Magnets

Magnets (One Shot Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm dating Kai from EXO."

As soon as those words escaped her beautiful pink lips, it was as if everything came crashing down, destroying any hope I had left for her. Since I have met her, all I had ever wanted was to confess my love to her but seeing the happiness sparkle in those feline eyes of hers I knew it was time to give up. Feeling a lump growing in my throat, I quickly send her a forced smile and a tight hug. I wanted to express that I was truly happy to see her happy, even if her happiness wasn't because of me. I bite my lip, trying to repress a sob as I feel her slender arms wrap around my waist, holding tightly. For her, this embrace was my way of congratulating her, but for me, this was my way of a goodbye to how we use to be.

"I hope he makes you happy." I whisper into her ear before letting go. I avert my eyes to the girls who were sending me sympathetic looks before taking steps forward to Jennie, wrapping the petite girl into their arms. They were congratulating her, saying how she deserves this since she is always at the receiving end from the hate that fans have been sending her.

I feel my heart clench at the sight of her gummy smile, it was so vibrant and filled with love. But knowing that that gummy smile will always be for that man only caused the pain to increase in my heart and tears to brim my eye sight. Being so engrossed to Jennie's story of the romantic date she apparently had an hour ago without us knowing, I decided to quickly exit the room and run straight to my bedroom. I immediately but quietly shut my door, locking it before I lean my back against it.

"." I whisper to myself as I feel my tears begin to cascade down my cheeks. The pain was slowly becoming unbearable. I place one of my hands over my lips as quiet sobs begin to escape my throat while placing my other hand over my chest as if it would decrease the agony I was feeling. I slowly slide down my body to the floor, on my knees, trying to lower the sounds of my heart wrenching cries from the girls who were laughing and giggling loudly from the living room.Hearing Jennie's beautiful giggle only caused the stabbing pain to grow immensely. I slowly lean forward with both hands on my chest and place my forehead on the floor as my breathing became rapid to the point my fingers began to tingle and my body to tremble. But, hearing faint footsteps approach my door, I quickly sit up and cover my mouth with both hands, silencing my cries. I hold my breath as I hear light knocks on my door.

"Lili?"

'Please Jennie, go away.' 

I thought to myself, I didn't want her to see me like this. I hated showing my weakness, especially to the one woman I have been in love with since our trainee days. I slowly crawled away from the door towards my bed, trying to stay as quiet as possible. I freeze as she continues to call out for me ever so softly.

"Lili are you awake? Why is your door locked?"

I shut my eyes tightly as she continue to bombared me with questions that I refused to answer. I slowly walk towards my bed and hide myself under the covers, trying to escape this horrible truth of my reality.

"Maybe she's asleep Unnie, we did have a long shoot today."

I hear the angelic Chipmunk say, saving me from even more distress. I hear Jennie sigh in defeat as she walks away from my door, allowing me to let out a long breath that I was holding finally allowing me to feel slightly at ease, slightly. But before I can fully enter back into the dark pit in my mind again, the soft voice of Chaeyoung quickly catches my attention.

"She's gone now Lisa, I know you're awake and hurting. Open the door and talk to me." I hear her whisper and without a second thought I quickly hop off my bed and rush towards the door. Opening the door to reveal my vulnerable state, I was quickly enveloped into her tight embrace. The moment I was in her arms and the moment she shut the door I finally let all of my emotions escape into her shoulder. I was hysterically crying into her, letting all the pain out in the open that I have held in for so long.

"It hurts Chae, it hurts so much." I cry out, tightening my grip around her waist. Just the thought of Jennie holding hands with a hand that wasn't mine, smiling her bright smile to someone that wasn't me and knowing her lips will be touching lips that wasn't mine was tormenting my heart drastically.

"I'm so sorry Lis." She whispers sadly to me. I knew she wanted to say more but what was there to say? What do you say to someone who was longing for someone for years and them finding out that the person will never reciprocate those same damn feelings? How do you tell someone to lose hope on something that will never happen?

She walks us both to the bed and lays us down, brushing a strand of my hair away from my tear stained cheeks. I close my eyes tight and place my head on her chest with my arms wrapped around her waist, needing comfort and wanting the pain to ease. She continues to brush my long blonde hair with her fingers as she began to hum a soft sweet melody. I smile lightly and slowly feel my body soften.

"Thank you Chae." I whisper as I was slowly entering my dream state. Chae smiles softly and places a short kiss on my forehead and pulls me closer before also closing her eyes.

"You're welcome." She whispers back as we both enter the darkness.

..................

Third Person POV:

The next few weeks was completely different for all the girls. Ever since Jennie confessed to the girls that she was dating one of the EXO members, Lisa was slowly closing herself off from Jennie, wanting to mend her broken heart. It was subtle at first, Lisa didn't want the change to be drastic to the point all of them would notice, she especially didn't want Jennie to notice. She wanted the brunette to get use to Lisa's absence and the loss contact, meaning, no more clingy Manoban. But little did Lisa know, Jennie had noticed it all from the start.

It started the next day of the confession when Jennie wanted to cuddle with her favorite cuddle buddy in the morning but seeing how the blonde was already cuddling with the other maknae in the group stirred a funny feeling in the pit of her stomach but quickly shook the feeling off and left them alone. Then later that day she kept trying to meet Lisa's gaze but the thai would always avert them away from her. Jennie had thought,

'Maybe she just didn't sleep well.'

But she was finally aware that something was changing when Lisa called her, 'Unnie.' Not that it wasn't normal, it was respect in our country but Lisa NEVER called Jennie 'Unnie.' It was either 'Nini,' 'Jen,' 'Mandu,' and other cute nicknames Lisa would come up with on a daily basis but never THAT and it was making her slightly worried.

After a week Jennie had also noticed the lack of clingness from the blonde. A feeling of irritation would flow through her whenever Lisa would cling onto the other members, mainly the adorable chipmunk. She had nothing against the latter but every time she saw Lisa hugging her and kissing her cheeks all Jennie would feel is anger and she didn't know why.

Then weeks had passed and everything had gotten worse, Lisa barely even spared one glance to Jennie and she was now beyond annoyed. Truth be told, she missed Lisa's touches and warmth. She missed being held by the thai, especially when Lisa would say sweet things to her but knowing Lisa could be doing that to Chaeyoung absolutely killed her so tonight she was going to confront her and demand an explanation as to why she was getting avoided.

'She misses Lisa. She needed Lisa and she didn't know why.'

.........................

Lisa's POV:

'.'

Was the first word that came out of my head. Jennie had just barged into my room out of no where, startling me at the sight of her narrowed piercing cat like eyes. I looked over the brunette's shoulder and internally groan seeing Chae freeze at her spot and began to slowly back away from the scene, trying to avoid unnecessary conflict. She sent a me an apologetic smile and quickly sprinted to Jisoo's room. I gulp nervously and avert my eyes back to my phone, trying to ignore the cold gaze I was receiving from her.

"Do you need something Unnie?" I obliviously ask, feigning a look of innocence. I already knew the reason she was in my room, for the past few days she has been trying to talk to me, but knowing the reason I would always find a way to avoid that awkward situation, I was never really fond of confrontation. How could I still face her knowing she was still seeing that man. The pain was still there and seeing how we were alone in my room and how her sweet scent was surrounding my room again was suffocating. We haven't been alone in a long time so this was alien to me.

"We need to talk." I flinch slightly at the coldness in her voice.

'Oh she was mad.'

Trying not to show the fear in me, I continue to lock my gaze on my phone screen, ignoring the way Jennie had crossed her arms and began to tap her foot impatiently with me.

"About what Unnie?"

"Stop calling me that!" Jennie suddenly yells out, catching me off guard. I curiously lift my gaze, and after weeks of avoidance I finally lock my gaze to her feline eyes that I have always adored. What really surprised me however was in those eyes of hers had a flicker of pain and sadness.

"Calling you what? Unnie? But you're older so I'm suppo-" She quickly shakes her head and huffs in annoyance, cutting off my sentence.

"I don't care what you're suppose to do just... stop." Jennie weakly says catching me off guard once again, I've never seen her so vulnerable and it was creating an aching feeling in my chest at the sight of her lips quivering slightly. I slowly nod,

"Okay." I whisper.

It was silent for a moment, neither one of us spoke as we continued to avert our eyes to the ground. Hearing movements from her I look up to see her walking towards my bed and slowly placing herself in front of me causing her scent to once again engulf my senses, oh how I missed her scent. It was so intoxicating but I needed to control my sanity so I did what was best for me to do, I cautiously scoot a little farther away from her until my back hit the bed rest. Seeing my action a small frown was drawn into her inviting lips.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Hearing her voice breaking slightly I quickly look down at my clenched hands. I never wanted this to happen but I was trying to heal the damaged she has unintentionally done to me and being near her again and talking to her again is ruining the process, but she didn't need to know that.

"I don't know what you're talk-" She quickly cuts me off making me flinch at her harsh tone.

"Stop acting like you don't know and answer my damn question!" She loudly exclaims. I shut my eyes tight and was trying to steady my breathing. Her presence was starting to slowly irritate me, can she not see that I want to be alone?

"Because I want to!" I sharply reply causing her eyes to widen in disbelief. I look up to only look back down at my white knuckles when I had seen hurt etched into her brown orbs. The room was now being filled with a thick tension that was slowly killing my very existence.

"Please Jennie, j..just leave." I whisper, internally scolding myself for stuttering in front of a strong, intimidating woman. But a strong woman was definitely not who she was in front of me, because what I was witnessing was a heart broken girl who had tears flowing down her smooth white cheeks which stunned me. I've seen her cry multiple times and in those times it was me holding her tight and consoling her but this is different. Because she wasn't crying because of her family, nor the hate from her fans. She wasn't shedding those tears for her boyfriend either, these tears were because of me and that feeling was causing me to mentally suffer.

"D..did I do something w..wrong?" I couldn't bear to the pain any longer. Hearing her voice breaking and the sobs that were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter