Chapter 7

Hired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi D.O

"How have you been Yeol"? D.O smiles that charming smile he used to do that made me weak at the knees but not so much now. I do miss him, don't get me wrong we were together for 6 years but he also left me at the altar for no reason whatsoever. Plus this is the first time I have seen him since the day before our wedding.

"I'm great, thank you" I give him a fake smile as I feel Baekhyun's hand squeeze mine.

"So who is this?" He fake smiles looking Baekhyun up and down then back to me.

"This is....."

"I'm the boyfriend" Baekhyun interrupts me and holds out his hand towards D.O for him to take and shake.

"Oh ... I'm Kyungsoo but my friends call me D.O" he smiles a smug smile.

"Nice to meet you Kyungsoo" Baekhyun says his real name making the smile fade off D.O's face. I can feel the tension in the room as I begin to sweat again watching D.O moving close to Baekhyun as if he wants to hit him or something.

"Come sit with us D.O, have you eaten, would you like some food my dear?" My mother is all over him like a rash, she always loved D.O all because he was due to take over from his father when he retired from the family business and with me marrying him I would be well set for life. I wasn't marrying D.O for money though, I was marrying him for his heart.

"I have eaten thank you mom, I just thought I would pop in and say hello since I just came back from America last night " he turns and smiles at me while looking at my lips, another thing he use to do to make me blush when I knew he wanted to kiss me and how dare he still call my mum mom.

"It's Mrs Park to you now D.O" I grit my teeth feeling the rage inside me build.

"Baby let's sit" Baekhyun says, making me turn to face him as he looks at me with wide eyes saving me from my past memories.

I remember Baekhyun telling me to treat him like the girl of the relationship so I very awkwardly pull out his chair as he sits down while looking up at me " Thanks Baby" he smiles  at me as I find myself blushing. I have never done this PDA stuff before because D.O never liked it, he always wanted to keep it behind closed doors. On the lead up to our wedding he said when it came to us having to kiss on our wedding day he would just want to kiss on the cheek no lips. This upset me a lot, like aren't you supposed to kiss your new partner to seal your vows and show your love to family and friends.

"So D.O, do you have a date for my wedding?" Yoora asks, making us all look up as dessert is placed in front of us. "I have been too busy with work for all that nonsense" he smirks while looking back at me. I feel anger build inside me again, he always hated the romantic stuff but was I nonsense?, is that why he really left me standing at the altar being embarrassed by every one of our friends and family?.

Once dessert, tea and coffee were finished, my mother insisted we have drinks in the family room. Standing up to move to the other room Baekhyun pulls me to the side away from anyone else hearing. "How are you holding up?" he touches my arm in a comforting way making the tears fill my eyes. "I have just had to go through an hour of  how amazing his life is without me in it" I sniff taking my glasses off and wiping my eyes. "Hey you are doing great ,ok keep the PDA stuff up because it's working".

"What do you mean?" I place my glasses back on sliding them up the bridge of my nose. "He cant stop looking at you, have you seen the look on his face when I touched your leg when the tea and coffees were being served" he looks all excited making me smile "really?"  I whisper moving closer .

"Take my hand now and guide me into the family room" he smiles all excited holding out his hand for me to take. I take a deep breath and take his small thin hand into my large hand making me smile at just how small his hand really is in mine, as we walk into the room seeing my mother sitting in your favourite chair being handed a glass containing her favourite brandy.

I sit along the sofa with Baekhyun sitting close beside me, his legs crossed as he lays his hand on my thigh making it look natural. "I'll have a drink to baby" he leans and whispers as I stumble, getting up and then panicking not knowing what actual drink he likes. I look towards him trying to not get spotted by the others in the room "which one" I mouth the words as I shrug over to him. I point at a bottle and he shakes his head no so I move again to the next one making him nod a yes before he looks towards my mother and soaks up all the information about what she has planned for the wedding of the year.   

Once I have our drinks I move back over to Baekhyun sitting back down beside him handing him his whiskey. "Cheers baby" he clinks my glass making me smile as he then takes a sip. I can't help but look at his beautiful smile and also be very grateful that he is doing all this for me.  

The hours pass by as we listen to mom and Yoora go on and on about wedding this and wedding that , who is with whom making my head start to pound.

"Still get your headaches I see" D.O smiled before sitting beside me since Baekhyun had gone to the bathroom. "Ye....yeah just now and again" I stutter like a fool as usual. "Do you want me to get you some painkillers?" He gives me a cheeky grin, making me nervous. "No I can get them myself " I stand up and head towards the kitchen to the press where my mum holds all medical things. Opening the press I rummage through all the bottles of vitamins and finally come across painkillers. Taking them o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter