Chapter 21 - Again

Fool Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apink stayed together for a long time. But this year, they chose to live together with their families. The maknae line stayed in their own home since it's near to the company while the unnie line needed to find an apartment for theirselves.

Of course, all of us will choose to stay in our own home. Staying with our families.

Maybe we have a different concept of home. For some it's a place, for some it's a feeling and for others it's a person. Maybe our concept of home changed as we grow old but as for now.

Bomi wanted to stay with someone who feels easy to be with. Someone she's comfortable with. Someone who can make her laugh and cry whenever she needs to. Someone who can simply take care of her. Someone that would encourage her to work hard and be better.

First thought will be with family. But since she's far away from them, she needs to find her home.

Wondering why she couldn't even find one, she realized that she's not finding a house, a mansion or a condo unit.

She found herself wanting to stay with a specific person.

Bomi's concept of home is Chorong.

Because home is not just a home for Bomi. It's Chorong. Because going home means being with the leader.

The comfort of knowing that she had someone to return to when going home.

Knowing that she's not alone. It became Bomi's energy, knowing that going home means going to Chorong.

Living with the leader since pre debut days. Being roommates when assigned.

Being roommates even in voluntarily.

The memories, time, and happiness they had shared together can't be neglected. Because of all people, Chorong had been the one who's been with her all the time.

Those memories of debuting together, comeback together, practicing together. Talking before going to sleep. Eating together. Just simply being together 24/7. They gained a lot of memories.

Chorong is that one person that Bomi knows the most but she still long for that comfortable secured feeling that she knows she only have it with the leader.

Despite of being with the one she always had and always cared of, Bomi found herself wishing for her... Longing for her... Every single day.

She never knew the exact moment that she fell inlove. All she knew is that she held the leader's hand and she realized how much it's going to hurt when she let it go.

Whether she's clingy, needy, independent, annoying her to death waking up in the morning, it doesn't matter as long as it's her

That when the incident happened of distancing herself from the leader. She found herself losing, drowning in the front of the crowd while performing.

She never felt suffocated in front of the crowd until she lost the leader.

She was tired... Really tired of the pain that the world gives. It's just too much. Sometimes, she just wanted to quit.

The same feeling of losing her own home and needing to find it again.

The incident of knowing the fact that Chorong is already on someone else arms. Only to be slapped by the direct words from Changsub that it's not true.

"We are not dating. We never did."

Bomi felt like she's a fool.... Again.

She tried to stop referring Chorong as home. How can it be called home when she's feeling unwelcomed whenever she went there just because of that false rumor.

Knowing that Chorong didn't even deny the dating rumor surrounding the company just to protect her only worsen Bomi's guilt.

She ruined the leader when all Chorong did was to save her.

It felt like a fraud... She felt so stupid.

-----

Bomi found herself in front of their apartment. Hesitating to enter or not, she would lift her hand to enter the passcode only to end up putting it down again.

She almost ran away.

Almost...

But isn't it what she's been doing for almost a year?

Running away from confrontation... From the truth...

But still, her body won't respond of what her mind is saying, she slowly typed the passcode of the door and entered the quiet apartment.

She slowly walked inside. Eyes wandering. Searching for a specific person which she found sitting on the living room.

Just exactly how she left. She found her sitting on the same couch, same position.

Chorong was busy with her notebook, writing some lyrics....

After several times of fighting with her ownself. Bomi walked towards the living room, occupying the vacant seat beside the leader.

Just as how cliche it might be. Everything is just difficult before you start.

There are so many things that Bomi wanted to say that it crumpled on her mind that she can't even spit a single word this time.

She's afraid that the moment she would open , she might stutter. She might cry and her voice will crack.

Afraid that words that will come out on will be all wrong.

"Uhmm..." she leaned her back to the couch. Relaxing herself when the leader passed her the notebook.

"I wrote a song." the leader stated with a blank emotion. Even her voice sounded cold for Bomi.

"For the next comeback?" the younger asked.

"No."

Then a silence settled over them increasing the tension that Bomi felt the moment she entered the house.

She held the notebook with her sweaty, nervous hands. Eyes wandering everywhere, avoiding a certain spot.

Can't believe that I'm a fool again
I thought this love would never end,
How was I to know?
You never told me
Can't believe that I'm a fool again,
And I who thought you were my friend,
How was I to know?
You never told me

Bomi scanned the song, it already has the first and second verse then the chorus. She's actually focusing more on the song's structure rather than the lyrics because it's tearing her apart.

All this time, she's too busy with her own pain that she didn't see the other side.

"Can you write a short bridge? I want to end that song." the leader said without looking.

"It's tiring." Chorong added.

Bomi scanned the lyrics once again. She feel like it's all directed to her. How ironic that she's accusing the leader of fooling her but at the end of the day it's the other way around.

About the pain and the tears
Ooh, If I could,
I would, turn back the time

That's the only thing that she can write. Maybe that summarized all the things she wanted to say.

Seeing the additional lyrics that she wrote. The leader bursted into tears. Like how everyone had a breaking point, it's the leader's turn to... The leader broke down crying while hitting Bomi helplessly.

Every emotion that both of them are trying to shove down resurfaced all at once.

"You are so annoying... How stupid are you... liar." the leader uttered while still hitting.

All Bomi did was to hug her tightly.

With tears continuously falling in her eyes, Chorong looked at her and said.

"You know what, I've been slapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter