C9: Locker 127

What Was Once Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C9: Locker 127

After class Doyoung talks Johnny into driving me to the locker rental place. I for some reason didn’t think I would be able to find the key so I thought maybe I could convince the owners to let me have whatever was in it.

Once Johnny pulls up in his car Doyoung gestures for me to get inside. Once I do I make eye contact with Johnny. He seems different from what I pictured him to look like. He smiles softly and nods as a greeting.

“Hello.” I greet him. Doyoung slips into the backseat beside me and closes the door after him.

“Where to?” Johnny asks glancing in the rear view mirror at the two of us.

“Han River Locker Rentals.” I say and he raises an eyebrow. His eyes dart down to his phone but he shakes his head and quickly nods putting the car in drive.

“Sure thing.” I ignore Johnny’s odd behavior, I didn’t know why he was acting odd but maybe that was for another time. Right now I need to focus on how I'm going to get into that locker.

We arrive at the locker rental place and Doyoung gets out with me leaving Johnny to sit in the car. Together Doyoung and I approach the office. Once inside a younger boy looks up towards us.

He smiles. “Welcome to Han River Locker Rentals, I’m Na Jaemin. How may I help you?”

I smile and nod towards the boy. “Um, I rented out locker 127 but I lost my key, is there any way I can get my stuff out of it without the key?”

He smiles wider. “There certainly is.” He moves to stand behind the counter clicking away at the keyboard that was sat in front of a computer screen. “Do you happen to remember the 4-digit code you set as a backup?”

I swallow. “I don’t believe so?”

“Try my birthday?” Doyoung suggest nudging me with his elbow.

“Uh, it may be 2196?” I tell Jaemin who types the code into the computer.

He nods. “Correct.” He hums moving to open a cabinet door behind him. It was full of spare keys. He hands me the spare for 127.

"Mark!” He hollers.

A second boy comes stumbling out of the back, he looks tired but straightens up as he sees us. “Oh hello!”

Jaemin sighs, clearly Mark was always tired by the way Jaemin reacted. “Can you show them to locker 127?”

Mark quickly nods looking back. “Follow me.”

Mark is quiet after that as he leads us back outside and down to the wing of lockers that 127 was in. He stops gesturing up to the locker. “Just bring the key back when you’re done.”

“Thanks.” I tell him as he backs away to head back inside. I instantly reach up slipping the key into the lock taking a deep breath before turning it. The door pops open and I slowly pull it all the way open.

Inside there was a small duffel bag.

Doyoung pulls it out and moves to it. He looks inside squinting before holding the bag out towards me. I step forward and let my eyes trail down to the inside of the bag. Inside was what looked to be the rest of my diary and other random things.

I pull one of the pieces of paper out. It was from an entry from senior year.

Doyoung and I spent the night together last night. I snuck out of my house at midnight and into his. It was a thrilling experience, though it’ll probably be the last time as I’m too worried I’ll get caught by my parents next time. They love Doyoung but I feel they would not like it if they knew I was sneaking out to meet with him.

I blink up towards Doyoung. “It’s my diary.”

I take the bag from him. “Let’s hurry and get home so we can read the rest!”

Johnny drives us back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter