Chapter 24

Hired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After sitting in an all night cafe with Sehun showing eachother comfort as our men lay in hospital beds after been so badly hurt I can't help but think why didn't they get out of a job like this sooner.

"It's visiting time again, I need to go see Kai. See if he has woken up" Sehun looks at me looking so tired just like I am after he opened up his heart to me about the love he has for Kai. Upon hearing his stories it made me realise I feel the same for baekhyun. "Let's go see our men" I smile getting up from the chair that I am sure now has the imprint of my in it since I haven't moved from it after I first sat down well only to use the bathroom but that was all. I pay for our meals and drinks knowing Sehun is far to worried about Kai right now.

"Thank you Chanyeol for listening to me and for this I will pay you back" Sehun looks away looking so sad as I guide him out the door towards the hospital. I feel the same as him but his partner hasn't woken up mine has so I can worry less I guess.

Arriving at the hospital he takes me by surprise hugging me before he runs off in the direction of Kai's room as I go find baekhyun.

Reaching his room I try fix myself before I head inside knowing sitting in a cafe all night won't make me look anyway decent. Pushing the door open I see him asleep making me tiptoe in closing the door gently behind me as not to wake him. Walking slowly towards him seeing his cuts, bruises and bandage over his eye I can't help but get upset again. Standing beside his bed I gently touch his hand as I lean over and kiss his forehead gently receiving a little soft smile before he wakes up.

"You came back" he smiles trying to sit up but wincing in pain. Quickly I wrap an arm around him helping him sit up as he fixes his blanket. "Of course I did I promised you I would" I pull the chair that is beside his bed and move it closer so I can still hold his hand. "You look tired Chanyeol" he rubs his free hand over our linked one making me let out a tear. "I stayed in a cafe around the corner with Sehun, kais boyfriend because he was in a bad way lastnight and wouldn't leave so I suggested we stay and come back when we where allowed". I look up into his eye as he let's out a tear too. "Thank you for staying you have such a huge heart" he sniffs making me see a weaker side of him as I get up from the chair and move to hug him without hurting him.

"How is Kai do you know?" he sniffs as I hand him some tissues from the bedside table. "He hasn't woken up yet that's all I know so far. I can go find out for you if you like?" I watch as he grabs my hand again. "No please stay we can find out in a minute. I just don't feel like being alone anymore" he grabs my hand tighter making me think this has affected him alot more then just the cuts and bruises. "I'm not going anywhere just let me text work ok and then I'm all yours" I take my hand back as I sent a quick message to my boss telling him I won't be able to make it today as something has come up. Pressing send I put the phone in my pocket and look back at baek who is smiling. "Why you smiling?" I smile back as I move closer to him. "I guess I am happy your here and I haven't lost you. I missed you so much this week Chanyeol". He begins to cry as i feel bad for telling him to go the other night when all he wanted to do was see me but I had to follow my heart and wait till all his meetings where done and over with.

"I've missed you too so much baekhyun I'm sorry I stayed away I just couldn't in my heart watch you going on those meetings". He reaches his hand up and cups my cheek. "Hey its all over now and I'm official free from that work now, so if its OK with you can I kiss you now and be with you" he smiles but quickly stops after hurting his busted lip. "I want to kiss you but your lip looks so sore". "Chaneyol please it's been a whole week I need to feel your lips please" he grabs my top pulling me in closer making us both laugh as I ever so gently kiss his top lip trying not to hurt his bottom busted one. "See your kissing it better already" he pulls away smiling before touching his hurt lip.

" Goodmorning Mr Byun how are you feeling this morning?" a nurse enters the room holding a chart." Still in pain but I guess I will survive" he tries to be his charming self but I know it will probably take awhile before he feels like that again. "Well baekhyun turns out your able to go home today, just keep taking the pain killers, a nice sleep in your own bed will help heal, trust me. I have some new dressings here in a little bag for you for your eye and some butterflies stitches for your eyebrow. Change these when needed and keep the area clean as best you can. "What is wrong with my eye nurse please tell me?" Baekhyun holds my hand tighter as if afraid of her reply. "It is rather swollen you wouldn't have seen out of it for a few days. Since you where hit a few times in the eye we have it covered to help with the healing process. You where bleeding from it so to stop infection keep it covered and clean once a day. Everything you need is in the bag to help you. So if you want to start getting ready we can have you out of here in a hour. I will say one thing to you, someone should stay with you for a few days " Baekhyun shakes her hand thanking her before she leaves.

" That's good news you can go home" I look at him as he has his head lowered. "Baekhyun are you ok?" I sit on the chair so I can see him better. Turning his head to face me I see him cry. "I'm so lucky going home with a few cuts and bruises and poor Kai hasn't woken up yet. Will you stay with me for a few days?" he looks at me with that one puppy dog eye thats making me melt. "Of course I will" I reach closer rubbing the back of his neck trying to show comfort making him just smile back.

We are signed out and ready to leave as I help him walk. He was kicked so hard his ribs where bruised so since he didn't want the wheelchair to help him out to a taxi he just held onto me as we made our way to see how Kai was doing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter