Chapter Four

The Wrong Side of Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter four cold night.

“One day the peace will stay. One day happiness will find its way”

―rayaan

 

The next day was Minzy’s day off she stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes. She looked at the time to see it was already noon. She walked out of her room with her hair a mess and still in pjs. What she didn’t expect was to find mino at her house so early….. or late. She didn’t expect him to be there at all.

 

Her eyes widen as she saw his figure in the kitchen talking to her mom. She knew too well how his back looked so she silently tip toed back to her room, however she heard him call out to her “minzy!” She didn’t turn around to look at him.

 

“Oppa! Didn’t know you were here” she could hear his feet getting closer.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. “Oppa I didn’t expect you to be here let me get ready” and without letting him respond she slammed her rooms door and began to wash in her restroom and dress up.

 

She walked out grinning at mino and mino at her “yah! You two are suspicious stop stay over there by yourselves” her mom screamed at them from the kitchen “yes mom!” They both said in sync.

 

To say minzy was the happiest right now was an underestimate she felt that she was flying up in the clouds or as if she had taken a drug that she hoped never ended.

 

They went to sit down on the table “why did you come oppa?” Minzy finally asked. Mino took out a white bag “I came to bring you some medicine I don’t want you getting sick.”

 

She took the bag smiling as she remembered what happened last night.

 

He had came back for her dripping all wet from how much he had ran to try to find her. He had drove off angry but then he felt bad. He knew it wasn’t her fault that rumors were going around that she was shameless for hooking up with a gang member and worse helping him escape.

 

To mino it was like a stab in the heart he began to doubt if maybe minzy had actually done all that. He waited outside for her to see if he could get an explanation but when she lied he began to drown with thoughts of her actually doing what the rumors were saying. He didn’t want to hear anymore from her he felt he had heard enough.

 

However, as he was driving away he realized he was so irrational. He hated what he became when he wasn’t thinking clearly. Worse it began to pour and she was out there walking by herself. When he saw her and ran up to her and she smiled he realized that minzy would never be able to do that.

 

They both got in the car laughing at how wet they were splashing the other by waving their hands, the soaked sleeves splashed water. They both tried to dry the other up but they had nothing that was dry so he took her home and made sure she got in safely.

 

“Thank you oppa” she smiled as she set the bag aside.

 

Her mom began to put the food on the table, he leaned in and whispered “sorry about last night” minzy gulped as the guilt began to kick in, she just nodded.

 

After eating she walked him out to the car to have private time without her parents watching over their shoulder.

 

“Let’s go out later” mino said abruptly and awkwardly making Minzy laugh “I’m bad at this” he said scratching his head.

 

“I can’t I promised the girls we would hang out” she pouted.

 

“I can join”

 

“That would be awkward. You are our boss-“

 

“I thought they liked me”

 

“They do! Don’t get me wrong it’s just I don’t want people to think I’m getting special favors either you know.”

 

Mino sighed agreeing even though he had no choice. He wanted to spend his free day with her and so did she but she already had plans.

 

“But you can help me go get them some gifts I hadn’t got them anything for Christmas cause we were so busy.” His sad face turned into a big smile.

 

Minzy said goodbye to her family and headed out to the mall in his car. Mino gritted through his teeth seeing all the streets cut off with police tape “I hate this good for nothing’s all they do is cause fear in society.” Minzy said nothing just looking out. She hoped her sister was ok.

 

Large parts of the cities where taped off with violence that occurred they weren’t sure if it was one gang or multiple gangs throughout the night.

 

For some reason kris popped in her head “I wonder if he’s okay” minzy mumbled “what was that?” Mino looked over at her as he was driving “nothing oppa eyes on the road.”

 

They got to the mall and were looking around “you should get this for Bom” mino joked showing Minzy a corn pillow. Minzy eyes lighten up grabbing it quickly “you are so smart!” Mino scratched his head confused “I was joking…” he trailed after her. However, minzy knew how much Bom would love it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter