An Unexpected Turn Of Events

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

"Kagome! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for not recognizing you, it was only after that I saw Inuyasha in the back that I realized." I say hugging her.

"Can't blame you, it's been 12 years since we last met, we've all grown and memories fade over time. Ya, it was all thanks to Inuyasha that smelled out your scent." Kagome says with a laugh.

"Being a dog demon sure has a good sense of smell. Comes in handy I see" I say with a laugh in return.

"Ya, and sometimes there are scents that I wish I could forget. Hey___________." Inuyasha says walking up to us with Miroku and Shippo.

"Hey Inuyasha, Miroku, and nice to see you again Shippo." I say kneeling down to hug Shippo.

"Hey__________, my have you grown, you're even more beautiful than we last saw you." Miroku replies with a smile.

"Good thing Sango isn't here or else she would've smacked you silly." Inuyasha says sighing and crossing his arm.

"Why? Why would Sango smack Miroku?" I ask them giggling.

"Oh, Miroku and Sango are married, they have twins girls and a son." Kagome answers me.

Miroku and Sango married and they have children already? Oh my time sure did fly, I'n so happy for them. From the looks of it, Kagome must be training to become a full priestess, Shippo still tiny but still keeping that cute outer physique. Inuyasha on the other hand, still Inuyasha like.

"Time sure flies, I'm so happy for them. Looks like you're training to become a full priestess." I say to Kagome.

"Yes, I'm still learning but it's coming along. Miroku and Sango aren't the only two married." Kagome says with a smirk.

"Oh, who else?" I ask her.

"Kagome and I are married." Inuyasha answers me.

I look at them surprised, Inuyasha and Kagome are married. Just from knowing them for about a day, they had like different personalities and they argued a lot, didn't thought that they fell in love. But, life is full of surprised. Kagome is a human and Inuyasha is a demon, and they fell in love, just like Naraku and I. Remembering Naraku, about their journey...

"Oh my, I'm so happy for you and Inuyasha. By the way, your journey 12 years ago, how did it go?" I ask them.

"Thanks. It was a long journey, but everything turned out alright." Kagome says.

Oh good, no one got hurt, I feel relieved. I let out a sigh and a smile.

"Glad that everything turned out alright. It's getting late, how about coming over and staying the night?" I ask them.

"We were just passing here after an exorcism job, we're still not sure if we're staying or not. Say, where is Sazanami?" Shippo asks me.

"The next town is pretty far away, it's better to get some rest before setting off again. Ah yea, Saza got married today, she left to live with her husband about an hour ago." I tell them.

"Sazanami got married, that's just great news. Perhaps you got a point, maybe we should stay for a night and set off tomorrow. If it's not too much for you, especially after Sazanami's marriage."Miroku says.

"Oh no, not at all, the house just got a bit empty now that Sazanami is gone, it'll be nice to have some old friends over. Come on follow me." I say leading them back home.

"Feels like old times." Inuyasha says.

The five of us return back to my estate, the sun is starting to set.

"I'm surprised that you're not married yet, you seem to be at the age." Kagome says.

"Yea... I have some things to take care of first, marriage just have to wait a little bit longer." I reply back to her.

"I see, what is something that you would like to do?" She asks me.

I look up at the sky and I think of the possibility of just forgetting my responsibilities.

"I wish I can out and explore without a limit or restraint." I say.

"I see... well perhaps maybe you can come and stay in our village for a while?" Kagome suddenly suggests.

I look at her surprised, oh, is it possible. I am an adult now so I should be able to have some freedom of my own.

"Really? Do you think it's possible?" I ask her with a smile.

"Of course it's fine, but of course, you should confirm it with your parents first." Miroku adds.

"Right." I reply slowly.

We finally arrive at my estate, I welcome them inside and then I go and call my parents. They never met them because they were away that day 12 years prior.

"Father, mother, these are my friends that I met 12 years ago, Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku, and Shippo. Kagome is a learning priestess, Miroku is a monk, Inuyasha and Shippo are... well.. they're special" I say introducing them.

"Hello." The 4 of them greeted them.

My parents looked at them with a slightly surprised expression. They're probably surprised after seeing Shippo and Inuyasha.

"Uh... yes, mother and father, Inuyasha and Shippo are demons, but they are harmless, they're really kind. I mean look at Shippo, isn't he adorable?" I say winking at Shippo hoping that he won't find it offensive.

"Uhm. Yes pardon our staring, please come on in." My mother says with a smile and guiding them to the eating hall since it's practically dinner time.

"Mother, Father, I'd like them to stay with us tonight, they'll be leaving tomorrow." I tell them.

"Of course, I'll ask the maids to prepare you all a room." My father says.

"Thank you for the hospitality." Miroku says with a bow.

The 7 of sit down for dinner, my parents got to know them a bit more, and in no time they were talking as if they've known each for a long time already despite meeting for the first time. I'm happy to see their interaction, it makes me think that if I told them that I fell in love with a demon, they might be alright with it. After dinner, I decided to talk with my parents about going out and staying with Inuyasha and the others.

"Mother, father, can I talk to you?" I ask them.

"Sure thing dear." My mother says.

"I need to talk to them about what we talked about earlier, if you guys are tired, then please rest." I tell Kagome and the others.

"No worries, thank you for the hospitality again." Kagome says.

My parents and I go into my room and we sit down across from each other.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" My mother asks me.

"Mother, father, I want to go out and explore more of the world." I tell them.

"But it's dangerous out there, you can't possibly be going out alone." My mother says furrowing her brow.

"I know the world is dangerous and big, but it shouldn't stop me from experiencing it. I went out by myself before, I travelled for two days just to deliver a parcel for you, father. Fear shouldn't stop me from doing something, thanks to the day that I went out and delivered the parcel, I have found something that I love and cherish. I don't want to lose that, and I don't want to lose the beauty of it just because of fearing of getting hurt." I tell them.

"Since when did you come up with this decision?" My father asks me.

"For a while now, and after seeing Kagome and the others today, seeing how fast time has passed and the changes that has occurred. I don't want to live the rest of my life in this town, it's my childhood home yes, but I need to go out and find the things that I love and want." I tell them.

"_____________..." My mother says quietly.

"I know mother, but eventually you and father are going to have to let me go. Sazanami found her love and is headed off to her future, I need to go out and find my purpose in life and the things that I cherish. After setting Atamashi free, I realize that I need to go further than where I am now to finally reach higher" I tell her taking her hand.

"Knowing how persistent you can be, you're never going to back down. I suppose we do need to realize that our daughter is officially and adult now, she has her choices and path to follow. We as parents should not restrain our children, we should be there to support them. Father and mother feel regretful that we couldn't spend more time with you when you were younger and even till now." My father says.

"It's fine father, you and mother have responsibilities as adults and I understand it. I don't hold any resentment over it, so don't put yourself on the guilt trip. You and mother can finally rest a bit now now that you don't have to travel much anymore. Thank you, thank you for giving me this chance." I say to them.

"You need to take care of yourself alright? Also, where will you be staying? And for how long?" My mother asks me.

Just as I'm about to tell them, a gentle knock  comes from outside of my room.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Pardon us, but it's Kagome." The voice replies.

I smile and stand up, I open the door and Kagome, Inuyasha, and Miroku are outside.

"Sorry to eavesdrop, but we couldn't help but hear your conversation." Kagome says.

"No not at all, I was just about to tell them about staying with you guys." I tell them.

"In that case let us handle it, if you don't mind." Miroku says with a smile.

"Not at all." I reply with a smile.

I let them inside, Miroku and Kagome sit down across from my parents, Inuyasha and I stand together in the back. After a few minutes, the conversation ends.

"Then please look after her while she stays with you." My father says to them.

"We will, don't worry. Goodnight." Miroku bows.

My parents, Kagome, Miroku and Inuyasha all exit out of my room.

"Get some rest dear, you'll be leaving with them tomorrow morning." My mother says.

"I will, thank you again mother and father." I say to them with a bow.

They nod and head off to bed.

"Guess I'll be living with you guys for a while starting tomorrow." I say to Kagome and the others.

"Yep, we have a lot of things to show you in our village. It will be great!" Kagome says.

"Get some rest, we'll be setting off early in the morning." Miroku says.

I nod and bid them goodnight. I begin to pack up some of my belongings that I might need tomorrow. I'm going to stay with Inuyasha and the others for about half a year, it'll be enough time for me to adjust to the outside world, and hopefully I can see Naraku again. I don't want to tell Naraku to my parents yet because, I want to have him here with me when I introduce him to them. I didn't tell Kagome and the others about him because, deep down inside, I feel that if I told them about Naraku, something might happen, something unexpected... After packing up it's almost close to midnight, I change into my night wear and blow out the candles. I then lay down onto my futon and look up at the ceiling that's being lit by the dim moonlight, I sigh.

"I really hope we'll be passing by the forest along the way... I need to see Naraku and let him know. Then again even if I don't meet up with him tomorrow... he can still find me with my scent right?" I think to myself.

I put my hands over my face and I grumble in slight frustration, I miss him, I miss him a lot. I let my mind calm down and I exhale slowly, as the night draws out, I eventually fall asleep. The morning sun shines through my window and warms my face, I stretch and my body tingles. I let out a yawn and sit up, I look out my window and stare at the screen that's blocking my view of the outside world. I stand up and open my window, letting the fresh air come in and waking me up. The bright sunlight fills my vision and I squint slightly, I grab my red kimono and I start to head out the door, I turn to look at my desk. The cherry blossom is still vibrant pink, it's still not wilting.

"Ok I'm convinced that it's a magical tree now." I say with a small laugh.

I open my door and as I put my left hand on the door, my eyes lands on the red bamboo bracelet. I gaze at it lovingly, I hope Naraku is still wearing his. I go and wash up, I put on my kimono and braid a lock of my hair on both side of my head and then into one at the back of my head. I head towards the eating hall, I see my parents, Kagome, Shippo, Inuyasha, and Miroku all sitting at the table.

"Oh, everyone's already up? Good morning." I say greeting them all.

"Good morning." The 6 of them reply back to me.

We eat breakfast with a conversation, but we kept in mind to finish up quickly so we can head off. Half an hour passes, and we finally finish. I return to my room to grab my belongings, I brought both of my big towels with me just in case. When I finish getting all of my stuff, I walk up to my desk and pick up the blossom. It's still soft but firm, it looks fresh still and not tender and wilted. I smile as I look at it, I then tuck it into my kimono just over my heart. I quickly head outside, my father and mother are talking to Inuyasha and the others, they each have a small bundle with them. Knowing my parents and housemaids, they probably packed a lot of food. I see one of our groundskeeper coming over with Boshi.

"Are you ready to go?" My father asks me.

"Yes, you and mother have to take care." I tell him.

"We will, you just have to look out for yourself, and look after each other." My mother says hugging me.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of____________, we're like siblings almost." Kagome says with a smile.

I smile in response. My father nods. With a final goodbye, Kagome and I hop onto Boshi with Kagome behind me, Shippo hops onto Boshi as well. Apparently Miroku can run pretty fast without getting tired that easily, and Inuyasha can dash pretty fast and can keep on running for a long time as well. We head out of town, and I realize that we're heading towards the road that I go to visit Naraku. After exiting the town, we head off into the horizon, the sun shining down on us and the birds races against us. With a snap of the reigns, Boshi gallops off along the dirt road, Inuyasha and Miroku dashes besides Kagome, Shippo and I. My hair flies around me and I can feel Kagome holding onto my shoulders tightly, I feel so excited and happy, excited for this journey and happy that I might be able to see Naraku. Knowing the road already, we're most likely going to stop by the forest when night falls. Hours passes, we stopped to rest, we ate lunch and stopped to look around the beautiful nature.

"How long is the trip home?" I ask Kagome.

We're all walking at this point, we've rode on Boshi all afternoon so it's nice to walk a bit.

"It's about two days and a half, almost three days." Kagome replies.

"I see, the day has been long but it was absolutely nice to stop once in a while and just take in the moment." I say looking at the setting sun.

"Have you gone out this far before?" Shippo asks me.

"Yes I have, but I had a destination to get to within a certain time frame, so I couldn't stop and admire the beauty as much as I wanted to. It's only when night falls that I can finally stop and take in the beauty in the darkness." I tell him.

"Well, don't worry, you're going to have a lot of opportunities to go out and enjoy." Miroku says.

"I notice you're wearing a bracelet, it looks interesting, also it looks like a bracelet that came in two." Kagome says looking at my left wrist.

"Oh yea, it is a bracelet that came in a pair of two, I gave the other half to someone else." I tell her.

"Hmm, is this person a friend? Or someone you love?" She asks me with a smile.

I know that I don't need to tell them about who he is, especially his identity, but I can at least tell them who he is to me right? I look at Kagome and I smile.

"He's someone that I love dearly. Very much." I tell her.

Kagome smiles and nods. Just like I predicted, we arrive at the forest when night falls. We set up camp after walking into the forest, I help them set up and tie Boshi to the tree. After setting up, they begin to cook some dinner and bringing out some stuff that my parents packed. I look out towards the forest that I'm so familiar with now, Naraku is here, and I'm finally back. I want to go and see him, and that's what I'll do. I go to Boshi and untie the towels that I've brought with me, and go over to Inuyasha and the others. The fire is crackling and lighting up the area around us in bright orange and white.

"I'm going to walk around for a bit, I haven't been here for a long time so I'm just going to get familiar with this place again. There's a place that I want to visit, so I'll be back as soon as I can." I tell them.

"Oh alright, be careful out there especially when it's dark out." Kagome says.

"Try to be back before we finish dinner." Inuyasha says pulling on Shippo's tail.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. See you guys later." I say to them.

I turn and go into the heart of the forest, the fire slowly dims as I head in deeper. My heart begin to race, thinking that I might be able to see Naraku again fills me with happiness. Without knowing, my feet begin to carry me to the cherry blossom tree that is standing beautifully upon natural heaven. I see fireflies slowly appearing and I know I'm getting close, the trees starts to diminish and finally, I see the vast open land once again. Fireflies lights up areas around me, the Cherry Blossom Tree is standing majestically and still in full bloom. Under the moonlight I can see a figure standing beneath the tree looking up at the flowers, his long black hair sways in the night breeze. I know right away who it is, and slight tears of happiness form at the rims of my eyes. Without another second to waste I begin to run across the field, my hair flies behind me. I can hear my heart pounding in my ears, but the only thing that I can think of is Naraku. As I run, the tall grass rustles beneath me, as I near him, Naraku slowly turns around. I can see his ruby red eyes slowly glistening under the moonlight, as he sees me, I can see a gentle smile forming on his face. He then opens his arm, with just mere centimeters between us I throw my arms around Naraku's strong waist and hug him. Naraku wraps his arms around me and rests his face against my temple. I'm ecstatic at the moment, an intense rush of happiness fills me, I'm finally with Naraku again and I can feel his warmth.

"I've missed you so much, thank goodness you're still here." I say quietly.

"I promised that I'll be here waiting did I not? I sensed your presence so I came here and waited. I've missed you too my love." Naraku says my hair.

I look up at him, his fair skin reflecting the moonlight and his eyes are vivid. I've missed holding him, looking at his red eyes, and hearing his voice. I stand up on my toes and kiss him, his lips are soft and warm like how I remember them. Naraku's lips caresses mine back, his hand finds mine and we entwine our fingers together. After a few seconds, we pull apart.

"You're not here alone, someone else is with you?" He asks me, his voice still calm as ever.

"Yes, I'll be staying with them for a while, we happen to pass this area, we set up camp here so I came here to find you. How have you been?" I ask him touching his soft face.

"I see, thank you for coming here to see me. I've been good and hopefully you've been well too?" He replies.

"I'm fine. Of course I would come here to see you, you're the one I love." I tell him looking into his eyes.

Naraku smiles and leans down to kiss me again, I take in this moment of happiness that I've missed. The two of us then sit down and I tell him everything that has happened in the past few days, I lay the blanket over us just like before. Without knowing, half an hour has passed. I told him where I am going and ask him if he can come find me so that we can spend time together more.

"Of course I will, I'll find you even if it's to the end of this world, no matter how long." Naraku says touching my face.

I feel an overwhelming of happiness, and you know that I will too Naraku. I look at his wrist that is exposed and his red bracelet is still around his wrist, I smile and touch it.

"You're still wearing it." I say quietly.

"Of course, the love of my life has given it to me so I'll treasure it, it's the symbol that connects our fates." Naraku answers.

I smile and nod, knowing it's time for me to go, I stand up and Naraku follows.

"I have to go now, I know it wasn't long but every second spent with you tonight was beautiful." I tell him.

Naraku takes my hand and kisses it gently.

"Indeed it was, I'll follow behind not too far after your departure tomorrow." He says.

I nod, we both lean in, when suddenly a gust of wind blows across the land. I cover my hair that is flying around me, Naraku holds me close. Naraku looks behind me and he grabs my hand, he pulls me behind him. I turn to look who was behind me, and my eyes go wide. Standing in the distance is a tall lean young man with silver white hair that travels behind him. He's wearing a snow white kimono with red flowers on his collar and long sleeves, he has fair skin with two magenta stripes on both sides of his cheeks and a crescent moon shape on his forehead. He has 2 swords on his hips and he has this big fluffy attire thing on his right shoulder, his eyes are amber golden. As I look at him, he almost looks like Inuyasha. With the unique features and the pointed ears, I assume that he's a demon. He has a slight furrow on his face and he's looking right at us, he's still as a statue.

"You didn't die?" The person asks.

Didn't die? What does he mean? Who is he asking? Is he asking Naraku? Does he know Naraku? A million thoughts runs through my mind and I feel a sense of fear creep within me.

"Who are you? I sense that you're a demon, what do you want?" Naraku asks the person while guarding me.

The other demon narrows his golden eyes as he looks at us.

"Who am I? We were great enemies once, I believed that Inuyasha and Kagome has extinguished you. How are you still alive Naraku?" He asks again.

Inuyasha and Kagome? He knows Inuyasha and Kagome as well? If he's saying that then that means, the Naraku that Inuyasha told me 12 years prior was indeed the Naraku that I love. He died? But then somehow came back to life? I grab onto his sleeves.

"Naraku...." I whisper to him.

"Stay behind me." Naraku replies.

He then turns back to the demon.

"I don't remember anything from the past, I don't know who you are and I don't know who this Inuyasha and Kagome are either. If you want something then tell us, otherwise, leave us be." Naraku says.

The demon furrows his brows and takes a step towards us.

"Sesshomaru!" A voice shouts from the side within the forest.

Naraku and I turn to our left, Sesshomaru looks into the direction as well. Inuyasha leaps out from within the trees with his sword that has developed in size in his hand. Kagome, Miroku, and Shippo follow right after.

"____________! Are you alright?!" Kagome shouts.

"Naraku?" Miroku shouts with a bewildered expression on his face.

Inuyasha and Kagome both look surprised as they see Naraku as well.

"How is this possible?" Kagome asks in shock.

"Kagome killed you, how are you still alive?!" Inuyasha shouts at Naraku.

This doesn't look good for Naraku, they all know him and they all assumed that they killed him already. It's 5 of them against one of him, he doesn't stand a chance.

"Looks like you didn't finish the job properly little brother. I'll have to clean it up then." The demon says to Inuyasha.

My eyes goes wide, it can only mean one thing, he's going to kill Naraku.

"I don't know any of you, even if I did in the past, I forgot everything. I don't even remember who I really am either. I'm not dangerous if that's what you're worried about." Naraku shouts at them.

"Kagome! Inuyasha, please tell him that Naraku means no harm!" I beg them.

I see Kagome's eyes going wide, she turns to look at Miroku and Inuyasha.

"Sesshomaru, let's talk this out first, although we don't know why our friend_________ is with Naraku, but he hasn't hurt__________ yet!" Miroku shouts at the demon named Sesshomaru.

"Talking is useless, I'm here to finish the job after picking up Inuyasha's scent, to my surprise I also caught onto an unfamiliar scent, turned out it was Naraku. How did I not recognize your scent." Sesshomaru says.

He looks like he's about to lunge at Naraku and I. Inuyasha leaps closer to Sesshomaru and holds out his sword to block him.

"Stop Sesshomaru! You can't attack him, you might hurt_________ in the process. As much as I want to see Naraku dead, you cannot kill him like this so carelessly with a human in close range." Inuyasha reasons with him.

"I didn't take you as the reason and rational type Inuyasha. I'm not here to talk, I'm here to kill." Sesshomaru tells his brother.

With a glimmer of his golden amber eyes, I see him leap to the side and a green aura surrounds his left hand. It doesn't look good.

"Run___________, get out of here." Naraku warns me.

"Naraku! But you...." I begin.

"Hurry, I'll be fine, you're not like me, a single blow will kill you." He says raising his voice in urgency.

My eyes goes wide in fear.

"No Sesshomaru wait!" I hear Miroku shout from the distant.

"Oh no!_____________, get out of the way!" Shippo cries out.

"Look out______________! Inuyasha!" Kagome yells at Inuyasha for help.

"Sesshomaru stop! Don't do it!" Inuyasha yells at Sesshomaru.

"I'm not going to hurt the girl, unless if she gets in my way." Sesshomaru says.

The next thing I see is Sesshomaru swinging his glowing hand and a glowing green rope like force lashes out from his fingertips, my eyes goes wide at the unbelievable sight. I feel my mind going blank, it's coming at Naraku and I at such a great speed I don't think the two of us can get out of the way fast enough, even if Naraku is a demon. Without thinking, I push away Naraku's arm that is protecting me.

"__________! What are yo...." Naraku asks me.

His ruby red eyes going wide in shock, without thinking I stand in front of Naraku and open my arms to protect him. Sesshomaru said that he's not here to hurt me, I'm hoping by doing this he will retract his whip. I stand my ground and I hold my breath, the whip comes at me at full speed, I see all of their eyes going wide in shock at my action, the demon named Sesshomaru's eyes slowly widens as well but furrows his brows a split second after, he pulls his left arm back fast. The green whip is still coming at me, but with him retracting his arm, the whip snaps as it just reaches me. The whip crackles and it slashes me on the left side of my stomach, a sharp jolt of pain runs through my body. From the time that I stood in front of Naraku to protect him, everything that came after all happened within 2 seconds, no one had time to react fast enough.

"__________!" I hear Naraku shout from behind me.

I hold my stomach, it's wet. I look down, my already red kimono is now soaked in my crimson red blood. I feel my mind losing consciousness, I begin to tilt backwards. I'm losing blood, quite fast. Naraku catches me and sits down, I lean my head against his shoulder. He quickily grabs the big towels that is on the ground and outs it to my wound and puts pressure on it.

"___________! Hold on! I'll save you. Just hold on!" I hear him shouting.

"___________!" I hear Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku and Shippo shouting in the fading distance.

"Naraku... you're alright..." I say holding onto his arm.

"Why did you do that?" I hear him asking me with worry in his voice.

"I told you right? You protect the one you love..." I say to him with a smile.

Naraku holds my face and kisses me on the forehead, I'm them lifted up into the air, my head is still resting against Naraku's shoulder, he is carrying me, he's holding me close to him.

"I'm going to take you far from here, just hold on." I hear him say softly with a slight change of tone.

I nod, losing my strength, I close my eyes and place my trust in Naraku.

"___________! Naraku! Stop!" I hear Kagome shout in the distance.

I then feel the wind blowing against my cheek, Naraku's hold around me tightens slightly. I put pressure onto my wound, with the gentle wind soothing down my beating heart, I try to stay conscious, but I can feel myself slowly fading in and out from the loss of blood. Wherever Naraku is taking me, as long as he's with me I'm fine with anywhere.