In Real Life pt.2 (Final)

Magnets (One Shot Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another boring party and another fake smile plastered on my face as I was once again introduced to new business members by my "wonderful" man. 

 

Same old tradition, the only difference is I no longer care for staying near my fiancé. And I'm finding myself somewhat excited as my eyes began to wander for a certain blonde beauty. 

 

It has only been two weeks since our last encounter and all I could think about was her warm touches and the way her lips felt against my hand. It was extraordinary, truly ghostly. 

 

But, I knew I wasn't allowed to feel this way about a stranger. Maybe it was the lack of affection I was receiving from Kai that had me feelings these strange emotions. I was just lonely, that had to be it. 

 

However, the strangest part was the feeling of butterflies in my stomach whenever I thought about her gorgeous smile. I can't even remember feeing this way when I met Kai and that was petrifying.

 

"I must say Kai, You two look like a lovely couple.” One of his coworker says while eyeing us in awe. Kai pulls me closer to his side by my waist and smiles proudly,

 

“Thank you, I’m really blessed to have her by my side.” He looks at me and smiles. Before, my heart would’ve melted at the sight but I was internally cringing towards the way he feigned a look of happiness and love. In his eyes all I saw was his damn pride and big ego. There was no hint of affection and passion. I force myself to send a vibrant smile before faking a giggle. 

 

I’m beginning to think I was just his trophy wife. 

 

Disgusting.

 

“Well, will you excuse me gentlemen I’m just going to powder my nose.” Not really caring for my presence, they ignore what I said and continued their conversation that I could care less about. 

 

I internally scoff and roll my eyes before removing myself from Kai’s hold and walking away. I was tired of his rough hands on my waist, I didn’t feel secured or loved by it. It was sickening.

 

I’m getting so tired for being in this kind of place. Instead of being heart broken about my fiancé not giving a about me I was actually beyond pissed. Who does he think he is to treat me in such a way?

 

I huff in annoyance as I push myself through the crowd to enter my sanctuary, the balcony.

 

I needed a breather.

 

Walking outside the balcony I instantly stop in my tracks as a slow smile begins to be drawn into my lips. The sight of the person I’ve been longing to see was facing away from me and staring down at the city below us. 

 

Hearing me enter the balcony, she slowly turns around and smiles that smile I really admired.

 

“Took you long enough.” I nearly melted at the sound of her smooth, husky voice that instantly eased my mind. I tilt my head in curiosity and furrowed my eyebrows slightly,

 

“You were waiting for me?” I ask. She lets out a throaty chuckle, causing my cheeks to redden towards the attractive sound, and stares at me in amusement.

 

“Is that even a question?” She asks before motioning with her head to join her near the railings which I quickly obliged. I walk towards her and stood beside her while silently staring at the sky once again while letting out a long relieved breath. I no longer felt suffocated.

 

“You know, I noticed something.” I look over at her and felt the heat return into my cheeks as I found her staring at me with a look so unreadable and so intense that my brain was growing hazy. She doesn’t wait for me to respond,

 

“Every time I see you, you never look happy.” That statement had completely caught me off guard. It wasn’t the fact that she caught me in a lie, it was more of the fact she has always noticed me. But, why have I never noticed her? She clearly stands out.

 

“Pardon?” I ask. She shrugs and turns her attention back towards the lights from the city.

 

“You always had this look that you wanted to escape. And I se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter