Chapter Seven

The Wrong Side of Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter seven thank you.

“Yes, you are surrounded by darkness. But so is the sun.”

―Arti Das

 

The days and nights were the hardest for Minzy. She felt she couldn’t tell anyone of the confliction she was having with the doctors cause it felt like no one believed her. But she was sure someone was giving her mom the wrong medication for the wrong causes. She felt so hopeless. She wasn’t sure if it was a doctor who obviously didn’t do so great in medical school or what.

 

Mino would call or show up but she was too drained emotionally to want to speak with him or do anything involving him. She felt a sense of anger that he wasn’t what she needed to vent herself out.

 

It was an emotional night when Minzy walked outside to get some fresh air. She had a bad gut feeling and was just too emotional all throughout the day. She walked out to get some air when an idea popped up in her head. She walked towards where she remembered she had seen kris and the guys that one day she had passed out.

 

It was dark and there were no lights to show that they were in there. However she still knocked but there was no sound or anyone opening the door.

 

She walked down the streets when she went to the club she had remembered she had seen someone that looked like kris. She stopped by and got in line to enter. “Miss you can’t enter… you aren’t dressed appropriately to enter” she eyed how girls were dress and rolled her eyes “I’m not gonna get half to speak to a guy” the security shoved her to the side “then you can’t enter.”

 

She got back in line, when she got to the front she forced herself in before he had a moment to realize she was the same girl. She quickly got lost in the crowd as security began to look for her. She looked around and saw the gang with a lot of girls in a room upstairs. However, there was another security containing that area. She had to think of something she had to speak to them now.

 

Her best option was forcing herself in again but now she had like 5 big men looking for her and with guns. She walked closer to the staircase trying to remain undetected. When the security turned to check out a girl she shoved him hard and squeezed herself in successfully. She ran up the staircase and to the room she quickly swung it open. She locked the room trying to catch her breath as the security were pounding on the door. While the gang looked at her confused with their hands on the gun ready to take it out if needed.

 

“Kris..” she said between breaths as he signaled with his hand to the security to let them be. She shoved her way from between the girls who were all over him and got on her knees. “Please help me out” she pleaded as all eyes were on her.

 

She would have never stoop as low as to get on her knees to beg but to her this was necessary it was her mother’s life. He shoved the girls away and ordered them to leave. She felt pity for those girls she wouldn’t want anyone leaving the life they were living. But she couldn’t be thinking about that in that moment.

 

He extended his hand as if he was a gentlemen, she grabbed it and got up and sat down next to him. “Baby girl making a deal with me is like making a deal with the devil that means I expect something in return.” She nodded “but I helped you-“ he cut her off “if what you ask for is the same price as what you helped me with then it’s a clean deal if not I expect something in the future.” He said as he brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, she shivered and nodded.

 

Everyone in the room listened carefully “I think someone is trying to kill my mom or they just at their job. I need your help to transfer her to another hospital for some such reason they are really strict and don’t let me take her.” He nodded thinking as the whole gang looked at each other.

 

“We will do it leave it all to us” her eyes brighten up “thank you so much thank you” she bowed so many times.

 

She headed back to the hospital where her heart ached to see her mother like that. It was during the night when Minzy and her sister were falling asleep when the gang walked in with guns and masks covering their faces. They dragged the bed out fighting with the nurses and doctors as they took the bed to a van in the parking lot waiting for them, while one of them was holding the IV bag up. Minzy held minyoung back from fighting and told her mom to trust her.

 

They got her mom into the van and sped to Seoul hospital. Minzy dragged her sister out and told her to drive them to Seoul hospital.

 

“Minzy what were you thinking”

 

“I was thinking about mom they were killing her minyoung”

 

“Minzy you went to criminals for help”

 

“At least they are helping out unlike those piece of s doctors”

 

“What was the deal? You? Your money? Or what?”

 

Minzy stayed quiet “I don’t know yet” her sister hit the steering wheel “Minzy this isn’t the way mino could have-“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter