C15: What Was Once Forgotten [Will Come Back] (Pt. 2)

What Was Once Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C15: What Was Once Forgotten [Will Come Back] (Pt. 2)

It was a month after graduation and Doyoung and I sat at my first doctor's visit. I met with a lady named Doctor Han Yiahn. She was very nice right off the bat and she confirmed that I was pregnant, if there were any hidden doubt it was squashed now. She sends Doyoung and I back into the lobby with a small ultrasound picture.

The receptionist smiles at the both of us once we return to her. She sits up straighter, "Are you ready to schedule your next appointment?"

I awkwardly rub at the back of my neck. None of the people here were judging us for being young but I still felt slightly embarrassed. "Uh, yeah."

She nods and clicks away at her computer. Doyoung rests a hand on my back to comfort me, before confirming the date for my next appointment.

The lady smiles once more. "And how will you be paying? I'm assuming you are on your parent's health insurance?"

I blink and glance at Doyoung who shrugs. "Um, yeah." I fish out my parenrs insurance card to her and relunctantly hand it over. This just means it's time to tell my parents.

-

When we get to my place my anxiety has hit its peak. I was almost positive one of my parents would not approve, that parent would be my father. He was very adamant about me getting my education done before anything. In his eyes I had probably committed the worse crime. Doyoung seems to be ting himself as we open the door to the house. Sweat has formed on his forehead because of nervousness. My family had to accept me, but they didn't have to accept him. So I'm sure he was super nervous as well.

There was a sense of relief that fled over me once it hit me, if he doesn't approve then I could erase his memory of the moment we told him. There was always a second chance at making the announcement less nervewracking. I could do this.

So I grab Doyoung's hand tightly and tug him into the living room where my dad sat watching the nightly news. He looks up at seeing us enter. "Hey, your mom was wondering when you guys would be home. Honey," He hollers out for my mom. "They are back."

I tug Doyoung over to the couch and he sits down slowly running a hand through his hair nervously. I squeeze his hand lightly and he closes his eyes. I had never seen him so nervous before, this was a new side of him. I smile towards his appearance before my mom draws my attention as she enters the room.

"Hey, I'm getting ready to fix supper, what do you guys want?" She smiles.

I take a deep breath. "Um, first, Doyoung and I-we have to tell you something."

She nods cheerfully. "Okay."

I glance at Doyoung as he opens his eyes slowly to raise his eyes to look them both in the face.

"I'm pregnant." I bite my lip.

My mom's eyes widen, they move from me to Doyoung. "Is this a joke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter