C7: We Can Make New Memories

What Was Once Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C7: We Can Make New Memories

I unlock my door letting Doyoung inside before me. He is immediately checking the place out as he takes his shoes off and starts down the hall.

I follow after him until he’s finally settled on the couch. I sit down beside him and things got awkwardly silent. My eyes were on the floor but I could see him gripping his knees out of the corner of my eye.

I tear my gaze from the floor to take him in. He swallows, his adam’s apple bobbing as he does, glancing at me as well. He shuffles turning to face me more before leaning closer. I knew we were going to kiss, we were going to see if it brought back any memories. Even knowing it was going to happen made me nervous, would I remember everything?

My eyes slowly travel down from his eyes to his lips. I bite my lip nervously before leaning in closer myself. My eyes naturally close as I felt his breath on my nose. His lips slowly press into mine and a flood of warmth flushes throughout me.

Honestly he felt like home. A home that I had come back to after some time. One that had been lost in the woods for centuries only for me to find once again. Though it wasn’t the same as it was missing some things.

Doyoung’s hands roam to my hips as he leans me back against the couch to the point he’s laying on top of me. He pulls back to stare down at me his wide innocent eyes searching mine for some sort of memory of doing this before. He seems almost desperate as he bends back down making our lips meet once again. It felt good to kiss someone, or maybe it was just kissing Doyoung that felt good? I didn't know, but I wish I did. If this was how it felt to kiss anyone, that if I kissed someone that it'd feel the same, that Doyoung wasn't special.

As the kiss heats up I begin to feel something wet hitting my cheeks. My arms that were around Doyoung’s neck quickly press on his chest to push him away, tears were streaming down his face and onto mine. He quickly wipes at his eyes looking away.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him.

He sniffs holding back from crying more. “This all feels familiar, like I know I’ve done it before and it feels great. But I had hopes that once we kissed it would all come back to us, though it doesn’t seem that it’ll happen that way.”

I move my hands up wipe his tears from his face. “It’s okay, we can always make more memories?"

He offers me a small smile. “You’re right.” Lying down beside me he pulls me into his chest. “Let’s take things slowly then, so we can make lots of memories between us.”

My heart stutters, he wanted to continue to do things like this with me? Did he not feel it was odd to kiss someone he didn't know too well?

-

Doyoung and I are drawn from our sleep by the ringing of my cell phone. I groan not wanting to move from my place in his arms because oddly enough it felt nice but the ringing wouldn’t stop. I pull out of Doyoung’s embrace to grab my phone off the coffee table. I was expecting it to be Jaehyun or even possibly Taeyong, but it was an unknown number.

Could it be an actual call from someone I had known prior to the event or was it just a spam call?

Regardless I answer the call.

“Hello, Miss Lee?” A voice calls out from the other end.

“Hello?” I reply. “Who is this?”

The woman chuckles from her side. “This is Doctor Park, from Seoul University’s Neurobiology department.”

“Do I know you?” I ask her.

She hums. “Yes you do, I’m assuming you became too impatient and erased your memories as well?”

My eyes widen, this woman knew about what I could do?

“Ur, um-how do you know about that?” I glance back at Doyoung who had waken up, sitting up on his elbows hearing how confused I was.

“You called me shortly after you erased your boyfriend's memories by accident.” She states. “More importantly you had asked me to look into methods to regain forgotten memories, I think I may have found a way.”

My heart pounds in my chest. “Really?”

She hums. “Yes, but do you still want them back? If you erased your own I assume you haven’t been close to your boyfriend, will you be able to talk him into coming?”

I smile towards Doyoung. “He’s actually with me right now, we have both been seeing what I believe to be memories I’ve erased and are,” I glance at him. "Friends for the time being." Doyoung turns away ftrom the conversation to stare at his hands.

She sounds thrilled from her end of the phone. “I am happy for you. If you’d like to set up an appointment to come see me then we can make one right now.”

I bite my lip. “Can I talk to Doyoung about it and get back to you tomorrow?”

“Yes of course.”

“Okay. Thank you!”

I hang up and Doyoung sends me a questioning look.

“That was a Doctor I apparently called before erasing my memories, she thinks she can help us get our memories back.” I smile and his eyes widen.

“Really?” He grabs ahold of my hands suddenly excited.

I quickly nod. “Should we meet up with her?”

He shrugs. “Of course!”

I glance over at the clock, it was 9:45 pm. I should probably tell Taeyong and Jaehyun too. Regardless of what’s happened they are still my friends. Doyoung lies back down on the couch wrapping an arm around my waist. I couldn’t help but smile softly at the action, it was cute.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter