Drug Bust

Artificial Soul

 

The Goy District gave way to empty barren road a full twenty minutes ago and the verge became more of a junkyard than a junkyard. The old machinery lines the road covered in dirt and scavenged into skeletons of whatever they were. Byul and Solar made it to the warehouse at the end of Pier 4. The building had a curved roof like an aircraft hanger and the walls are corrugated tin. The broken wooden floor around it is empty except for a forklift – it must be in use again. Moonbyul got out of the car and scouted about as Solar got ready.

 

“So Solar, how you feeling?”~Moonbyul asked as the synth girl was changing her outfit in the car

 

“Good, how do I look?”~Solar asked revealing herself. Earlier she morphed her long black hair into a short brown bob, it framed her heart-shaped face with expressive eyes bright with confidence. Her hair was a lovely whisky, the color of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn. How such a tint could play with the light, like peering at the sun through a jar of pine honey. A dazed expression dominated her features. Her cheekbones sat high on her face and a smile that could send people running and screaming curved her lips. She wore a leather jacket with silk lace crop top underneath. Her charisma was embedded on her gorgeous facial features- brown eyes and all- and when her lips curved up, they formed two small dimples sitting upon her cheeks.

 

“Wow love the hair, you fit the bill of a drug trader”~Moonbyul said hiding her wide grin

 

“Thank you Byul”~Solar said fixing herself up

 

“Didn’t know you could change like that on the fly”~Moonbyul said checking out Solar

 

“Yeah, I have full control of my physical features, I can adjust myself accordingly”~Solar said flicking her hair around

 

“Ok so how you feeling?”~Moonbyul asked handing Solar a small recording device

 

“Feeling good, feeling great actually”~Solar said placing the the device under her jacket

 

“Good to hear. What's the one thing you gotta remember?”~Moonbyul asked as she brought out boxes of nitro

 

“Uh... don't mess up the drugs? Stay undercover? Don't get killed?”~Solar sarcastically guessed

 

“You gotta get Jihyo to talk about this woman in white.”~Moonbyul stated placing down the final box of nitro

 

“No problem.”~Solar said nervously

 

“Keep her talking. The more we can learn about this operation, the better a case we can build, okay? Now do we need to go over this again?”~Moonbyul said hiding their police cruiser out of view.

 

“I got it. Well, here goes nothing. I got this”~Solar said taking in a deep breath. Byul threw on a coat and put on a baseball cap to hide her face. They now sat and waited for the meet up. Raw tension filled the air of the warehouse making Solar feel the true weight of the situation. She nervously tapped the length of one of the boxes in anxiety. Like hail on a glass pane, the drumming of her fingers was as relentless as it was loud. Each click of her finely trimmed nails on the box echoed the tumultuous thudding of her heart beat. Her face, rigid with tension, showing a moment of fear. Byul places her hand on Solar’s shoulder making her shudder slightly.

 

“Nervous?”~Moonbyul snidely said

 

“Well maybe a......”~Solar tried saying as a black SUV pulled up. The doors swung open with full force as two metallic doll-like beings jumped out. These were Generation 1 synths, decommissioned long ago. These synths being less human looking, were less desired when the human like Generation 2 synths were created. Solar looked at them in shock as she had never seen synthetics this old before. The two G1 synths had guns holstered to their side as they approached the duo. In place of a face they both had smooth mannequin-esque faces, feminine yet hollow. The one to the left was had a larger chest piece, smoothly curved at the base, pretty even, but on the upper surface were ridges sharper than any creatures claw. The synth to the right part far thinner than any synth Byul had ever seen before, no more than half a meter in diameter around the waist but razor sharp with complementary ridges to the base. They moved as if thought controlled, fluid, soundless. These robotic watchman were nothing if not flashy.

 

“I am Terry 1 and this is Terry 2”~The taller synth said introducing themselves to Solar

 

“Hello I am..... Sol...... Yeba”~Solar said making Byul facepalm.

 

“Who is this woman?”~Terry 2 said looking at Byul closely. Byul pulled her hat down trying to obscure the synths from seeing her face.

 

“She...., now are we here to talk or are we here to deal?”~Solar said making the two synths turn their attention toward her.

 

“Terries! Stand down!”~A female voice called from the car. The two synthetic guards backed off as a short haired woman in a black lace top came trotting towards them.

 

“Stand guard around the perimeter”~Jihyo commanded as the two synths left the area.

 

“You must be Jihyo”~Solar said pulling up her right hand for a handshake. Jihyo had a firm yet cold handshake, almost like a snake coiling around prey.

 

“You are correct luv, you got a mighty high recommendation from my dealers, now who is this?”~Jihyo asked looking at Byul.

 

“She’s my bodyguard, her name.... is uh..... her name is Hamster”~Solar said making Byul grit her teeth.

 

“Well thats a strange ole name”~Jihyo said laughing a bit

 

“Yeah, I laughed when I first heard it too”~Solar said mustering a fake chuckle.

 

“Okie so how much product we dealing with here Miss Yeba?”~Jihyo said turning her attention towards the boxes

 

“Its about 300 kilos”~Solar said opening a box for Jihyo to see.

 

“Wow, you gots a lot of dis don't cha luv?”~Jihyo said inspecting a bag of the purple powder.

 

“What are you doing with all this nitro? You got many customers? Rumors say you’ve been collecting a ton of it”~Solar asked making Jihyo raise an eyebrow

 

“Oh, I’m just collecting this for me boss”~Jihyo said opening the bag, rubbing the powder between her fingers.

 

“What’s your boss using it for?”~Solar asked anxiously

 

“We ain’t no druggies if thats watcha getting at”~Jihyo said tossing the bag back into the box

 

“No... No thats not what I'm saying”~Solar stuttered making Jihyo giggle. Byul quietly pressed the emergency signal on her phone, alerting the precinct to their location. They needed an out just in case things went south.

 

“Just messin with ya, the boss just needs this for fuel, and it seems what you got is legit”~Jihyo said pulling out her phone.

 

“Fuel?...”~Moonbyul mumbled under her breath

 

“Oh who you calling?”~Solar inquired as Jihyo press her phones screen a few times.

 

“Imma call Momo, she got to check out all this nitro I scored.”~Jihyo said as Byul and Solar froze in fear.

 

“Hey Terry grab the cash!”~Jihyo yelled as she put the phone up to her head. Terry 1 grabbed a case of cash from the car and presented it to Solar. 

 

“This is approximately, a million won”~Terry 1 said handing the case over to Byul.

 

“Jihyo!”~Terry 2 said running over to them

 

“What is it?! I’m busy here”~Jihyo said putting the phone down

 

“Cops are on their way here”~Terry 2 said as Jihyo stared at Solar and Byul. The anger boiling within in her eye. She quickly motioned at Terry 1 having her take off Byul’s hat, revealing her face.

 

“Oh Hi Detective”~Jihyo said throwing her phone down, running away towards the other end of the warehouse. Byul tossed the case of money at Terry 1 knocking her down chasing after the criminal dealer. Terry 2 runs and knocks Byul down as Solar continued chasing Jihyo. Solar pulled out a taser, running down the pier with weapon in hand. Bursting through the door with astounding speed, Jihyo sprints down the side of the pier. Solar, putting her synthetic legs to good use, makes a game out of catching up to Jihyo. Solar leaps forth tackling her to the ground. She flips Jihyo around and tases Her around the neck. To Solar’s surprised all Jihyo did was smile.

 

“Thats cute luv”~Jihyo said kicking Solar off her. Solar stood back up, shifting her hair back to normal as Jihyo looked at her giggling.

 

“Ooooh a synth, That’ll make this interesting”~Jihyo said as her left eye glowed red. Jihyo closed the gap in what appeared to be an instant, her fists prepared to meet the Solar head on!

 

“Fast!” was the only thought that could go through Solar’s mind as she backflipped away, barely dodging an uppercut. Jihyo smirked and followed her, jumping in her direction and throwing a quick jab. Solar rolled to the side and lunged forth, throwing a haymaker at the woman.

 

Jihyo ducked with ease, the fist missing her entirely. She could only smirk as she brought her fist right into Solar’s stomach making her recoil and fall back from the amount of force Jihyo just exerted, an inhuman amount. 

 

The blow lunged Solar back. However, she didn’t get any more than 3 seconds to react before Jihyo got behind her almost instantly, she was insanely fast.

 

At that point, Jihyo threw a second punch, this time, into Solar’s back. The sound of metal hitting metal going off on impact followed as a result.

 

Solar gasped, unable to fathom how she fast the two strikes hit her. However, she didn’t even get the chance to think of a counter attack as she was propelled ten inches forward. Jihyo, again, seemed to speed before her and crouched down, getting ready for the next punch. With a grin; Jihyo struck! Her fist meeting the jaw of the synthetic woman. Making Solar roll backwards, but having enough control to catch herself before standing up to face Jihyo again.

 

“Aye luv, you’re a synth right? Why dont you fight like one!!”~Jihyo said laughing as she cracked her knuckles. Solar stood there as her eyes glowed green, beginning to scan Jihyo for any anomalies. Her vision showed her that Jihyo had Biotic Enhanced Limbs, similar to Byuls but heavily modified for combat. Jihyo’s right arm, torso, and head seemed to be the only part of her body still human enough to be weak. And thats what Solar was aiming for now.

 

She lunged at Jihyo only to be contacted with the woman’s knee. Solar’s face was met with the wooden floor of the pier. Jihyo had grabbed her by the head and slammed her face-first into the floor cracking the wood. And she wasn’t done either.

 

To end the assault; Jihyo propped up the weakened synthetic girl against a wooden beam. She walked back eyeing her run up ready to deal the killing blow. Jihyo charged forth winding up a hard punch as Solar quickly rolled out of the way, the punch cleanly shattering through the wooden beam.  Jihyo found herself crashing against the ground, Solar’s foot struck the back of her head. With a little bit of coordination, and some synthetic flexibility, Solar gave the blow more momentum. The result was a sudden hit to the back of the head which threw Jihyo off balance. Solar wasn’t done either. She got up and with all her strength, struck a combination of blows to the right side of Jihyo’s chest making her recoil in pain as she kicked Solar away. Her human parts now bruised and beaten.

 

“Little pest aren’t you?”~Jihyo said gripping her side. Jihyo smiled running forth to strike again, but at a noticeably slower pace. Solar knew now. She became quick and precise with her punches, always landing in the same spot making the woman cringe from the pain. Jihyo started getting sloppy and reckless with her punches, eventually trying to punch Solar with her right arm. Solar retaliated by meeting that punch with her own punch. As their fists met a crunching of bones could be heard.

 

Jihyo FELT the tendons screaming and the arm itself felt as if it was going to fly off. Solar strikes Jihyo across the face with a left hook making her bleed from a seam between her left eye and nose. Jihyo flicked her wrist forth making a knife like blade slide out. Jihyo lunged at Solar with the weapon, making her back away. Solar grabs her forearm and yanks hard trying to disarm her but instead rips the mechanical prosthetic away from Jihyo. Solar smiles as she tosses it to the floor of the pier. Jihyo struggles in pain as she kneels down on the floor. Solar walks forth tugging at Jihyo’s hair, as the one armed woman laughed at her own defeat.

 

“Well a synth beat me”~Jihyo said giggling to herself

 

“You can lessen your punishment if you cooperate”~Solar said making Jihyo shake her head in disagreement

 

“I’m one thing, and that one thing isn’t a rat”~Jihyo said as multiple police cruisers pulled up. Solar let go of Jihyo as she fell back to the wooden floor. Officers rushed over and apprehended Jihyo as Solar ran back to the warehouse. She turned around to see Byul battered and bruised, holding one of the synths heads.

 

“Don’t mind me just fought two synths by myself”~Moonbyul said throwing the head off the side of the pier.

 

“I’m sorry Byul”~Solar said assisting Byul. 

 

“It’s OK you had your hands full too I see”~Moonbyul said gesturing around to the cracked wooden floor and destroyed wooden beams. Byul walked over sitting down at a nearby bench. Solar plopped herself next to Byul, making her chuckle.

 

“What? What you laughing at?”~Solar asked while tending to Byul’s bruises

 

“Yeba? Really? You couldn’t think of anything better”~Moonbyul said making Solar embarrassed.

 

“I couldn’t think of anything else, it was hard thinking on the spot”~Solar retorted making Byul laugh again

 

“And where’d Hamster? Do I look like a Hamster to you?”~Moonbyul asked as Solar burst out laughing. She always admired everything about Byul, from the way the breeze blew her hair to the soft lilt to her voice. To Solar, she was the perfect girl for her, even if she was human. But what really made Solar fall head over heals for her was the way she dealt with everything. The calm and collected way she handled herself, to the way she trusted her, Solar was just infatuated with Byul. She rested her head onto Byul’s shoulder as the day drifted on by.

 

“Being a cop is hard”~Solar said sarcastically 

 

“Yeah......but at least I get to do it with you”~Byul murmured making Solar smile

 

[Later that night]

 

Momo walked up to the woman in white sitting in a black limousine. Looking irritated Momo looks up to speak.

 

“Moonbyul and her synth have arrested Jihyo”~Momo blurted out 

 

“So she has become much more of a nuisance hasn’t she”~The woman in white said making Momo angry

 

“If it wasn’t for Moon and her synth girlfriend....”~Momo began stating before she was interrupted

 

“Did you say girlfriend? This detective is dating that android?”~The woman in white asked

 

“Yes, Dayhun reported seeing them go on a date”~Momo responded bluntly

 

“Interesting, this is going to get interesting”~The woman in white said as she and Momo drove off.