The Woman in White

Artificial Soul

 

Solar opened her eyes, looking around seeing nothing but a darkened room. She tries to get up but is stopped by her arms. Her wrists are chained to the floor as well as her legs. The binds were bolted right into her. She tried and tried but she could only move a little bit from the spot she was chained. Stopping for a moment she hears the ticking of a clock echo in the darkness. In the dark room, even the ticking had a relaxed feeling, as if it was a heart-beat at rest. Solar tries focusing, closing her eyes, she opens them but to her confusion, nothing. She tried activating her night vision but she couldn’t, she couldn’t activate any of her tactical systems. She tries again at the chains yanking the bolt but as she feels them she realizes its no use. The bolts pierced through her platinum skeleton and are locked on both sides preventing her from doing anything.

 

“It’s no use synth”~A feminine mechanical voice spoke making Solar look in front of her. The lights turn on revealing in front of her, the woman in white. Her arms crossed over her white silk jacket, her mask hiding her entire face. The woman walked forth towards Solar, making her tremble a bit before she stops.

“I shut off all of your primary systems, you can’t do anything”~The woman said with a chuckle

 

“Where is Derective Irene! Where is Byul!”~Solar screamed struggling against her binds

 

“Hmm well no need to be rude”~The woman said pulling out a phone and calling someone

 

“Momo, bring them in”~The woman said pocketing the phone. Moments went by as the woman in white stared at Solar. Solar closely inspected her noticing how perfectly pressed and clean her suit was, every fine detail clean and vibrant. The woman walked up to Solar and gently placed her hand on her head slowly  going down until she was caressing Solar’s face.

 

“What are you doing?”~Solar questioned as the woman tilted her head looking closely at Solar’s face.

 

“Such a lovely recreation”~The Woman said when the door behind her was opened. Momo entered holding Byul and Dayhun entered holding Irene. Both of the police women were bound by their hands and seemed to be beaten. Irene is placed near Solar when she sees it. Irene is badly injured, she looked almost lifeless if she didn’t smile back from seeing Solar. Momo tossed Byul down as she rolled over to Solar. She got a quick look at Byul, the snarky girl smiled back.

 

“Hey Solar, how you be.....”~Byul said through a cough.

 

In one shattered moment Solar’s heart cracks. Byul’s a bloody mess, nose smashed and eyes almost shut with swelling. On each arm there are great purple welts that will only deepen with time. Her arms are wrapped round her guts like she's holding them in and to be honest she's beat so bad she could be. Momo ties Byul down into Solar’s chain so she cant do anything.

 

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?!”~Solar yelled back to the woman. The woman in white motion at Dahyun and Momo as they nodded.

 

“Give me 10 minutes”~The woman ordered as Dahyun and Momo leaving the room. The woman rubs her hands together before grabbing a nearby chair, sitting down and crossing her legs.

 

“Well all I want is that data chip from evidence locker 89”~The woman stated making Solar grit her teeth.

 

“We don’t know what your talking about.....”~Byul replied making the woman angry

 

“Oh is that so? Well then let me see if I can jog your memory”~The woman said walking over towards Solar and Irene. She grabs Irene by the hair, pulling her to the center of the room. The woman throws her down before kicking the detective across the face making the injured Irene cry out in pain. Irene is drooling blood, the side of her cheek is darkened starting to bruise. The woman picks Irene up and sits her up before punching with such force she’s on the floor again coughing blood. Byul got into the kneeling position before screaming.

 

“STOP IT!”~Byul protested as the woman looked up from the beaten Irene.

 

“Well then tell me where the chip is?”~The woman said sounding more and more irritated.

 

“We..... don’t....”~Byul murmured 

“Well then, back to it I guess”~The woman said walking back over to Irene. She pulls out a long knife from under her white coat. The blade was long and serrated, shimmering in the light. She grabs Irene from the floor and holds the knife to her neck.

 

“Don’t do this!”~Solar cried out

 

“So whats it gonna be then”~The woman said pushing the blade against Irene’s neck. A few moments of silence go by, the tension in the room getting high. The air is so brittle it could snap, and if it doesn't, Byul might. No-one speaks, what is there to say? Negotiations won't cut it right now. 

 

“Byul, Solar...... don’t........AAAAAH”~Irene began speaking before the woman stabbed her in the shoulder. Sharp pain lanced through her head and colorful spots flashed in front of her eyes, the knife made her body feel like it was on fire and every movement caused some muscle or bone to ache. Searing fiery bursts pulsated around the wound, intensifying with each dragging moment, jarring and brutal. With each second the pain amplified, the bloody muscle quivered, her consciousness ebbed. The wound slowly oozing thick crimson liquid.

 

“Shut your mouth”~The woman said pulling the knife out, making Irene cringe from the pain.

 

“PLEASE STOP!”~Solar yelled

 

“ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!”~Byul screamed making the woman look at her.

 

“I will tell you but no more hurting her”~Byul said making the woman nod.

 

“Okay then, DAHYUN!”~The woman screamed, Dahyun quickly entered the room.

 

“Yes Boss”~Dahyun

 

“Get bandages for this girl, patch her up”~The woman said as Dahyun began treating Irene’s stab. Irene grunted and moaned from the pain, she couldn’t risk saying anything so she stayed silent.

 

“Well now it’s your turn, where is the chip”~The woman asked

 

“Its in our police cruiser, the safety lock box”~Byul begrudgingly said looking down

 

“Now was that so hard”~the woman said patting Byul on her head

 

“Who.... just who are you”~Solar asked making the woman chuckle again.

 

“Well then I guess it’s no more time for secrets”~The woman said reaching for her mask. She pulls it off and unfurls her hair. The soft looking strands rolling down her face. Byul, Solar and Irene gasped seeing her face............. she looked like Solar.

 

“I’m Kim Yongsun, I’m well...... what you’re based on”~Yongsun said in her regular voice, looking at Solar