Used to be (Jennie)

Magnets (One Shot Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV:

 

"Take care Lili," I said. And before the ache in my heart could no longer take it, I rushed inside my car, slammed the door and stepped on the gas pedal.

 

I grit my teeth and tightened my hold on the steering wheel as tears continued to roll down my cheeks. Why does it hurt? Why does it hurt knowing I'm never going to see her again? I unconsciously look into my rear view mirror to see Lisa watching me leave with the most pained expression I have ever seen her make. 

 

Oh God.

 

The last time I've seen that expression was the very first time she saw me with my other friends at the place her and I would always go to. 

 

"I'm such a ," I whisper to myself as I continue to hastily wipe away tears. 

 

..................................................

 

"I'll be back mom!" I yell out before shutting the door and running to my car. I hastily opened the door and immediately slid in.

 

I was going to see Lisa before she left and give her a proper goodbye and an apology. Last night I came to a realization that what Lisa and I had was special. And the reason I had grown distant with her was because I've been in love with her for years. And that feeling of being overly attached and knowing you can't do anything without talking to them or looking at them was scary. 

 

Maybe I thought she didn't feel the same or maybe I knew she did but the idea of coming out to a country that was against same gender love has caused the fear to grow and distance to be created between me and the one I love.

 

But, I'm not afraid anymore.

 

I was determined to apologize and admit my feelings before she leaves. The thought of her leaving was absolutely killing me and I refuse to let her leave without telling her everything.

 

Turning the corner, I felt my heart racing as I was nearing the house I use to be at every day but, the moment I was in front, tears immediately escaped my eyes. I feverishly shook my head with widened eyes as I swiftly removed my seat belt.

 

"No no no no," I whisper to myself as I quickly opened my door and slid out. Not caring that I left the door opened I quickly ran onto their empty drive way. Please don't tell me..

 

I gulp nervously as I slowly walked towards the far that was slightly ajar. I gently placed my hand on the door and took a deep breath before slowly pushing it open. 

 

"L-Lisa?" I hesitantly call out, hoping and praying I would hear her voice yelling out my name with that beautiful smile of hers, but that all came crashing down. No one was here, everything was gone. The house was empty.

 

I slowly walk into the house and towards her room. I open the door and placed my hand over my mouth seeing everything gone. It was as if every memory we shared in this room vanished and now this room was meaningless to me.

 

Tears kept falling and I had no strength to wipe them away, nor did I care. But, in the corner of my eye I saw something familiar pinned to her wall. I walk over to it and let out a soft cry. It was our picture, she never threw it away. 

 

 

 

I skimmed my fingers over her face lightly before taking it off the wall, turning around and sprinting out of the house. I was panting as I slid into my car and slammed it shut. And the moment I knew no one could hear me, I immediately took a deep shaky breath before letting out a cry.

 

"Damn it," I gasp out as I grabbed my hair in frustration. I lost control of the volume of my cries. The pain kept increasing as all these years of avoiding Lisa and seeing the pain and emptiness in her eyes were repeating in my head. And knowing it was all my fault had only caused me to cry even harder. 

 

I let go of my hair and repeatedly hit my steering wheel over and over again until the ache in my hand was stronger than the ache in my heart.

 

Why couldn't I be brave like her?

 

"I'm so in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter