In Real Life pt. 1

Magnets (One Shot Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Authors note: this story is based on a song that I am completely obsessed with. The song is called ‘In Real Life’ by Demi Lovato

..............

"I'll be right back I'm going to talk the boys." Before I could even protest, my fiancé had instantly walked away, leaving me alone to mingle with no one. I huff in annoyance as I take another sip of champagne. 

 

Kai has asked me to accompany him to his office cocktail party. I at first thought he wanted to spend time with me but I'm slowly realizing that it wasn't the case. He just wanted to show me off as if I was an object that people can ogle at. 

 

Needing some air, I slowly walk out to the balcony and sigh in relief. I was never too fond of these kind of parties where I had no place to speak my mind. All I needed to do was smile and say hello.

 

I look inside and slowly feel a frown be drawn onto my face seeing my fiancé laughing with his colleagues. Recently, in our house, his laughters and smiles was a rare sight.

 

I don't know what happened to us. 

 

Before, our house was always filled with laughter, joy and contentment. Our love and desire for each other was so strong that I had thought nothing can ruin or change it. But, recently, everything started to change and I didn't know how to fix it. 

 

Before, I would wake up with roses and many kisses  that would make me believe it was always going to be this way. Until he had gotten a new job that had his attention more than I had. Since his job he stopped saying 'I love you's', he stopped holding me, kissing me and just refused to give me any ounce of affection that I so badly craved from him. 

 

The loneliest I feel is when he is with me.

 

That's why I prefer to enter my dream state because at least in my dreams I was loved. 

 

He would be standing beside me as our hearts collided, woke me up with roses and kisses but then I'd wake up and realize, this is real life.

 

"Bored of the party too huh?" A smooth, gentle voice asks from behind me. I was so engrossed to my own thoughts that I hadn't realized a tall, slender figure entering the balcony. 

 

I turn my head slightly to see one of my fiancé's colleagues smiling softly at me with her full lips.

 

Lalisa Manoban.

 

I’ve seen her a few times but never had the chance to get acquainted with her since I stuck with Kai like a magnet the whole time. 

 

"Is it that obvious?" I ask. She shrugs and chuckles as she goes to stand beside me as we turn our attention to the night sky.

 

“No, I’m just very observant to the things that stand out.” She casually says, catching me off guard from her boldness. I feel my cheeks heat up as I feel her eyes boring into the side of my face. She laughs softly,

 

“Don’t worry I’m bored too that I feel like I’m losing my mind.” She huffs out. I turn towards her and couldn’t help but scan her features. 

 

She really was beautiful. 

 

I unconsciously let my eyes travel from her giant, doe eyes, to her cute button nose, to her y plump lips that was causing my lips to tingle. They were so full and so inviting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter