Chapter 6

Hired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I have no idea what to wear" I stand looking over the double bed with all my clothes on it, yes the four cases are all spilled all over the bed. "Chanyeol, we are just going down stairs for dinner. Wear what you feel comfortable in" Baekhyun smiles at me while fixing his white jumper sitting over his tight denim jeans.

"I'm so so nervous, what if he is here, what if ...... " I rummage through all the clothes trying to find something as I hang up the ones that I won't wear. "Stop saying what if , if he is there then we will deal with it ok now come on, your mum said it was casual anyway so put that light blue jumper on over a pair of jeans" he points towards them on the bed as I quickly grab them and head into the bathroom to put them on as I nearly walk into the door frame being so nervous  while he laughs at me.

'I can't do this, I can't face him after all these years of him leaving me at the altar, what if he brought a date or maybe has a husband, oh god I can't do this' I lean over the sink hyperventilating as I hear Baekhyun knock on the door "Chanyeol are you ok Baby?" my sister or someone must be in the room with him for him to call me that again. "I slow my breathing before I open the door after changing.

"Hey baby are you ok?" Baekhyun winks at me as my sister sits behind him on the bed. "Yes of course, sorry Yoora can you give us a minute" I look at her sad pouting face as she leaves the room in huff "Fine you too love birds will have to face us soon" she slams the door leaving.

"What's wrong, you look white as a sheet" Baekhyun moves closer to me guiding me to sit on the bed . "I can't stop panicking, my heart is racing" I look up at him as he laughs down at me. "Your not going to be able to do this at all are you?" He sits beside me on the bed with his hands on his lap. Taking my glasses off I fall back onto the bed with my glasses in my hand. "I don't think I can" I feel disappointed in myself after coming all this way and not being able to go down a few steps to have dinner.

"Ok well then I guess you are gonna miss your sister's wedding, good luck explaining that one to her" he stands up and grabs his suitcase before opening the wardrobe. "What are you doing?" I sit up looking confused at him. "No point in me being here if you're not going to the wedding" he starts to put his clothes into his suitcase.

"Wait your right, my sister will flip and I can't ruin her big day" I huff out a big sigh before putting my glasses back on. "Look just follow my lead ok, I will get you through tonight" he holds out his hand for me as I take it and stand up. " Do I look ok?" I brush down my jumper and jeans before standing up straight in front of him for him to check me. "You look great now come on" he opens the bedroom door and waits for me to step outside closing it behind us.

Walking down the hallway and down the stairs we can hear the voices of people in the Dining area as I slow down turning to look at Baekhyun. "You will be fine, now just go along with whatever I do ok and don't flinch so much when I touch you" he smiles grabbing my hand and linking our fingers together. I feel myself start to shake as he stops and looks at me laughing. "Chanyeol will you stop we can do this" he gives my hand a squeeze reaching for my glasses with his other hand he slides them back up the bridge of my nose "That's better now, lets go baby" I blush like crazy as he walks beside me pulling me in the direction of the dining room.

"Finally we have been waiting for you two love birds" Yoora jumps up from her seat running over to us and begins to link Baekhyun walking us over to the table. " oh I am so happy my family are all here under the one roof having dinner and also with their partners" my mum smiles the biggest smile I have ever seen in a long time. "Chanyeol darling I am ever so happy you have come home for your sisters wedding" she starts to cry as my dad hands her a handkerchief to wipe her tears.  " I know the last time you where home it was your wedding and we had to cancel and lose all that money"

" Shhhhh honey now is not the time to talk about that cant you see he has a new partner here with him, you will make him feel uncomfortable" I bow my head down to my lap feeling the lump in my throat and feeling so pissed off at what my mother just said. I try so hard to hold back my tears that I feel Baekhyun's hand touch my thigh making me look towards him as he gives me a wink and a gentle smile making me smile too. 

Dinner finally arrives and shuts my mother up from saying anything more about my past. "So Baekhyun, how did you two meet?" my father asked him making me near choke on my chicken.

"H....he....he works with a friend of mine and we met at a club Dad" I feel the sweat start on my back and I'm sure I felt a few drops hit the table from my forehead.

"I'm sure Baekhyun can speak for himself son" my dad leans his head to the side smiling while continuing to eat. I turn to look at baekhyun with pure fear in my eyes, I can see him holding back a laugh making me more annoyed.

"Yes sir, like Chanyeol said we met in a club, I knew his friend Heechul so he invited me along for drinks" my body is shaking that much I must look like I am having a seizure, it feels like the shirt under my jumper is sticking to my back with sweat.

"Ah so you met my son there and let me guess it kinda started from there" My dad smirks knowing full well I hate when he does this.

"Well sir we spoke that night and a few days later he got up the courage to ring me" baekhyun holds my hand on the table making my mother and father coo.

"Oh isn't that sweet our chanyeol making the first move finally in his life" my mum smiles at me but deep down I know she was never happy with me, she always hounded me to stand on my own two feet even though I had a job, car and apartment it was never enough, she wanted me married and to be the perfect son, when I came out I was gay s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter