Retracing

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

A few days slowly turns into a week, although everyday seem to be a circle like routine but everyday is peaceful. Although it has only been a week or so but I felt like I’ve become a part of their lively family. Not a day have I felt lonely or out of place, I wish that I can live with them forever. Also, Sesshomaru and I seem to be getting to understand each other better, I’ve come to tolerate some of his replies. In a sense, he’s almost like an older brother figure. I’ve come to understand him beyond his cold exterior, he’s very caring. Being with Sesshomaru once in a while just seem to balance out the endless circle routine days, I feel grateful for him to spend time with me. In no time, 2 weeks almost comes to an end, the lingering despair that I have felt of the relationship between Naraku and I have slowly faded day by day, he’s just a part of my memories as of now, beautiful memories. One day I’m out in the fields with Kagome, the sun is shining down onto the rows of vegetables, the mountains stands tall in the distance and the birds fly in unison. After working in the field for about two hours or so, I stand up an stretch. The sweet smell of the late spring breeze fills my senses, I close my eyes and took in the moment.

“You seem to be back to your usual self again_______.” I hear Kagome say from behind me.

I turn to look at her, her big brown eyes are beautiful under the bright sunlight. Her cheerful smile is always an energy boost, her personality is what makes her loveable.

“Remembering who you are is important isn’t it? You don’t want to lose yourself no matter what, and lately I’ve come to adjust to this place and with the people. It’s only natural that I should be cheerful again, for my own sake and for the people around me.” I reply.

“I’m glad to hear that, it’s true we have all come to see you as a younger sister. Also it seems that you’re on good terms with Inuyasha’s brother, Sesshomaru.” Kagome says.

“Well… He and I didn’t start off on a good note.” I say with a laugh.

“I realized that, because of Naraku and the injury that you sustained from Sesshomaru.” She says.

“Well I don’t hold anything against him, I mean I suppose I understand why because Naraku was a dangerous demon in his past life. Sesshomaru and I have come to an understanding after talking to each other a few times. In a way, I see him almost like an older brother figure. He’s a bit aloof and emotionless at times but I think I’ve adapted to it.” I say to her.

Kagome’s eyes slightly widens in surprise, but then shows me a smile.

“A brother figure, that’s a surprise, I wonder what Sesshomaru sees you as. Glad to see Sesshomaru has a soft side for another person besides Rin. How are you feeling towards this Naraku situation?” Kagome asks me.

I take a deep breath and look back up at the sky, I squint at the bright natural light that illuminates the world around and allowing me to see. I sigh and let out a nostalgic smile.

“ I seem to have accepted everything, I’m moving forward. I’ll always hold Naraku dear to me even though he has hurt me emotionally. I realized what I was getting myself into, but I just wasn’t prepared for the ending.” I tell her.

“Being in love is not our fault, but we have to be prepared for whatever the outcome will be. I think you’re doing very well_________. If there is a chance that you and Naraku could fall in love again, would you?” She asks me.

Fall in love again? Have I fell out of love to begin with? I don’t think I have, but I kind of understand what Kagome is asking me.

“If there’s a chance that Naraku and I will ever meet up again, I want to find out about his true feelings, I want to catch up on everything that we’ve missed if possible. Although deep down I still love him, but I have to digest everything that has happened and slowly bring that flame back to it’s full brightness…If things work out.” I say closing my eyes.

“Understandable, I’m glad to hear that you still have that persistent side to you. Although Naraku was our enemy, but I suppose if things ever work out, I should at least try to see the him now for myself. See why you fell in love with a demon like him.” Kagome says standing up with stretch.

“Thanks Kagome.” I reply her with a nod.

A day slowly goes by and the second day arrives, tomorrow eventually becomes today. I wake up to the morning sun shining into my hut, I sit up and stretch. Looks like it’s another beautiful day. I change into my red kimono and head out. I wash up and head out to the hut to meet up with everyone for breakfast. Like usual, we talk like family and it’s the warmest feeling ever.

“Since we have taken care of the field yesterday, there’s not much to do today. Are you planning on doing anything today_______?” Sango asks me.

“ I don’t know, I’m thinking of taking a walk around the land. Sesshomaru has taken me on a small tour around the area, only close by though. So I kind of want to go out a little bit further and admire the beauty of this place.” I say with a smile.

“Sesshomaru? Since when did you and him get along so well?” Inuyasha asks me with slight surprise.

Here we go again, looks like I’m going to have to explain the “we didn’t get along well in the beginning.” for like the...third, fourth time? I lost count.

“ They had time to get familiar with one another.” Kagome jumps in before I explain myself again.

She glances at me and we smile at each other and laugh.

“Familiar eh?” Miroku says with a smile.

“I don’t think she meant by that kind of familiar.” Shippo says with a slight disgust in his voice.

Rin lets out a slight giggle. I think I’m catching on to Miroku’s statement.

“No, it’s not like that. Sesshomaru and I we’re just friends, I guess I could say that we are like brothers and sisters in a way, a bit of hostility but I suppose it’s kind of like Inuyasha and I.” I say with a laugh.

After breakfast, I head out to the flower field again, I suppose I kind of have to since it’s on the way of exiting the village. The late spring breeze blows from behind me almost as if to push me forward towards my day. After walking on the familiar road, I finally come upon the land filled with the flower residents. The sunlight fills my vision and it is peaceful. I sigh and walk around the edge of the flowers. Although the flowers are beautiful, but the scents does not reach me. How I wish that I can smell the overwhelming sweet scent of the enchanted flower field again, I know it may bring back memories again but I can’t help but think that it will help me feel slightly better over the situation. As I walk with my mind slowly trailing off, a sudden breeze blows across the area once again. I turn around and I see the graceful demon in white, the magenta stripes on his cheeks defining his flawless appearance.

“Sesshomaru! What are you doing here?” I shout at him slightly.

His golden eyes looks so vivid and bright under the translucent sunlight.

“I could ask you the same thing.” He replies.

“Like usual, I’m just taking a breather, except this time I want to go out and explore further.” I say stretching my arm.

“ I caught your scent while flying above, since you feel like exploring, I suppose I could take the time to walk around to kill time.” Sesshomaru responds.

“Kill time? You have a very interesting choice of words. Well since you’re here, mind if I join you?” I ask him.

Sesshomaru looks at me, his facial expression looks soft and calm, quite different than how he usually is. We look at each other for a few seconds, then I see a slight tug at the edge of his lips. Without saying anything, he slowly turns around, after getting to know his personality better, I understand that I can follow him. I jog up to him and walk slightly behind him, his long white hair and fur swaying behind him.

“Do you have any plans on where you want to go?” I ask him.

“No…do you?” He asks me.

I thought about it, and I remember my earlier thoughts.

“Do you know about a place that has enchanted flowers?” I ask Sesshomaru.

“Enchanted flowers? Alluring Field?” He asks me.

“Uhm I have no idea what the name of the field is but it’s really beautiful.” I say with a smile.

“It’s the only flower field that is enchanted around this land. If you want to go, I’ll take you there.” Sesshomaru replies.

“You will?” Thanks Sesshomaru!” I reply with great happiness.

“Hold on tight.” Sesshomaru says slightly bending down.

“You want me to get on your back?” I ask him confused.

“Do you prefer walking there? It’s about half a day away, but about an hour or two if we’re travelling my way.” Sesshomaru says.

“Ah… makes sense. Thanks.” I reply with a nod.

I then stand on my toes and wrap my arms around his neck, the fur on his shoulder brushes against my skin. It’s so soft and furry like a fur of a real dog, I realized just how tall Sesshomaru is, I feel like a kid compared to him in height. When Sesshomaru returns to his normal stance and I’m slightly lifted off the ground, I hold on tight. His silk soft white hair brushes against my cheek and it tickles. Without a second to waste, he lunges forward and he dashes off towards the long road opposite to the village. As he picks up speed he then jumps up into the sky, I let out a surprised gasp. The once soft breeze has turned into a full blown out wind that is hitting against my face. I shut my eyes at the sudden change of gravitation, but as the wind slightly died down and becomes softer again, I open my eyes. Sesshomaru and I are surrounded in sky blue, in fact, we’re in the sky now. Sesshomaru’s hair floats in the endless space. Such beauty, I remember when Naraku took me to the enchanted flower field. We flew in the air as well, it was the most amazing feeling, being able to feel this again is nostalgic, except this time it’s with Sesshomaru. With the soft wind caressing me, I slowly doze off. When I regain my consciousness again, I feel my body slowly becoming lighter. I open my eyes as I realize that we’re descending onto the ground again, Sesshomaru gracefully lands onto the vibrant green grass without a sound. I feel my weight taking over me once again due to the gravity.

“We’re here.” Sesshomaru says.

“Thanks for the trip.” I say as I let go of the hold around his neck.

I look around the open field, I don’t see any flower fields in sight though.

“Where is the flower field?” I ask Sesshomaru.

“We’ll have to walk a bit to get there. Let’s go.” He replies as he begin to walk towards the said flower field.

“Oh? Why didn’t we just land at the flower field?” I ask him.

“It’s repelling.” He replies.

“Repelling? I’m not quite catching on...” I ask him slightly confused.

“I’m a dog demon.” He simply says.

“Yes I know you and Inuyasha are dog demo... oh...” I say realizing what he’s trying to get at.

Dogs’ sense of smell are very sensitive. Since the field is an enchanted flower field, the smell of the flowers are enhances and more strong. It might be nauseating and overwhelming for a demon like Sesshomaru who has canine blood running through him.

“Ahh I see now. Well since we’re going to this Alluring Field, can you tell me about its history?” I ask him.

Sesshomaru shifts his head slightly and his amber eyes meets mine, his pupils look like slits, they are captivating. He looks slightly irritated but then looks forward again.

“Centuries ago, it was said that a butterfly demon named, Fujin was being chased by a group of cat demons, she eventually came upon this flower field. It was a normal flower field, but in order to protect herself: she placed a spell on the flower bed which enhanced the scent of each and every flower until it reached across half of the field. Since cats’ senses are acute and sensitive, the overwhelming scent of flowers prevented them from coming around the area. Fujin escaped but the spell was never lifted, thus the scent remained forever. The scent is nauseating and overwhelming to demons with acute senses but are tolerable to humans, it was then a human who found this field and then named it the Alluring Field due to its sweet aroma.” Sesshomaru explains to me calmly.

Wow... so that’s why it’s so aromatic, It’s so enlightening. I’m also grateful to Sesshomaru for telling me, because his personality upon first encounter gave me that impression of coldness.

“Thanks Sesshomaru.” I say to him.

I turn to look at him, He’s still walking calmly forward, his silk white hair swaying behind him and his gaze focused towards the direction that we’re walking to. I smile, although he doesn’t respond much, but I know he’s a good demon at heart. After a little while, I turn to look at Sesshomaru again, I can see his brows slightly creasing together as he furrows his forehead. I can slightly smell the sweet scent of flowers.

“Are we nearing?” I ask him.

“Yes, it’ just up ahead, I’ll have to stop here, any further and I won’t be able to stand it.” Sesshomaru says stopping.

“I didn’t realize that a great demon like you had weaknesses.” I say with a slight laugh.

Sesshomaru’s amber eyes turns to look at me, he looks slightly annoyed, I let out a small giggle. I rub my palms together almost like an apology gesture. I turn forward and squinted my eyes, in the distance I can see a patch of colours. I realize it’s the flower field, it seems pretty far away, guess Sesshomaru’s senses are pretty reliable.

“I’ll go ahead then?” I ask him.

Sesshomaru doesn’t say anything, he just looks at me. Then he shifts his head slightly, like a gesture saying, go ahead. I smile and I turn back towards the direction of the flower field. I lift my kimono up slightly and I begin to run towards the field. The wind picked up and the sweet scent of flowers slowly becomes more evident and strong. After about a few seconds of running. I finally stop at the edge of the field, I stand on the green grass and inhale and exhale trying to catch my breath. The almost afternoon sun shines down on the beautiful flowers, my senses are filled with the sweet smell. After catching my breath I step into the flower field, as I do, the memories comes flowing back. It was the day before Naraku ended everything with me. He was sweet, he knew that I loved flowers so that he took me here. It showed that he cared about me, what I liked and what I wanted. I just don’t understand why, why did it end like this. I graze my fingertips along the velvet soft petals of the enchanted flowers, I feel the slight aching in my chest as the memories rushes through me. I sigh. Although it is painful, the place is relaxing and serene, I’m glad I’m able to come here again. I close my eyes and turn around, I feel the world slightly spinning as I turned. When I have turned around, I open my eyes. The sunlight hits my vision once again, and in the distance I see Sesshomaru still standing at the place, no movement at all. His snow white kimono swaying in the gentle breeze, I shouldn’t make him stand there for too long. After giving the field one more look, I walk back to where Sesshomaru is.

“Thanks for waiting for me and dealing with my childish excitement.” I say to him with a laugh after approaching him again.

“I’m use to it.” He replies.

The two of us walk away from the field and to another area, there were a few trees around the open field. It reminds me of the place where the cherry blossom resides in, Sesshomaru walks up to a tree and sits down onto the ground and leans back against the tree trunk. I smile, I suppose the two of us could use a rest. I walk up to the same tree, sit down beside Sesshomaru on his right and lean against the hard trunk. I look up at the sky, the soft clouds little by little moves across the baby blue space. I’m beginning to feel slightly drowsy.

“Why did you want to come to this place?” Sesshomaru suddenly asks me.

I’m taken by surprise by the sudden question but I smile.

“ Because I’ve been here before with Naraku. He took me to the field the day before he left me. I fell in love with this place because Naraku remembered my love for flowers so that’s why he took me here. I wanted to see this place again, it brought back good memories. Although it was nostalgic, but I’m happy.” I say quietly.

“You miss him that much?” He asks me again.

I look down at my left wrist, the two red bracelets overlaps each other slightly. I exhale with a slight sigh.

“Yes…I just want to understand why… why things ended like this. I may sound selfish, but is it wrong to want to know the truth and what the one you loved truly felt?” I ask him back.

Sesshomaru doesn’t say anything. The quietness of nature slowly lulls my drowsiness back again. I lean my head back against the tree trunk, and I close my eyes.

“Anyway, thanks for today Sesshomaru…” I say to him.

In no time, I feel myself doze off, my balance slightly shifts and my head rests against something soft but sturdy. Something soft and fluffy brushes against my cheek, it was soothing. Although my consciousness is slowly fading away, but Naraku is in my mind. Without knowing, I feel tears slightly coming out of my eyes. I’m so tired of it all that I don’t want to lift my hand to wipe them away. Then with still a bit of lingering consciousness, I feel someone or something wipe them away for me. It reminds me of that “dream” that I had when Naraku glided his finger down my cheek lovingly. Is this Sesshomaru? I then black out. When I come to, the sun is beginning to set, it’s evening now. I slept for the whole afternoon. I lift my head up, my head feels woozy. I turn to look beside me, Sesshomaru is still sitting there.

“You stayed like this the whole time?” I ask him surprised.

“If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be sitting here now would I?” He asks me back.

“You have a point.” I reply with a laugh.

Sesshomaru then stands up and looks out into the distance where the trees lines the edges. I stand up as well and follow his gaze.

“What are you looking at? I ask him.

“Something you wouldn’t expect to see…” Sesshomaru simply says.

He then starts walking, I look out again to the place that he was staring at. I couldn’t see anything besides the trees. I let out a small shrug and followed after Sesshomaru. Since evening is rolling by, we decided to head back. The night breeze surrounds Sesshomaru and I as we flew in the air, I cling to Sesshomaru’s neck and I gaze out into the empty dark space. After about an hour or so, we finally return back to the flower field just outside of the village. Night has officially arrived, the moon is bright and round.

“Thanks again for today Sesshomaru, I hope you had a nice time today as well.” I say to him.

“ We demons don’t have fun, but I suppose it was relaxing in some sense.” I replies.

I smile at his usual cold remark, I can’t help but laugh. Sometimes his coldness and simple replies makes him attractive. I walk up to him and I wrap my arms around his lean waist, I then rest my head against his shoulder fur. I just reach his chest armour spike, so compared to him, I’m pretty short.

“__________….” I hear Sesshomaru say above me with a slight surprised tone.

“Talking to you and spending time with you have been fun and relaxing. I was able to see many things that were beyond what I can see normally. I’m glad I met you.” I tell him.

Sesshomaru doesn’t move or say anything, we just stay like this for a few seconds. Then I feel his left hand gently rests on the top of my head, I slightly shrunk a little at the sudden gesture, but it was nice.

“You better head back now.” Sesshomaru tells me softly.

I let go of him and look back into his amber crystal eyes. They were vivid and vibrant.

“Alright, how about you? Where are you going or doing?” I ask him curious.

“I have some things to take care of, I won’t be coming here for a few days.” He replies.

“Ah… alright then, I hope you can accomplish whatever you’re doing with perfection.” I say showing him a “you can do it” gesture.

Sesshomaru’s brows slightly creases, he looks annoyed again.

“Who do you think I am?” He asks me with an irritated tone.

“Haha… right. Well then goodbye.” I correct myself with a laugh.

Sesshomaru closes his eyes, without another word, he turns and leaves. I watch as his white hair sways side to side in a rhythmic motion, his white kimono flutters in unison to his movements. In no time, he disappears into the trees. I sigh and smile, I suppose I should head back now, I’m glad the day ended on a good note. I return back just into time for dinner with Kagome and the others, Inuyasha and Miroku has just came back as well so perfect timing. I told them what I did today as we told each other about our day. They’re all just glad to see that I’m doing much better and more lively, I am grateful to all of them, every single one of them. As midnight draws near, we all turn in. I enter into my hut, I change out of my kimono and sit down onto my futon.

“What a day, glad I got some time off today.” I say with a sigh and a smile.

I lean back onto my futon and look up at the dark roof that shelters above me. As I reflect on today, I realized that today was actually pretty enjoyable, even though I shed a tear or two, but I was pretty happy and content. I suppose I have Sesshomaru to thank for that, I wonder what he has to take care of.

“I suppose I can go and take a dip tomorrow at the stream.” I say to myself.

I close my eyes and let my mind wonder free into an endless world. I open my eyes to a new day welcoming me by allowing me see the morning sun. I sit up, I wait a few seconds to regain my senses again, another day, another day closer to the end of spring. I change out of my night wear and into my kimono, I go to the big hut for breakfast with everyone. As I entered, Inuyasha is pulling at Shippo’s tail. Shippo is yelling and kicking. Rin and Miroku are playing with Miroku and Sango’s children. Kagome, Lady Kaede, and Sango are helping out with breakfast. Nice way to start of the morning. I quickly step in and greet all of them.

“Morning everyone.” I say.

“Morning________” They all reply with a smile.

“Can I help with anything?” I ask Sango.

“We’re almost done, can you bring these to the table?” Sango asks me.

“Of course.” I reply.

Sango hands me a few plates and I take them to the table. All of us gather and enjoy a nice breakfast, we can hear the birds chirping faintly outside as we have a lively conversation inside.

“Are there things to take care off in the field today?” I ask them.

“Yes, we need to plant in a new row of potatoes, after that, that will be all. We’re practically done with the crops for spring for now.” Sango answers.

As I hear that, I realize just how close spring is coming to an end. After breakfast, everyone carries on with their day. Sango, Kagome, and I head out to the fields to plant the new row of potatoes, Lady Kaede went to the shrine. The morning slowly ticks to the upcoming afternoon in no time, before we know it, the potatoes are planted. We all stress and smile at our hard work, the vast area is beautiful to look at with vegetables and fruits growing from the ground.

“Guess we’re done the chores for today, what are you going to do for the rest of the day?” Kagome asks me.

“I want to take a dip in the stream, to cool myself off a bit.” I tell her with a smile, squinting at the bright sunlight.

“That sounds nice, then you should go right now, it’s the perfect time.” Sango says.

“Do you guys need help with anything else before I go them?” I ask them.

“We’re good. You go and enjoy, be back for lunch time though.” Kagome says with a smile.

I reply with a nod. I grab my towels from my hut and head to the stream. The spring breeze travels with me as I walk along the dirt road, such a beautiful day. After walking a few minutes, I finally arrive at the beautiful stream. The sound of flowing water immediately calms my being, it sounds so relaxing. The trees line the edges giving a place of privacy from the outside world. I change out of my kimono and place it with the towels on a large rock. I place my left leg into the flowing water, the coolness sends shiver down my spine, goosebumps rises on my skin but it feels nice. I then place my other leg into the water and the shiver courses through me again, I then lower my whole body into the water. I wade across the stream and rest body against the rock ledge of the earth, feeling the cool water flow around me and pass me makes me feel like I’m in midair despite being in water. I close my eyes and relax my body and let the moment carry me away. I don’t know how long time has passed, but I’m sure 20 minutes or so at least. And in that 20 minutes, my mind was completely free. I guess I should go back now, I should probably go and help out Kagome and Sango with lunch. I open my eyes slowly, my senses are slightly hazy, I probably dozed off somewhere along the way. I look at the sunlight reflecting on the surface of the clear liquid. I sigh and look up, my eyes slightly widens at what I see in the shadow of the trees. I feel my heart drop and my breath hitches. Am I seeing things? Or is it the sun creating a mirage in front of me?

“Naraku…” The name slips out of my mouth without me knowing.

Although he’s in the distance, but I can still see his features in the shadows perfectly. He’s still wearing the navy blue kimono that I gave him. His black hair merges with the shadows of nature. I can see the faint red of his eyes as he is looking towards me. His expression, his expression looked still and plain, but it contained a hint of sadness. I feel my mind going blank, unable to think of anything else aside from Naraku. He’s standing motionlessly as he looks at me…seemingly. His form and shape looks too vivid to be an illusion, why is he here? The breeze slightly flows through the air, I see Naraku’s hair sway in unison with the wind and the leaves of the trees rustles. I’m convinced that this isn’t an illusion, I quickly wade back to the other side of the stream, I keep my eyes on his form so I won’t lose him. I need to talk to him, and have endless questions to ask him, and I need him to answer me. I pull myself up from the ledge, the small pebbles on the ground digs into my palm slightly as I pull myself up. I rush to grab the towels and my kimono. The cool breeze brushes against my skin making me shiver. As I grab my kimono, I realize that I took my eyes off of Naraku. I look back up towards the trees, he’s gone. I feel a slight despair course through me, heartache making my body feel heavy. I know it’s him, I know he was here. I drape my kimono over my body, put on my sandals and run towards the trees where he was.

“Naraku!” I shout into the trees as I run through them.

By doing this I hope that I can catch him, or at least see him again if he flew away. I run through the whole wooded area while calling his name. In no time, I’m sweating again despite just have taken a dip in the relaxing water. I stop walking and just stop in the middle of the trees, nature surrounds me but I feel lonely all over again. I feel my eyes start to produce tears, but I realized that I shouldn’t feel pity for myself. I need to do something this time. I turn and head back to the village. I go and find Kagome and Sango. I find them in the hut.

“__________ what’s wrong? You look like you just ran across Japan.” Kagome say coming up to me.

“Probably because I feel like I just did. I…I saw Naraku.” I tell her and Sango.

Their expression turns into slight shock. Sango grabs my hand and looks me in the eye.

“Are you sure? Why is he here?”She asks me.

“At least, I think I saw him, it was so vivid, his hair swayed when the wind blew. He disappeared before I can reach him.” I tell them.

“So what are you going to do now_________?” Kagome asks me.

I look at her and Sango, I know what I want to do and I’ll do it.

“I’m going to leave the village for a few days.” I tell them.

“To where? Do you need someone to accompany you?” Sango asks.

“No, it won’t be necessary, it’s something that I need to resolve on my own. I’m going back to he cherry blossom tree, I’m going to wait for Naraku.” I tell them.

“How would you know everything will go as plan? Why would you go there? Since you said that he came here already, why don’t you just wait for him here?” Sango asks me.

I look down at my left wrist, and the vivid color of the bamboo bracelets fills my vision, reminding me of Naraku’s ruby eyes.

“Because I feel that there was a reason that he showed up, the cherry blossom tree was where we first met, knowing him, I believe it’s the place he goes to to find serenity. Also, I like to hold on to that bit of faith. The faith that things will work out. I’m going to leave as soon as possible, I’m sorry for the sudden announcement but it’s something that I must do immediately, or else I feel I’ll need recover this time around.” I say with a bow.

I feel Kagome place a hand on my shoulder, I stand back up and look at her, she has a smile on her face. Her brown eyes looking into mine and giving me the support that I need.

“Then go for it, for your happiness, or just to find that closure, everyone should deserve that opportunity to have those at least. I’ll pack you some food, you go and get ready. Stay safe out there alright?” She says.

“Thanks Kagome.” I say giving Her a nod.

“We’ll let the others know, we’re praying for your happiness.” Sango says giving my shoulder a rub.

“Thanks so much Sango, after I figure everything out, I’ll come right back.” I tell her.

They nod, I then head back to my hut and pack up the two towels. I don’t need much, I head out and back to the hut. Kagome has packed me some food for the trip. After bidding them a temporary farewell, I go and retrieve Boshi from the stables. Boshi has became more beautiful, the hair on his body reflecting the afternoon sunlight beautifully.

“It’s been a while Boshi, I hope you’re ready for another long trip, a trip back to the cherry blossom tree.” I say to him.

I place the saddle on his back and and pull myself onto him, I grab his reigns and turn him into the direction to the exit of the village. Almost a month of waiting, I’m going to bring this to a proper closure once and for all. If it will end well, then let it end well, if it won’t then so be it, at least I have given this another attempt to clear everything up with Naraku. I snap the reigns and Boshi’s hooves picks up immediately, As I head out towards the horizon once again, I feel my heart igniting that persistence that I once possessed as a child but lost along the way.