Two On One

Artificial Soul

Author’s Note: I ended up adding to the last few chapters and they ended up being too long so there will 27 chapters now

 

Irene turned towards Dahyun quickly and fired several rounds from her pistol, some missing Dahyun and others piercing Chaeyoung in the arm making her duck behind cover. Dahyun aimed at the girls with her rifle and unloaded, making Byul and Solar dive for cover while Irene ran off to hide behind some crates. Solar ran up through an isle of crates and kicked the rifle out of Dahyun’s hand. She quickly retaliated by kicking Solar over a crate and running. Dahyun rushed to byul, attempting to make the first attack. Byul however, was ready. As Dahyun flicked her wrist to try and punch, sending her hand towards Byul’s face, She grabbed it mid-motion and pulled Dahyun towards her as she flipped Dahyun over her shoulder. She swiftly rolled and starting running away from Byul towards the exit. She chased Dahyun with all her might as the two disappeared from sight. Irene aimed her gun around looking for Chae before she felt the barrel of a gun pressed against the back of her head. 

 

“Gotcha you.....”~Chaeyoung said before Irene pushed the gun to the floor as Chaeyoung pulled the trigger. Irene elbowed Chae in the face, and then pinned her against the wall. Chaeyoung rolled away from Irene’s hold and ran to hide again. Irene grabbed Dahyun’s rifle from the floor and turned around to... Nothing... Chaeyoung completely disappeared. Irene held her gun close to herself and walked as quietly as she possibly could. Char threw the first punch, which Irene blocked, then kicking her in the gut, sending her back a few feet making her drop the gun. She quickly recovered and hit Chae’s forearm, twisting it in an awkward position. Chae wrapped her arms around Irene’s neck and began trying to choke her out. After a minute of about to lose consciousness Irene broke out and punched Chae square in the jaw, leaving a purple bruise. While mixed up, Irene took the opportunity to throw punch after punch at Chaeyoung, each impact making a loud sound. 

 

Chae grabbed Irene’s two fists and head-butted the detective sending her back reeling from the pain. Chaeyoung got in a stance, bending her knees down, coming straight up and kicking Irene right in the jaw, flipping her around so that she landed on her chest sending her into a daze. Chaeyoung came in for the killing blow as Solar tackled her to the ground.

 

Chae grunted and got Solar in a chokehold, then threw her at the wall. Solar fell back, but Chaeyoung caught her before she hit the ground, as she proceeded to bash her head into the solid concrete wall. Solar slammed the back of her head against Chae’s nose, breaking it completely. Chae turned the synth girl around and put pressure on Solar’s eyeballs, Solar screaming as Chae tried to gouge her mechanical eyes out. To Chae’s surprise, Solar smashed her fist forcibly into her bullet wound making her fall to her knees from the splitting pain, but Chae wasn't finished yet.

 

Out of nowhere, Chae quickly got behind Solar, applying pressure on her chest and pressing herself against Solar’s back. After this, Chaeyoung flipped around and forced Solar’s head to collide with a nearby wall of crates, nearly cracking her face plate as a small scratch is now visible. Solar gave everything she got to force herself back to her feet. Solar charged at Chae, knocking her down with the force of a battering ram. Chae tried to push Solar away, clawing at her face. Solar bit down on Chae’s hand, drawing blood that dripped to the floor. 

 

After yelling, Chae forced herself against Solar, knocking her down again. Chaewrapped her hand around Solar's throat and er punched her straight in the cheek, cracking her face even more. Chae hit Solar over and over, blood gushing from her own hand and seeping onto Solar’s synthetic skin. When she thought she had enough, Chaeyoung reached over to grab Irene’s handgun, this time pushing it against Solar’s forehead. This time, she was going to do it. As she slowly clenched the trigger. Irene came in fast, smacking it out of Chaeyoung’s hand and uppercutted her, as she fell on her back. Irene rushed to the gun as quickly as her battered body could carry her.

 

Chaeyoung knew what Irene was doing and ran after her. Irene picked up the gun, but Chaeyoung got to her soon after. Chae attempted to press the gun against Irene, but Irene turned it to face Chae. Then Chae turned it back towards Irene. Then Irene turned it back towards Chae. Then towards Irene. Then towards Chae. Irene. Chae. Irene. Chae. Back and forth. Over and over. Then, at long last, Irene kicked Chaeyoung’s knee as hard as she could, breaking her leg in half. Chae shouted at the top of her lungs. As she did, Irene forced the gun into Chaeyoung’s mouth.

 

“Detective No!”~Solar called out but it was too late

 

BANG!

 

Blood, brains, and gore splattered across the room, making an ungodly liquid noise no person should ever have to hear. Chaeyoung’s limp body fell down for the last time, causing a thud. Then... Silence.........

 

Irene got up and limped over to Solar, planting herself beside the injured synth girl. Solar still dumbfounded that Irene just killed Chaeyoung.

 

“Thank you for saving me dectective”~Solar murmured propping herself up against a crate

 

“Just returning the favor.....”~Irene said while mending her her sprained wrist

 

“You do know that this will go on your record don’t you Irene”~Solar said while Irene gave a hearty sigh

 

“Yeah I know......... it’s just the way I do my job”~Irene said in a softer more disarming tone

 

“There’s no need to burden yourself with such anger detective”~Solar said as Irene looked at her

 

“Well it’s all I know, was raised in the streets, always seen as a “ruthless cop” the kind people are always scared of........ maybe thats why she left me”~Irene murmured as she pulled out a picture of Seulgi

 

“It doesn’t have to be that way”~Solar said making Irene slowly rub the picture of Seulgi

 

“She brought out the best in me..... but I could never see that..... I’m worthless..... thats all I’ll ever be.....”~Irene said when Solar placed her hand upon her shoulder

 

“Looking at your record I’ve seen that you’ve done things that no one could of ever done, in the end you save lives. And for that... I respect you... Almost more than any cop I've met..."~Solar muttered as Irene gave a small chuckle.

 

“I’m no one to look up to Solar, It's a hell of a thing to kill a person.......You take away everything they ever were........ And everything they will ever be. I do it a lot in this line of work, I’ve become numb to it........Maybe thats why I’m all alone”~Irene whispered as Solar looked at her

 

“No one can bring you peace but yourself, so you have to learn to live with it”~Solar said making Irene smile

 

“Now you sound like Byul”~Irene

 

“She told me Seulgi told her that....”~Solar muttered, Irene nodding in response.

 

“I wonder how Byul’s doing”~Irene pondered putting the photo away in her pocket

 

[Up In The City] 

 

“EVERYONE MOVE!”~Byul screamed as she followed Dahyun on foot through a crowd of people, seeing Dahyun run towards a park.