Used to be the one

Magnets (One Shot Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's POV:

 

 

 

 

We're moving back to Thailand.

 

 

 

 

 

I will be leaving to Thailand tomorrow and no one even knew. And probably no one would even care.

 

I didn't know what to feel, happy? Sad? I had no clue. Maybe I'm just feeling relieved that I would probably be able to move on from my old best friend, Jennie Kim.

 

We used to be best friends.

 

Used to be.

 

We were inseparable once. But the moment we entered sophomore year, everything changed. 

 

Growing up, I always thought Jennie was beautiful. Didn't matter that she had braces or glasses. And it didn't matter that she had a few pimples here and there because I was in love. I've been in love with my best friend since 3rd grade when I first saw her smile.

 

However, the moment her braces were removed, her skin cleared up and she bought contacts, she instantly became popular.

 

Everyone noticed everything I've already noticed. Yet, 

 

it wasn't enough.

 

Popularity became everything I guess because as soon as she became popular, she met new people and had a bunch of friends. 

 

She slowly distanced herself from me and began to spend time with her new friends. Jennie took them to places we use to go to which utterly broke me. We would exchange small smiles and nods but it was never genuine.

 

But maybe it's a good thing we are no longer best friends. It's easier to avoid sad goodbyes.

 

I sighed while walking down the hallway with my head down and with my hands clenching my backpack straps. I avoided all eye contact from students I would pass by. I then shove my hands into my over sized black sweater to hide my trembling hands as I was walking to math class.

 

I was happy yet dreading math class. Happy because it was the last class but annoyed because Jennie will be there. 

 

It's more of the fact that we sit next to each other and she never speaks to me. She only spoke to her friends that sat either in front of us or behind us.

 

I always tried but her replies were always short or she would simply hum in response. I greeted her every morning and always said goodbye but she never said it back because she was always texting away on her phone.

 

But today will be different, I have to make sure I avoid her at all cost. I can't bare to look at her without breaking. It's been an emotional month and I rather not cry in front of her because knowing Jennie, she would feel obligated to see if you're okay.

 

I slowly walk into the classroom earlier than usual and walked up to the teacher. Mrs. Byul-yi looks up at me and sends a sad smile,

 

"Hey Lisa, tomorrows the day huh?" She asks. I smile lightly and bow my head as a greeting. I lift my head back up and nodded while combing my fingers through my dark brown hair,

 

 

 

"Yes ma'am," I said. She sighs and nods her head. She stands up and pats my head,

 

"Im going to miss my favorite student," She teases. I chuckle and smile,

 

"I'll try to visit as much as I can," I lied. Why would I even come back when there's no one to come back to? She smiles and nods,

 

"I'm glad. Go take your seat, and since it's your last day I might just ignore you sleeping in the back of the classroom this time," She jokes with a playful wink. I laugh lightly and nod my head while making my way to my assigned seat. 

 

She was the only teacher I felt comfortably enough to joke around with. She caught me eating lunch alone in the hallway and invited me into the classroom to join her. And I guess you could say I was her favorite student and she was my favorite teacher. She was like an older sister I wished I had.

 

I propped my chin on my hand while looking outside the window beside me after placing ear phones into my ear. Looking out the window I felt a frown etch onto my lips seeing Jennie exiting the car with all her friends laughing. I'm guessing they all just came back from lunch.

 

I use to make her laugh like that.

 

I sigh while leaning back into my chair and crossing my arms. Students were already entering the class by this time and I felt uncomfortable knowing Jennie will be entering soon with her beautiful gummy smile. 

 

Speak of the devil.

 

I quickly looked down at my desk with my heart thumping wilding seeing her enter with her friends Nayeon and Irene. I could see them giggling while walking towards my area. I never had anything against her friends, I just wished Jennie wasn't ashamed of me because maybe I would be friends with them too. 

 

"Hey Lisa!" Nayeon greets in a friendly manner while seating herself in front of me. Irene smiles gently to me as she seats herself down beside Nayeon. I look up at them and sent a small smile before looking outside the window the moment Jennie sat herself down beside me.

 

From the corner of my eye I could see Irene and Nayeon confused with the fact that I didn't verbally greet them like usual. Or the fact that I didn't even spare one glass to Jennie. 

 

"You okay?" Irene asks. I look over at them and removed my ear phones. I nodded my head before grabbing my bag and taking out my notebook. Irene and Nayeon furrow then eyebrows and look over to Jennie. 

 

I felt heat creep up to the back of my neck the moment I felt Jennie looking at me from the corner of my eye. Please don't speak. I held in my breath as I saw her open to say something but Mrs. Byul-yi clapped her hands to grasp our attention.

 

"Alright everyone, settle down," She says. I sigh in relief and sat straighter but I still felt uncomfortable knowing Jennie was still burning her eyes on the side of my face. What is she doing? 

 

"Before we jump into the subject I would like to make an announcement," she says while making eye contact with me. I widen my eyes and silently pleaded with my eyes. Oh God no. She looks away from me and smiles sadly,

 

"Lisa please stand up," She says. I groan under my breath and blush in embarrassment seeing everyone turning around to face me. I slowly stand up and kept my eyes on the desk.

 

"Class I would like everyone to know that today is Lisa's last day here in YG academy so don't forget to give her a warm goodbye," she announces. I wanted to die in a hole seeing everyone looking confused and others not giving a damn. Nayeon tilts her head while turning around to,

 

"Where will you be going?" She asks. I awkwardly seat myself down and fiddle with my fingers nervously,

 

"Thailand," I reply. Irene then interjects,

 

"For vacation?" She asks. By now Jennie's whole body was facing me and it was slowly killing me. This was the longest time I have gotten her attention and I'm not sure I'm enjoying it. I awkwardly clear my throat,

 

"Uh no. I'm moving back to my old hometown," She states causing the girls to gasp and Jennie to stiffen. The movement had caused me to unintentionally look over at the pretty brunette. She was staring at me with such an unreadable expression that stirred an unnerving feeling in the pit of my stomach.

 

"Moving?" She asks and God I'm going to miss her smooth voice and feline eyes but it's for the best. Not being able to handle the feeling of her eyes boring into mine, I quickly looked away,

 

"Yes," I simply reply with a small shrug. 

 

"Oh," She says and I wasn't sure if it was in my head or not but the tone of her voice seemed,

 

Sad?

 

........................................................

 

"Lisa!" A familiar voice calls out. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but widen my eyes as I immediately recognized the voice that my heart always picks up. I stop and look to see her car pulling up with her windows down. She smiles lightly and stops the car beside me.

 

"Need a ride?" She asks. What? I furrow my eyebrows and shove my hands into my jacket,

 

"What?" I ask. As much as I wanted to accept the offer, I knew it would only be harder for me to get out without crying. 

 

"I said do you need a ride?" She asks again but a little louder. I gulped nervously seeing her eyes glazed with hope and worry?  No, I refuse to believe that. I shake my head,

 

"No thanks I'm good," I said. I felt the pinch in my chest increase seeing a frown painted onto her pretty lips. I always hated being the reason of her frowns more than her distancing herself. 

 

I took her silence as my cue to continue walking. I sent a nod before turning forward again and walking away. But I mentally groaned in annoyance seeing as she was driving next to me,

 

"Come on, it'll literally take you 5 minutes instead of 20 minutes if I give you a ride instead of you walking," She bargains. I shrug while keeping my eyes forward,

 

"I like walking," I lied. I hated walking and Jennie knew that. She chuckles,

 

"Lisa come on, I know you hate walking," She says and I swore I felt my heart swell but at the same time break. I frown,

 

"If you knew that then you could've given me a ride a long time ago right?" I dryly and sarcastically ask causing her to stop the car. I look at her for a second to see her staring at me sadly. I stop too and sigh while turning to face her,

 

"Look, you don't have to try to be nice to me again just because I'm leaving. I know you don't see us as friends anymore." I said. She winces hearing the word leaving escape my lips and looks down. She completely ignores what I said,

 

"How long will you be gone?" She asks. I look down at my shoes as well and shrug,

 

"I don't know," I replied. 

 

"Will you come back?" She asks. I look up at her and shrugged,

 

"I don't think so," I said. She furrows he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter