C13: The Fifth Reason

What Was Once Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C13: The Fifth Reason

I rush down after Taeyong hoping he hasn’t yet made it to his car. As I stumble out of the building I see Taeyong’s back as he makes it to his car.

“Taeyong!” I holler after him.

He pauses and I quickly catch up to him. He gets into the car without looking at me, I follow after him slipping into the passenger seat.

“Are you sure?” He speaks up once I’ve gotten my seatbelt on.

“Yes.”

Taeyong buckles his belt into place and clears his throat. “Once you find everything out do you want me to tell Doyoung too?”

I glance at Taeyong who was still staring straight ahead. Did I want him to tell Doyoung too?

I swallow, my eyes flit to my lap. “If the last reason is related to him somehow then yes. If not then it’s not his memory to remember anyways, is it?”

Taeyong turns the key starting the car. “I’ll tell him tonight once I’ve dropped you back off then.”

So then Doyoung was related to the fifth reason?

Taeyong goes silent again as he drives out of my apartment complex. I focus on the scenery passing by outside the window, trying to get a grasp of where we might be going.

We drive past our college, past the Han River Locker Rentals, to a part of the city I didn’t know too well anymore. Certain things stuck out vividly to me but other’s not so much.

Taeyong pulls off the main road and into a parking lot and puts the car into park turning it off. I lean forward reading the building name that was facing the front of his car.

Seoul Community Hospital.

A hospital?

Did someone else die? Was I sick? Or was Doyoung sick? Like a deathly ill type of sick?

“Taeyong what are we doing here?” I glance at him.

“You are here to find out the fifth and final reason why you erased your memories.” He states glancing at me. I look at him with a frown noticing how he emphasized “you” in his sentence.

“What am I supposed to do here?” I ask him confused.

He takes my hand into his. “Go inside. Go to the front desk and tell them your name, tell them you are there to see Doctor Han Yiahn.”

I let my lips press into a firm line. “And he’ll tell me?”

“She.” He corrects me. “She will tell you.”

I felt my forehead crease. Why would a random doctor tell me? Did I know her?

“Are you not going in?” I squeeze his hand. “What if she’s not there? What if she’s busy?”

Taeyong pulls his hand from mine. “She’s there, I called earlier and made sure. The receptionist claims she’s free all day today.”

“So you’re not going in with me?” I ask him again almost desperately.

“I’m not. I’ll wait out here.”

I take a deep breath. Fine.

I unbuckle my seatbelt opening the door.

-

Inside I do exactly as Taeyong said. I walk up to the front desk and wait until one of the receptionist notices me.

“Hello how may I help you?” One of them smiles towards me.

“Um, I’m Lee Yooyeon. I’m here to see Doctor Han Yiahn.” I repeat the words Taeyong told me to say.

She hums and types away at her computer. “Are you here for a check up?”

“Uh, yeah sure.” I murmur. If that’s what got me alone in a room with her then why not?

“Okay Miss Lee, take a seat over there and one of the Nurses will be down to get you soon.” She smiles gesturi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter