Chapter 4

Hired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dreaded Monday morning arrives as my alarm sound echoes around the room making me grab my phone to turn the ear shrieking sound off.

Sitting up, more tired than I have ever been as I stretch out my body making all my joints crack. I head to the bathroom to get ready for work while walking straight into the door frame of the bathroom attached to my room .

, I grab my chest as pain starts to form, great another bruise to add to my collection of clumsy mishaps. I turn back around to my bedside table and grab my glasses sliding them on as I return to the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror at the state of myself as I wait for the shower water to get warm. I can't help but wonder after being awake most of the night, would the idea that popped into my head last night solve all my problems?.

Once I'm ready I grab my bag slinging it over my shoulder as I head out the door for school. Yes school when I moved here to Japan, ok let me rephrase that when I ran away here to Japan, my good friend Heechul got me a job working in the local school as a cleaner. I didn't mind it much. The kids were not that messy, plus I needed the money.

Flash back

One day while sweeping the corridor I happened to hear what sounded like bullies pushing and hating on a kid. I shouted at them in Japanese to stop till one of the bullies started to curse at me in English thinking I wouldn't know what he said but little did he know English is my first love of mine so I told him off in English making him freeze to the spot.

"Now apologise to him before I drag you to the principal's office". They quickly apologise and run off only to bump into the principal turning the corner. "You three detention now" the principal pointed at the three bullies as they walked off to detention.

"Mark are you ok?" The principal questions the boy who was being bullied as he just nods his head in return. "Go see my secretary and you can wait there for one of your parents to arrive". The boy thanks me before running off.

"So Mr Park you speak English very well, I have an opening to teach English here in my school, I think it would suit you nicely". 

"I'm not sure Mr Lee, I wouldn't know how to set up a system to teach it". 

"Mr Park, we have different sections you teach at different parts of the term, all you have to do is follow that and there should be no problem, plus you would be helping me out of a lot of trouble trying to find a replacement teacher" he smiles waiting for my answer.

I could do with the money so I decide.
"Sure yes I will take it" I smile back as he shakes my hand "good choice Mr Park, when you have finished doing what you're doing please drop by my office and I can go over the schedule for this term".

End of flashback

So basically that's how I got the job I'm in now. Reaching the school gates I head inside to my classroom as I walk to my desk. I look at the pile of test papers that I gave them last week and I can't help but smile at how good my class has been doing. I put my bag down on my chair followed by my coat and opened all the windows in the room to quickly let in some fresh air.

"Good morning sir" I hear a shaky voice come behind me as I turn around

"Good morning Jungkook you are early this morning, is something wrong?" I look at him with a puzzled look as he blushes a little and bows his head all shy.

"I woke early sir, plus I have been excited to see my test result" he looks at me all smiles as he sits down in his seat.

"I see" I know he is lying as he has been struggling a lot in my class but it's not like him to be so early till it finally hits me.

"Morning Park" a cheeky voice comes from the doorway making me laugh. 

"Its Mr Park, Taehyung" I scold the boy
as he takes his seat a few chairs away from Jungkook. 

"I know sir I just wanted to make you smile" he smiles at me with a toothy smile as I turn to see Jungkook admiring him. Till it hits me Jungkook is only early because of Taehyung, as is always the first in my class in the mornings.

"Oh hi Jungkook your early this morning usually it's just me and Mr Park here in the mornings what has you in so early?" Taehyung questions him as I see Jungkook look down at his desk about to blush. I can't help but think should I let him answer or save him.

"I just wanted to see how I was doing in my results as I have been struggling" he answers as I try to hide back a smile.

"I'm sure you did ok, isn't that right Park..I mean Mr Park" Taehyung smiles at me again

"You will have to wait and see when the rest of the class gets here".

As we wait for the class to fill up my mind drifts off to my biggest problem, my date for my sister's wedding.

Last night while going over it in my head I decided that my grandpa left us all a lot of money each so I could dip into that. I know I promised myself I wouldn't touch the 20,000 dollars he left me unless it was important, but this is important to me.

"Mr Park" I hear the kids shout as they bring me back to reality. 

"Yes Good Morning everyone, so are you ready for your results?" I watch some of them all sit up excited while the others try to hide.

"I don't really want mine sir" Jackson bows his head as I flick through the pile of papers and place his on the table in front of him with a smile.

"Omg sir is this really mine?" he jumps up from his chair all excited and in shock

"Its sure is well done" I move to the next

"How did I get 79%?" He shouts again

"Jackson sit down and calm your boots" I laugh towards him making him sit. "You got 79% because you worked hard, makes you 20% up from last time" I watch as he wiggles in his seat all excited

"M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter