Chapter 22

Hired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's pov

Arriving home to my penthouse as I park my car in the underground car park. I feel so deflated. I really wanted to see him but I understand where he is coming from. I have to earn his trust especially after how D.O treated him.

Reaching the door of my apartment I step inside closing the door turning on the lights. It's been awhile since I have been at home and not hurrying to get ready for a date or for dinner. I fall on the sofa as i slip off my shoes looking around the place. This place is way to big for just me. Maybe I should sell it.
Standing up I head to my kitchen pulling open my large fridge door which has never been full since the day I bought it. Seeing the bottle of wine on the rack I grab it closing the fridge. Picking up a glass I head towards my balcony and slide the large glass door open before stepping outside.

Looking out at the city lights below I can't help but think of my man being alone and having to deal with all I have to do this week. I just want him to hold me in his big arms and kiss me softly.

Sitting on the large outdoor sofa I click the button on the open planned fire as it comes to life while I sit back and pour out a glass of wine. Laying my head back and closing my eyes my mind drifts off to the first day I met Chanyeol and how he was too shy to come into the cafe. How he was staring at my car more then me. I laugh to myself as I sit up and take my phone out of my pocket seeing the messages I missed.

(person 1)
What is this I hear of you leaving what's going on?

(person 2)
I hope I get to see you before you go, you have helped me so much by listening to me

(person 3)
Baekhyun I'm sorry to hear you are leaving let's meet soon for your goodbye drink

I can't help but smile of all the messages coming through from the people I got to meet along the way in the work I did. Closing my phone I feel my heart flutter as the one person I have been trying to put off as best I can hasnt make contact back just yet since Kai forced me to leave them a voicemail earlier.

My phone starts to ring in my hand making me jump at the name coming through. I take a deep breath and watch as it continues to flash in my hand making my heart race in my chest so hard that I can nearly see my heart pop out of my chest. I wait and watch as it stops ringing.

Dropping it onto the sofa beside me I stand up pacing my balcony looking at the sofa every now and again to see if ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter