Chapter 11 - Darkness

Fool Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After the music video filming, Apink members continue in practicing the choreography for their promotions.

The following weeks will be tough for them since they will start promoting in variety shows and start of their official comeback with one and six.

Naeun's pov.

I was resting and eating some snacks from that exhausting dance practice. My neck hurts a bit because of my lack of exercise when I saw an unnie walking towards me.

I tried escaping because I'm too lazy to talk but too late, she already sat beside me and throw a pain relief patch on me.

"How did you know?" I curiously asked. But she didn't mind.

"Thank you." I shyly said.

"Finally!!! The words I wanted to hear!!" she clapped overactingly and I just can't help but laughed and hit her endlessly.

"Yahh, I'm still your unnie." the main dancer groaned.

"Just admit that you can't help yourself but to stare at me to notice it. Don't worry unnie I won't mind." I playfully said and she just pouted and about to stand up when I stopped her.

"Please stay, I'm bored." wait. Did I just said that I'm lazy to talk? Well it's Bomi unnie.

"So I'm just an option cause you are bored? Really, you made it sound like you had no choice nangni!!" she complained. I just laughed with her sillyness.

One of the reason why I want to stay with her. She's easygoing and bright. Just like the old times.

The difference is that her smile can no longer be seen in her eyes.

----

Without any idea that two pair of eyes were observing them. The main dancer and the visual continued in mocking each other and laughing non stop.

"Since when they became that close." the main vocal uttered looking at them without knowing that her stare became a glare.

Beside her is the leader who was looking at the same sight but compare to the other, it looked like she doesn't care.

----

Eunji's pov.

I'm aware that Rong unnie and I were staring or rather glaring to those two who have their own world on the side.

Unlike me, the leader has a blank expression. Well, I'm not surprised cause I know how good she is... on pretending.

I tried my best to ignore them and focus on watching our music video which will be released the week after next.

But my eyes keeps betraying me. I suddenly felt salty when Naeun lean her head to Bbom's shoulder. Only to hear the leader breathe heavily.

"You okay unnie?" I asked her.

"Totally fine." she shortly responded.

Since our debut days, I always adored Rong unnie for being diligent. She woke up early just to take care of us. She never treated us as members but her own family.

I know that my bestfriend like her since she laid her eyes on her but because she's being considerate of my feelings, she suppressed her own.

Flashback~~

While in practice of our title song, I can't help but to stare to our leader, she's really cute and I just find her really amusing.

I'm beside with my bestfriend who was learning the lyrics carefully because she was a lyrics pabo.

She used to forget her own lyrics but I believe that it's just because she's nervous.

"She's really cute." before I prevent it, my own mouth already betrayed me.

"Who? The visual?" she casually asked.

"Nope. The leader." I said while still staring at the leader but I saw in my peripheral vision the surprised reaction of the one beside me.

Immediately followed by a blank expression the moment I look at her.

"I'm jealous on how close you are." I said blatantly without considering how she will react.

"Yah. Don't say that. She's close to everyone of us." she scolded.

"Don't worry I'll help you to get closer to unnie." she said which made me smile widely.

"Of course. That's what bestfriends are for." she winked.

"Ewww, you're gross." I hit her. And she just laughed.

"Okay everyone breaktime is done, let's get back to our business." the leader shouted.

"Yes, Unnie." I stand with so much energy and walked towards the leader to continue the practice.

And by looking at the mirror, I saw how Bomi's smile suddenly fade away.

End of flashback~~

A glance of guilt hits me. Bomi had been always considerate to me since the beginning and now I am killing her on my mind just because she's having fun to my Naeun.

My Naeun. Well, she used to be mine. No, I believe she's still mine.

I should be happy at least that they got closer again. After I ruined their friendship.

Flashback~~

After Bomi gave way for me to be closer with our unnie. She became close with another member, Naeun.

She distance herself to the leader for me to gain unnie's attention.

I'm aware of the pain she had whenever I am requesting for a quality time with unnie, in which she had to give excuses to leave us alone.

I don't know what is going on with me but when Naeun put her attention to Bomi the most. I had this hidden annoyance to my bestfriend.

Without knowing that I'm already building a hidden competition with my own bestfriend.

Bomi is a charmer without even trying. She can easily gets close to whoever she likes to be with because of her easygoing personality plus her charm in dancing.

I am annoyed with the fact that I can't get the same attention that Rong unnie gave to Bomi. Without knowing it, I'm already trying to steal Naeun's attention from her.

Selfish. That is what I am.

But as time passed by, I realized that something is weird about me. I don't just trying to steal the attention but I'm trying to steal her heart.

A moment of realization hits me that while I'm trying this unhealthy one sided competition with my bestfriend.

That I'm falling for Naeun.

How my heart flutters whenever she chose to be with me.
How my heart aches when she chose Bomi.
How jealous I am whenever she's smiling because of other people.

I'm aware that she's interested with Bomi and vice versa. What held them back is the dating ban. Of course we can't date our own member and we're still rookies. We can't have this kind of scandal.

This time, I compete with Bomi again.

This time, I compete not because of the competitor but because of the price.

There are times when you know that you have no chance to win but you still fight just because you want to give a fair competition.

I went to the playground and cried my heart out. I know that I will lose. But now I feel guilty.

"I'm sorry Bomi. I'm really sorry." I uttered while crying. Without knowledge that Bomi followed me because she's worried.

"Yahh, what's the problem? Please spill it. You're making me worried." she hugged me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter