C6: It's All My Fault

What Was Once Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C6: It's All My Fault

The next couple of days go by normally, Doyoung and I would sit in the library every day after class practicing what we’d do during the presentation of our project. This continues on until two weeks have passed and the presentation has been presented.

I had gotten to know Doyoung more in the past two weeks. He was goofy, smart, and charming. He wasn’t afraid to sass people off if he was pissed, I oddly found it cute. All in all I could see why I had dated him even if the feelings weren't really there now.

After class ends today and I’ve finished packing up I notice Doyoung is staring at me. Like he was waiting for me to notice.

“What?” I snort towards him.

“Do you mind if we go some place to talk?” He bites his lip looking away.

“I don’t mind.”

We end up at the campus coffee shop, sitting across from one another. He was sipping on a fruity beverage while I sipped on some coffee.

He awkwardly messes around with the straw of his cup for a couple of seconds before his eyes dart up to me. “Do you remember that dream I told you about?”

I slowly nod sitting my coffee down suddenly super interested in what he was about to say.

“I had another, it was different though.” His cheeks seemed to turn a bit red. “We were lying in bed together, you were lying on top of me,” He pauses quickly shaking his hands. “Not in like a dirty way or anything though.” He quickly dismisses my non-existent dirty thoughts. “Your head rests on my chest making it to where you were looking directly at me, my hands were on your cheeks. And I keep pouting because I can’t reach your lips to kiss you.”

My heart pounds in my chest. I had day dreamed about the same situation before, back when the two of us first started working on our project. So then, did that mean it was a memory?

Doyoung laughs awkwardly. “I know it may seem weird of me to bring these up, and you might feel creeped out. But it’s just those dreams feel so real, like I don’t know how to explain it? It’s as if they actually happened?”

I swallow, so he was starting to question things too.

Doyoung awkwardly clears his throat. “And that’s not the only weird things that have happened to me. I’ve been keeping some things to myself since I’ve met you.”

“And what are those things?” My coffee long forgotten.

He awkwardly rubs at his left arm. “My roommate Johnny keeps asking me if I broke up with my girlfriend because he has noticed she hasn’t been there. But I haven’t ever had a girlfriend? Or well not a serious one? Maybe like one in elementary school or such?”

His eyes dart up to mine and then away. “I was confused about the whole situation, so I asked him to elaborate on it. Johnny also seemed confused at first but recently he's been avoiding the topic.” He sighs. “Then there’s the weirdest part of it all, before he started avoiding the topic he told me my girlfriend’s name was Lee Yooyeon.”

My eyes widen. I guess my past self didn’t take into consideration that Johnny would tell him this stuff?

He pulls out his phone and unlocks it, clicking on his calendar app he pulls up a date. It was the January 3rd of my junior year. On it was an event “Mine & Yooyeon’s Anniversary.”

“What’s going on, Yooyeon?” He asks his voice flat and serious. “I didn’t believe it at first but something’s happened right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter