Gloomy Coincidence

Magnets (One Shot Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV:   

 

"Ready babe?" Hanbin calls out from outside my bedroom. I smack my lips together while placing my lipstick into my purse before nodding,

 

"I'm ready!" I call out. I adjust my white off the shoulder Chanel sweater and comb my fingers through my curly hair before grabbing my purse and walking out the door.

 

 

 

Hanbin looks up from his phone and sends me a gentle smile while scanning my figure,

 

"Hey beautiful, ready to go?" He asks. I stiffen for a moment,

 

'You're so beautiful Nini.'

 

I quickly shake off the memory and force out a timid smile while tucking a strand of hair behind my hear,

 

"Thanks babe," I said. I walk up to my boyfriend of 6 months and take his arm as we make ourselves out the door. 

 

Recently, all the memories with her have been appearing frequently and I didn't know why. And sliding inside the car, an unnerving feeling started to grow in the pit of my stomach as if something was going to happen. Was it good or bad? I have no clue. But, for now I'm pushing those thoughts aside and I'm going enjoy my movie date.

 

Hanbin places his hand over mine and intertwines it. I quickly reciprocated and squeezed his hand hoping to forget that I felt absolutely nothing with his touches.

 

'Jen, hold my hand,' she demands with one hand on the steering wheel and the other one open for me to take. I giggle,

 

'Why?' I ask but still placed my hand in hers. She dramatically sighs in content and brings our hands together to kiss the back of hand.

 

'Because I want to hold what's mine.'

 

"Jennie we're here," I hear Hanbin call out. I shake my head and blink rapidly as I realized we already parked and the car was off. I look over at Hanbin and watched as he was already sliding out of the car. He closes the door and waits for me at the front. I frown for a second,

 

'Don't you dare touch that door handle. Only I can open the door for my honey.'

 

My frown only deepened as I cursed under my breath for even thinking of her and comparing her with Hanbin. I sigh and slide out of the car and walk towards Hanbin. He instantly takes my hand and leads us into the theater. He leads us to the line but stops,

 

"Wait here while I go buy our tickets," he says. I smile and nod and chuckled as he leaned forward and places a kiss on my cheek. 

 

Where's the butterflies? 

 

She stole them 2 years ago.

 

I let out a breath and looked down at my feet. Stop thinking of her damn it, I angrily thought to myself. It's been 2 years already. I was already over it so why now? Why think about her now?

 

As if on cue, seeing the door opening, I instinctively look over and felt the color in my face instantly drain. My chest began to heave and my eyes widened in surprise seeing the person that never left my mind. 

 

"Lisa?" I whisper ever so quietly. And, as if she heard, the big doe eyes that haunts my dreams slowly found mine. And those said eyes had instantly widened with her full plump lips that use to burn my skin mouthed my name. 

 

 

 

Her eyes raked over my body as I did to hers from a distance. If there was a better word than perfection, that would be Lisa. Her red hair was now blonde and longer, softer even. Just like her pale fair skin that seemed to be as flustered as mine. She places her trembling hands into the pockets of her bomber jacket while I placed mine behind my back.

 

I had believed I would never see her again, but, there she was standing there. I couldn't think or breathe properly. My heart was aching but was it aching in pain or pleasure? 

 

"Lisa!" Someone yells out from the side. Lisa and I follow the voice. I felt my jaw clench seeing a beautiful slender woman with short brown hair smiling while making her way towards my ex. She wraps her arms around Lisa's arm and drags her over to the line. Lisa's eyes remained on me before turning back to the girl with a small smile.

 

Definitely pain.

 

'I love you Nini,'

 

'I love you too Lili,'

 

"I got the tickets babe!" Hanbin yells out from the front of the line causing unwanted strangers eyes to look over at me. I blush in embarrassment while waking over to him. But I felt the heat in my cheeks increase feeling a pair of familiar soothing eyes watching my every movement.

 

"Let's go," I quietly mutter with him nodding and taking my hands in his. I unconsciously look over to Lisa again and felt the pace of my heart beat quicken as she stared at my hands intertwined with Hanbins with an unreadable expression. Or was it a pained expression? The same expression she had that night.

 

'Maybe we shouldn't be together anymore!' Lisa yells out while gripping onto her hair in frustration. I roughly wipe away my tears off my face and narrow them,

 

'Maybe we shouldn't ,' I whisper brokenly. Lisa's stares at me with so much pain as I did to her before grabbing her jacket. And just like that, she left.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

'Hello?' An unfamiliar voice answers Lisa's phone. I gulp in fear,

 

'I-is Lisa there?' I ask nervously. From the other line I could hear faint footsteps and a door slowly closing.

 

'And who am I speaking to?' A girl asks. I narrowed my eyes and gripped onto the phone tightly as I heard the mockery in this woman's tone.

 

'Lisa's girlfriend,' I said. The girl chuckles dryly,

 

'You must have the wrong number because this is MY girlfriends phone,' she says. Tears instantly filled my eyes as pain shot through my chest. I shake my head,

 

'T-that's not tru—' 

 

'Who's on the phone Mina?' I hear Lisa ask. I quickly widen my eyes and slam my hand over my mouth.

 

'No one babe,' I clench my eyes tightly as multiple tears cascaded down my cheeks.

 

'Wha—' No longer wanting to hear the betrayal anymore, I hung up. And just like she did,

 

I left.

 

2 years ago, Lisa and I had fight. We were fighting over the fact that my job gave me a wonderful opportunity. The downside was that I had to leave Korea for 6 to 8 months and Lisa didn't like the idea. So we fought for a week until one night we both just snapped.

 

But, that same night when Lisa didn't come back, I realized I was being selfish for asking her to drop everything and come with me. So I called to find out that she was with another woman. So that same night, I packed up and left and fulfilled my dream. But none of that mattered because being with Lisa was my dream. But, apparently I wasn't hers.

 

I came back after 8 months and found out Lisa had left as well.

 

"You okay babe?" Hanbin asks while draping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me against his side. I send a tight smile and nod my head while squeezing his thigh,

 

"Yes," I lied. 

 

'Babe, stop pretending you're okay when you're clearly not.'

 

He smiles before looking forward and watching the previews. I mentally sighed in disappointment with the way he once again didn't  see through me the way Lisa saw through me. She knew every smile I had. 

 

Stop it Jennie.

 

I cursed under my breath as I saw Lisa and the girl entering and making their way to the stair case. Lisa catches my eye and seems to grow annoyed seeing me cuddled up to Hanbins side. But locking her eyes to mine, her giants brown eyes seemed to soften that I had to look away before my heart can explode. 

 

Unfortunately for me, their seats were right behind Hanbin and I. I already knew my attention was not going to be on the movie, nor my boyfriend. Especially when all I could hear was the brunette girl obnoxiously giggling from behind. Hanbin scoffs under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter