun falls to the ground as Byul charged forth tackling Momo to the ground. In her peripheral vision Byul sees Yongsun take the chip and begin to run off.

 

“Solar go! Get her!”~Byul said as Solar sprinted after the Yongsun. Momo kicked Byul off as she stood, getting ready to throw hands with Byul.

“Why do you always get involved!”~Momo yelled running forth.

 

Byul and Momo rushed in at each other bare-fisted, ready to throw down one last time. Momo leaped high, aiming to come down for an overhead punch, and Byul reacted by preparing herself for the coming strike. Her knuckles of bashed against Byul’s crossed arms, and Momo touched down on the ground softly.  Byul lashed her right foot upwards for a solid kick to Momo’s ribs, and as she made the hit she felt something snap.  Momo grunted in pain, one of her lower, smaller ribs now broken from the kick. Retaliating in a flash of pain, Momo head-butted Byul forcefully, sending the Policewoman staggering backward.

 

“You dumb dumb girl......She would of brought Seulgi back for you! And you squandered it”~Momo said cracking her knuckles

 

 

“Why are you doing this Momo!? You were a good cop! Why all this!”~Byul screamed wiping the blood from

 

“She said she’d bring Tzuyu back...”~Momo spoke in a hollow tone.

 

“You think all this would of been fair to Tzuyu?”~Byul said filling Momo with anger

 

“Whats fair!? Tell me then Byulie! Was it fair that she died in that drive by?!”~Momo screamed running up for a punch, striking Byul in her side.

 

“Was it fair when the paramedics couldn’t make it on time!”~Momo wailed quickly dodging Byul’s punch

 

“Was it fair that drug dealer got set free after only 13 months in prison!?!”~Momo yelled throwing another punch at Byul

 

“Was it fair when I was fired for killing that b*stard!?!?!”~Momo shouted getting more ferocious 

 

“Was it fair that I couldn’t do anything to save her!!!!!”~Momo screamed getting ready to rush Byul again

 

“WAS IT FAIR WHEN MY BABY GIRL DIED IN MY ARMS!!!!!!”~Momo cried running forth

 

“Tell me Byul! Tell me!! TELL ME!!!!”~Momo yelled as she tried striking Byul again.

 

Byul rushed back forwards and delivered a set of strikes as Momo was nursing her broken rib, her knuckles grazing her opponent's temple, cheek, and chest. With a flip into the air and a solid kick to the sternum, Byul sent Momo sprawling backward, only for the agile woman to handspring back to her feet, even with a broken rib Momo didn’t care.

 

“You could of just stayed out of my way and there would of be no problems, but you just had to keep butting in”~Momo said readjusting her rib

 

“This was not the path to go.....”~Byul said getting up on her feet, making Momo chuckle

 

“Tzuyu was the only semblance of love and hope I had left in the world............... and that man took her from me........Stole her from me!!...........RIPPED HER FROM ME!”~Momo screamed unsheathing a knife from her boot

 

Momo struck fast as she rushed forward, attempting to jab at the Detective with the deadly blade, but Byul proved quicker than she’d expected, as she suddenly ducked beneath the knife when it was just inches from her face. Byul rolled away, not seeing Momo rush her again. Before Byul could attempt to locate where Momo could strike next, her vision was suddenly obscured as a boot slammed into her face. Without even having a chance to recover, she was then struck by another kick to the back of her head, with Momo finishing via a kick to the the chest. As her opponent stumbled back, Mileena her knife, intent on stabbing them into Byul’s neck. Just when it seemed it was about to make contact, however, the brown haired police woman managed to bring her hands up and grabbed at her attacker's wrist, stopping the knife just inches from it’s target. Gritting her teeth, Momo attempted to push it forward , but her adversary proved to be incredibly stubborn as she pushed back with equal force. While doing so, she furthered her vice-like grip on the Momo’s elbow, slowly applying pressure until-

 

SNAP!

 

Byul dislocated her elbow making her scream. Momo recoiled in pain, dropping the knife. She kicked Byul away as She gripped her wobbling forearm and cried in agony. With guttural snap she forcefully relocated the bone back into it’s socket. Byul kneeled, recovering from the flurry of attacks she had undergone as Momo did the same.

 

“It wasn’t fair what happened to her and you......... but what you’re doing wouldn’t bring her back, Tzuyu would still be dead”~Byul said making Momo clench her teeth

 

“It can.......... and your the only thing standing in my way”~Momo muttered sprinting forward with incredible speed.

 

Momo unleashed a brutal combo of punches and agile kicks.  After she'd given Byul a good taste of her anger ending the stream of attacks with a flip kick that sent Byul flying back.

 

Byul crashed into a giant wooden crate, getting stuck in the indentation she left in its frame. The synthetic skin on her metal arm completely torn and ripped from the impact. Heaving from the brutal flow of attacks she'd just been on the receiving end of, Byul weakly went to pry off the useless skin still fastened to her arm. She stands up and flexes her robotic appendage. 

 

Seeing an opportunity for retaliation, Momo charged at Byul, before jumping at her, she went in low and sweeped her legs out from under her, allowing Momo to follow up by smashing her backhand into Byul’s stomach, making her flinch from the pain. Seeing the knife nearby on the floor Momo picks it up and attempts to go in for a kill.

 

Byul, having regained her senses just in time, managed to raise her metal arm up to block the knife, before pushing Momo back with brute force. She then ran forward, throwing out a series of jabs to Momo, which she nimbly bobbed and weaved out of the way of just as easily as before. Going low, Momo swept her legs out from under him once more, sending Byul to the floor before raising her foot up and slamming it down, intending on snapping her neck. Byul roll away, and with all her force she could muster used her metal arm to strike Momo in her leg. There is a ripping, popping sound as the ligaments tear, like the loud breaking of a stick as the bone bursts from the back of her knee. Byul catches a glimmer of white bone as Momo falls over from the pain. Byul quickly pushes her over, pinning Momo to the ground.

 

“C’mon Byul...... do it...... end it”~Momo said through shallow, pained breathes. 

 

“You're not worth the trouble it would take to hit you!”~Moonbyul screamed gripping onto Momo’s shirt collar

 

“I knew you’d be weak......”~Momo murmured through pained breaths

 

“You know I could of been you, so deranged to commit all the crimes you did...........”~Byul said grabbing Momo by the collar of her shirt

 

“Well...... what stopped you?”~Momo asked sarcastically, in a pained voice

 

“The thought that Seulgi would never forgive me if I became a monster like you”~Byul said making Momo breathe with realization. She was broken now, shattered really. Her mind was like a lost man at sea, desperate and starving for some reason to live. Desperate for a memory, good, warm, welcoming, one she could smile to. Byul wound a punch and struck Momo across the face knocking her unconscious. 

 

“And now we’re even”~Byul said getting off Momo, and lying down on the ground. She hears a shuffle behind her as she turns to see Irene limping towards her.

 

“Well I guess you had it all handled Byulie”~Irene said sitting down next to Byul.

 

“Could of used a bit of help but I see you were busy too”~Byul jokingly said

 

“When’s backup getting here?”~Irene asked in a raspy, pained boice

 

“Police will be here soon but I have to help..... Solar now”~Byul grunted getting up

 

“I’ll keep an eye on these pansies, hurry up”~Irene said as Byul nodded, tossing her a gun.