Chapter One

The Wrong Side of Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter One where it all began.

“That look could melt stone. What Chance did I have, being mere flesh and bone?”

―DazedPoetry

 

It was the start of a brand new week people usually are whining and hating a Monday more than anything, but not Minzy. She walked through the corridor smiling bright and bowing to doctors and nurses. She inhaled the smell of a hospital making her smile brighter the smell she loved the most was that and ‘him’.

 

She got to the females changing room, she didn’t like to call it a locker cause she felt it was downgrading the place where doctors get ready to work their magic. She walked in to see her unnies, chaerin and bom, they were her best friends. She had met them in the hospital they were all accepted the same year so that meant working and studying together ever since. It was these girls who understood her more than anything since they were living the same lifestyle.

 

Minzy quickly began to change into scrubs and put on her white coat, she put her blond long hair up and applied some lipstick. They all walked out together, bom whining that she didn’t want to be at work instead she rather be sleeping. Chaerin and minzy just laughed and shook their heads. They arrived to a beautiful nurse, she was known as the vampire of the hospital because she never aged, “Dara!!!” Bom jumped up at her excitedly “I missed you” she pouted “how have you been?” Dara had called some days off since she was feeling under the whether. She was also best friends with them just that Dara was a nurse and had been there longer than them still they adored her. Minzy quickly jumped on Dara and Bom while chaerin just laughed at them. Chaerin was the less touchy one out of them. “I’m much better I missed you guys to” she smiled.

 

They worked in the ER since it was what their attending doctor believed would help the doctor students get more hands on experience which meant them seeing all types of patients. It was in that area that she got closer to Dara, she was mostly always working while they were so they ended up working together as a team.

 

They pulled away from Dara after annoying her for fun, Bom sat down observing how busy the ER was, chaerin went to do follow up with patients, and Minzy sat down going through charts. Minzy wanted to specialist in cardiovascular, Bom wanted just to finish her education, and chaerin wanted to go for neurosurgery which meant they all had a doctor they favored to learn from. There attending doctor was cardiovascular and he was the heartthrob of the hospital. Every nurse and doctor crushed on him including the four inseparable girls.

 

Minzy got up to go do her follow up, she smiled as she walked to her “hi grandma how are you doing?” She asked smiling, the grandma said she still had pain so Minzy checked her blood pressure and temperature before giving her more painkillers. She had been admitted for breaking her hip, she was gonna have to go in for surgery but they were waiting on the doctor to arrive. Minzy pouted feeling bad for the grandma who was alone. However, she knew she couldn’t get too close to the patients or it would backfire on her. She knew this from past experience but she was really bad with it. Chaerin on the other hand was really great at it which made minzy believe she would make a great neurosurgeon, Bom on the other didn’t pay much attention. If minzy was honest Bom was the least Motivated out of the three she didn’t put in as much effort as them. However, there had been rumors that she was the daughter of a loan shark and people would stir away from her. Minzy saw how this could affect boms attitude toward work when there was bad talk.

 

Minzy did her other rounds and went to sit down in the nurses station where there was cameras to watch the patients from. She took out a textbook on heart surgery and began to read it.

 

When minzy told her parents at a young age that she wanted to be a doctor they didn’t pay much thought to it. To be a doctor was really tough on mental and physical health, her parents knew she was a dedicated smart girl but hoped she would go to a field like her sister who worked for the police. They lived in Seoul which was a good city, however, minzy for some such reason her heart raced when she thought of helping people and saving lives. To go to medical school was really expensive, minzy took out loans, worked a lot, and depended on her parents and on top of that finding the time to study. When her parents saw how hard she was working they couldn’t help but worry, even when she graduated and got accepted to work in Seoul Hospital they worried a ton and send her sister every once in while to check up on her once.

 

Chaerin, on the other hand was born with the brain and the riches. From what minzy knew was that chaerin was really smart and had photogenic memory which also worked to her advantage. Minzy wouldn’t dare to discredit her hard work because she saw how much effort chaerin put in to her studies and work. She was motivated for success. Her father was a famous author and her mom was a famous artist they were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter