Chapter 7 - Leader's Struggle

Fool Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"This is Park Chorong, she will be the leader of the group." the director announced. I can see the girls' surprised face. Yeah I know I don't look like my age.

"Is she the oldest among us?" the main vocal asked.

"Yes but it's not the reason why she became the leader. All of you had been observed since 4 months before the official announcement of the members. The board voted for that position." then he smiled at me. The rest of the members looked at me and when I glance at the main dancer. She smiled.

After explaining each of the member's position to the group where no one oppose, the Director left. 

I really don't know what to do. I'm not good at talking to other people who I am not close with. I observed the members. 

The lead vocal and dancer is eating while trying to initiate a conversation with the maknae. 

The main vocal and main dancer were laughing at each other non stop. Well, I think they are really close even before announcing the members.

Then, the last two members were sitting quietly on the side. 

Knowing that we will play a big role to each other's life starting today. I think we need to know each other very well. 

"Everyone, please prepare yourselves as you will moved to be together in one dorm for your training. Please be guided accordingly." one of the manager stated. 

And that's when I realized that my life will change. 

~~

We have this documentary prior to our debut. It's called Apink news. It shows our process. And it's the same show where Bomi and Namjoo were introduced to the public. 

I'm actually afraid of being the leader. Sometimes, I wish that I can be care free too like a maknae. 

But as time goes by, I slowly enjoyed it. Even if I can be the killjoy at times. The members really respect me. 

The members become so special to me that I feel like they are my own family. 

~~

I startled when Bomi's room door suddenly opened. She was wearing a hoodie and pants, holding a key.

"I will just buy something in convenience store, if you have something to buy, well I can..." she said without looking at me.

"Nothing." I simply answered. 

"Okay then." then she walked to the door.

"Take care Bbom-ah." but it's too late, she already closed the door. 

I decided to watch some random videos on youtube when I tempted to search for the fmv of Chobom. I don't usually watch fmvs because It makes me sensitive and emotional but I appreciate all their hardworks. 

I was surprised when there were a lot of Chobom's fmv. We received so much love especially on international fans. 

Then I remember how Apink and my friendship with Bomi started.

Flashback ~~

I was actually surprised that Bomi turned out to be the group's moodmaker. Everyone were afraid of her because of her strong unnie aura.

Never thought that she have a crazy, pabo, dope, goofy and all the suitable acronym to use to describe that side of hers. 

She tried her best to made everyone feel better whenever she feel that members are exhausted from the training. 

Good thing about Bomi is that she's really serious during training. She always worked hard to the choreo, vocal trainings etc. 

We debuted with Mollayo, I'm always worried watching other groups because I felt that they really did a great job.

It's really hard to get people's attention during rookie days. That's why we burst into tears during our first music show win with "My My". And other rookie awards.

The first major struggle I felt with Apink is when a member took another path. Yookyung talked to me about her plan of pursuing her studies and I understand her. 

We talked about it with the members, managers and board. I really feel bad because I thought everything will end without starting anything. 

After the final decision, the management let Yookyung to pursue her dreams. They talked a lot about it and many suggestions were agreed. We've been put up to hiatus for a long time. 

We continued our training. And I was put into diet. Well, it's not new since I was dieting since Apink news. 

But knowing that we're incomplete made me depressed and I just don't want to continue. 

After the training, I went to Han river and sat on one of the benches facing the river. I in trying to be okay. I am supposed to be tough because I'm the leader. I stared at the river without knowing that one of the members followed me and she's already behind me.

"I think you sometimes forget that you worked hard too and you're the best." she said.

I didn't bother to turn around as I recognized her voice. 

"Just so you know, whenever it hurts, it's okay to cry." she sat beside me. 

It triggered me to burst into tears and she immediately hugged me. 

"Bomi-ah" I cried. Her arms tightened around me like she's taking all my pain away. 

"I don't think I'm good enough. I can't make them stay. I'm the worst leader." I broke down.

"Shhh. Unnie. Sometimes, people choose another path not because they want to leave others behind but it's just they have their own dreams." she wiped my tears.

"And sometimes, we just don't have that same dream." she whispered.

"It's hard for her to leave too Unnie. But she's brave to get her dream. We should do it too Unnie." she looked at me. 

Bomi is always the one beside me during my break downs. I don't know how but she knows me well. I act tough in front of the members but when I'm with Bomi, she made me drop the walls. She made me show how fragile I am with every situation. 

But she never forget to say that I am the best leader for her and for the members. 

Bomi stayed by my side since then. When Apink received so much love, she always looked at me proudly. The members tend to hugged me and say thank you for being the best leader.

From Nonono-Mr. Chu-Luv-Remember era we reached our peak and gained a lot. I can see how the members are so happy and I am re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter