Chapter 16 - Promotion

Fool Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As their one and six album had been released, the girls were already packed up with busy schedules.

Chorong tried her best to set aside personal things and focused on their comeback instead. One of the reason why Apink members adore her so much as a leader.

One of the million reasons why they chose to resigned the contract.

Flashback~~

Hayoung and Namjoo were the first members to arrive in the meeting room. All of their managers were already there seriously discussing about things.

Even if they tried to pretend tough. The fear in their chest were trying to take over.

Naeun and Eunji entered the meeting room, both in their straightface, expecting that something bad will happen on that day.

The managers continued their discussion on the other table while the four of them sat in silence waiting for the last two members to start their meeting.

The meeting will be about deciding if they will renew their contract or not.

The tension already filled the room when Bomi entered. But same with the other members, she walked straight to her seat with a face showing nothing but her blank expression.

While waiting for the most important person to secure the meeting which is their leader, Hayoung failed to keep the fear to herself.

"I'm not ready if today will be the end of all of these." She sadly stated. The other member gasped, while trying to give the maknae a comforting look.

"Everything will turned out okay." Eunji tried to calm the maknae who's on the edge of crying. Eunji's too focused on Hayoung that she failed to see how Bomi looked at the two of them with so much guilt in her eyes.

"If I had just made it right from the beginning." Bomi thought as Naeun slowly pat her back trying to comfort the older.

Minutes passed and the CEO entered the room. Behind him was their leader, following him with her heads down.

"I will not beat around the bush anymore. This meeting is important for all of us here." the CEO said as he got all of the people's attention in the meeting room.

"As of now, Apink is approaching to their 7th year and we know the 7 year jinx right?" the ceo continued and everyone nodded and keep their mouth shut.

"A term coined because groups have often disbanded in their seventh year." Chorong answered while still beside the ceo.

"We already discussed this with your managers after your only one era. We can't deny the fact that you were overshadowed by the rookie groups. And of course, Bomi's we got married." the members gasped in surprised that the topic popped out.

"Not a great help when it comes to the relationship between the members." the CEO gave a meaningful look to their leader but still proceed with his agenda.

Chorong started distributing the folders having the papers needed to be signed incase they will choose to continue.

"Your comeback with five era was a success. Well, not much but it's more successful than your only one era. And I think that it's just part of the 7 year jinx. Maybe for me. I saw how you guys tried to recover that time. And I really appreciate your efforts." the CEO stated.

"Those are the papers for renewal of contract. I'm sorry that I made it earlier. I just wanted to be ready." He continued. He is tough but it is clearly seen that he is sad by the thought of ending the group.

"For the managers, please follow me to the next room. And Chorong, please lead. I'll give you time to discuss things." the CEO left with their managers which leave the 6 of them in that room.

They talked about their ability to stay as a group. There were a lot of things to consider that time.

Maybe someone wanted to spend her time with her family after being a trainee and idol for almost a decade
Maybe someone wanted to live a normal life
Maybe someone already wanted to get married
Maybe someone wanted to pursue being solo
Maybe someone has other dream to pursue now
Maybe someone was already unhappy being an idol, or worst being an apink
Maybe someone wanted to focus on acting

Or maybe someone wanted to end her pain of rejection
Or that someone wanted to get rid of that guilt

But.....

There is this one phrase. The only phrase that matters.

"Let's do this. Just trust me." their leader said.

And that's enough for all the members to resigned the contract for another 3 years.

Without hesitation...

Hearing that their leader wanted to do it. Made them want to do it too.

As they saw how Chorong let each one of them shine, leaving herself at the end of that line. They saw how their leader smiled at them proudly whenever each one of them gained something.

In their years of being together, no one attempted to steal the spotlight. They shine in their own way. Naeun and Eunji may have more individual schedules and can managed to be on their own, still they chose to be with Apink.

It's not the career anymore.
It's not being workmates anymore.
It's now about friendship and trust.

They may have their individual projects now but putting their team before everything else is what made them stronger.

Their group is already on that point where they trusted each other that much. And their friendship and bond made them together.

End of Flashback~~~

As the one and six album had been released, it received so much love from the public. The different image that Apink showed hyped the fans locally and internationally.

It takes on a very interesting mature concept, which is proving to be successful.

Fans were really surprised the moment they started promoting in music shows.

Apink proved theirselves again, having a catchy background vocals and interesting verses.

The title song lyrics proved the girl's flexibility to adapt theirselves to a different concept. Not to in with what is trending but to show the mature side of them.

The lyrics has just a simple message. Losing interest in relationship and sick of that love.

Apink started their promotion by participating a lot in variety shows. As a group, unit or even individual, they can managed theirselves well.

They were already packed up with a lot of schedules. Music shows, variety

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter